Chicago Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Businesses here range from old world staple manufacturing sectors to new world IT based infrastructure, as well as scientific industries and financial services. The financial services industry alone is diversified and consists of risk management to derivatives structuring and trading. Chicago is the world's largest center of derivatives trading, accounting for more than 18% of the daily turnover. Every option contract that clears in the United States goes through Chicago.
One of its major up and coming industries is also the green sector. It has continuously been ranked as one of the most sustainable cities and has more sustainable certified buildings than any other city in the country.
Almost Home Corporate Housing – Chicago IL
3600 North Lakeshore Drive #1622, Chicago, IL 60613
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Chicago, IL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Chicago Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Chicago and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Chicago, IL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Chicago is a highly diversified metropolitan city with the largest non-coastal Gross Metropolitan Product of more than half a trillion dollars annually. It is also the third largest in all of the United States. If Chicago was a sovereign country, its GDP would rank 22nd in the world, ahead of Switzerland, Sweden and Norway. Chicago is the host to more than 400 corporate headquarters for businesses spread across the state, the country and internationally.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Chicago, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Chicago experiences a continental climate that is typically humid. Spring is mild with temperatures between 59°F in April and 70° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 84°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 62° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 48° in November. Winters are cold, stretching from December to March, with lows in the 20s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Chicago, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Chicago, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Chicago’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The Chicago area was originally occupied by the Potawatomi tribe. Before they arrived, the land was inhabited by the Miami and Sauk tribes. Europeans arrived in the area after 1750. The name 'Chicago' is derived from one of the tribal languages that referred to a wild condiment, either garlic or onions. The original name was 'shikakwaa' and slowly evolved under the French tongue to become Checagou. It eventually evolved to the present pronunciation in the early 1800s. The area was densely populated by these shrubs of wild garlic at the time of the tribal occupation and thus attracted that name.
The town began with just a population of 200 but grew to twenty times that in just seven years by 1840. It remained as one of the country's fastest growing areas for more than 20 years after its incorporation in March of 1837.
Once of the more famous events that raged across Chicago was the Great Chicago Fire that occurred in 1871. Four square miles of the city were totally destroyed with none of the buildings, stockyards, railroads and stations being spared. This destruction was what prompted the city to use stone and steel in its subsequent rebuilding, and became the hallmark of construction in the country.
Places to Eat Near Chicago Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Chicago, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Grill & The Goat on W Randolph St.: The Grill & The Goat serves American new age cuisine that is priced above average and offers food that provides an eclectic palette. From Pig Face to Chickpeas Fritters and Roasted Cauliflower, the menu keeps things fresh over the course of many visits. They are open daily for dinner starting at 4.30 pm and close at 11. Try the Confit Goat Belly.
- Alinea on N Halsted St: This is an expensive restaurant that is designed to impress you and your guest. It is typically American fare with a contemporary twist, ranging in an expensive dinner above $60 per person. They are open from 5pm daily except Mondays and Tuesdays. Try the Ginger Lamb.
- Hot Doug's on N California Ave.: This is a fast food place that's a little on the rough and tumble side of things, but its always crowded. It's an Anthony Bourdain kind of place and you will find tasty food and a crowd of fun-loving patrons. The food is inexpensive. A typical lunch will cost less than ten bucks. It was featured on Anthony Bourdain's show recently, and for good reason.
- Pasta Fresh on N Harlem Ave.: Pasta Fresh is an authentic Italian food specializing in food items that you would not typically find in a neighborhood restaurant. They make things like fresh pasta with Vodka sauce and ravioli stuffed with cheese and bacon. Prices range below $10 and they are open from 9am to 6pm.
- Lotus Cafe & Banh Mi Sandwiches on W Maxwell St.: This is a fusion Vietnamese American sandwich shop that caters to college students. Prices are affordable and there is always a crowd at meal times. They are open for early lunch and up to 8pm daily. Try the Sunny side Beef and the Honey Grilled Pork.
Places to Go in Chicago
Stepping out of your Chicago, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Chicago, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Chicago, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Museum of Science and Industry located on S Lake Shore Drive is one of the world's largest museums of science. There are displays here that span disciplines from aerospace to zoology. They are open daily from 9.30 am and close at 5.30 pm. If you are a history buff, make sure you visit the only U-505 boat still in existence.
- Theaters: The Cadillac Palace Theater is one of the best places in town to catch all the most recent Broadway specials. From Rent to Jersey Boys and First Wives Club, the theater is fully operational during the year with multiple daily shows set within an acoustically superior stage and recently renovated halls.
- Parks: Grant Park, located on E Randolph St is open between 6am and 11 pm daily. It covers over 300 acres of land in the central business district incorporating performance areas, sprawling gardens, sports and a harbor.
Request a Quote
Eight Chicago Corporate Housing Areas to Consider
Whether you are relocating to Chicago to live there or simply there on an extended stay, whatever your reason you will want to explore the different neighborhoods by living in Almost Home corporate housing. Here are seven suburbs that you may want to consider:
In whatever area you choose, Almost Home is your best choice for Chicago corporate housing.
- Evanston: Although it is home to Northwestern University, Evanston is a little reserved for a college town. It is known for being the birthplace of Prohibition, and for having a strong Methodist influence in its culture. If you like forward-thinking but prefer gentility to wild antics, you should consider an Evanston furnished apartment.
- Arlington Heights: If you're going to live in Arlington Heights corporate housing, you'd better bring your appetite. The downtown has recently experienced rapid development, and there are many successful restaurants that have been established there.
- Schaumburg: Schaumburg is a little too far removed from Chicago to commute in if you are working downtown. Because it is the headquarters of Motorola, there are many jobs available within Schaumburg's city limits. If you are looking for a Schaumburg furnished apartment, you will probably want to make sure that it is a short distance from where you work.
- Oak Park: Known for its Frank Lloyd Wright designed historic district, Oak Park has distinctive architecture and mom and pop storefronts. Oak Park corporate housing does not belong to your cookie cutter, run-of-the-mill suburb.
- Lakeview: While technically Lakeview sprawls across Boystown and Wrigley, those who know Chicago define it as being a more conservative neighborhood on the North Shore of Chicago. Home to many young professionals, Lakeview is an excellent place to live in corporate housing while searching for a condo in the area.
- Wrigley: Home to Wrigley Field, Wrigley is a young, jovial, and vibrant neighborhood in Chicago. Many of the apartment buildings that are near Wrigley Field have stadium seats on the rooftops, so that you can watch the games from there. Wrigley corporate housing is located near public transportation as well.
- Lincoln Park: Lincoln Park is an elegant, quiet neighborhood in Chicago. It is close to the el, and to many popular nightclubs. If you are looking to rent a corporate apartment that is located in a carriage house or a townhome, your best bet is to look in Lincoln Park.
- Downtown Chicago: Downtown Chicago is known for its amazing museums and happening nightlife. If you like to live in the midst of the excitement, you may want to choose downtown Chicago.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Chicago area including Downtown, Aurora, Arlington Heights, Brookfield, Buffalo Grove, Carol Stream, Crystal Lake, Downers Grove, Elmhurst.