Lansdale PA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lansdale, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lansdale Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lansdale and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lansdale, PA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Lansdale is a suburb of Philadelphia. Most of its residents work in the immediate Lansdale area or along the towns between Lansdale and Philadelphia. The local economy that used to be heavily involved in manufacturing and agriculture has now evolved into a suburban economy driven by residential demand and suburban infrastructure.
Lansdale's property value is driven by the quality of its living environment. Home value here is driven by demand from those who work in the surrounding cities, including Newark and New York City, not to mention Philadelphia. There are some jobs in the area for the local businesses and the local city councils and public services but no major corporations and industries. Lansdale has a strong academic reputation with St Stanislaus School in the area.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lansdale, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Laredo experiences a semi-arid climate with four distinct seasons. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from 34°F in March to 82° in June. Summers are hot, reaching a high of 87° in July. August is hot as well with highs in the mid 80s. Fall temperatures average approximately 66° in October to lows of 39° in November. January is the coldest month, averaging 25°. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lansdale, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lansdale, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lansdale’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Lansdale's initial growth was primarily due to the construction of the North Pennsylvania Railroad in the mid 19th century. The railroad resulted in growing a layered society in Lansdale by introducing new settlers and housing construction workers as well as business into the area. The town was incorporated in 1872 and named after the chief surveyor, Philip Lansdale Fox.
The earliest settlers in Lansdale included the Jenkins family who owned much of the land in the area.
Places to Eat Near Lansdale Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lansdale, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Ray's Pizzeria & Steaks on S Valley Forge Road: Ray's serves some of the most highly acclaimed Philly Cheesesteaks outside of downtown Philadelphia. The meats are perfectly sliced and adequately charred. Many people compare it to Pat's and Gino's in South Philly. Try the Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak, which is a unique twist on the usual cheesesteak.
- Umai on Pennbrook Parkway: Umai is a Japanese restaurant that specializes in fresh sushi. It can be a little loud on the weekends when it gets crowded, but the energy is festive. The service is fast and courteous. The sushi is well flavored, with the local favorite being the Spider Rolls. Try the Kale Juice from the drink menu. There is no bar to speak of, but you are welcome to bring your own beer.
- Shell Fish Sue on W Main St: Shell Fish Sue is a well known hangout in Lansdale. The food is fresh, the flavors are abundant and the service is personal. The restaurant is very clean and tidy. The owners always mingle with diners and make an effort to please all their customers. The Lobster Mac and Cheese along with the crab cake with mussels are favorites here.
- Nadia Thai on Walnut St: This is a fusion restaurant, boldly combining French subtleties and finesse with spicy Thai flavors. Prices are nominal and portions are large. Service is friendly and the dining hall is comfortable. There is no alcohol served at this restaurant.
- Osaka Japanese Steakhouse: Osaka is an authentic Japanese restaurant that serves more than just sushi. The menu has appetizers and entrees typically found in local Japanese suburbs, like the edamame and the chawanmushi. The sushi is popular here especially the smoked salmon skin and the unagi eel sushi. Try the kani kamakazi ribeye, if you like steak.
Things to do in Lansdale
Stepping out of your Lansdale, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lansdale, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lansdale, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Peter Wentz Farmstead Society in Lansdale is part of an initiative to preserve the 18th century culture and heritage of German farming and lifestyle. The objectives are met by advancing public education and organizing activities that encourage participation and focusing on artifacts that highlight the philosophies of the culture.
- Theater: The Montgomery Theater in downtown Lansdale is busy throughout the year with various stage and broadways shows. The local production troupe are talented individuals from the local and surrounding area that put up thought provoking and humorous sketches.
- Malls: The area has numerous opportunities for shopping with the relatively nearby King of Prussia Mall and the malls in Philadelphia and neighboring New Jersey. However in Lansdale, the Station Square Shops offer convenience and variety as well as character in all the locally owned boutiques and retail stores. The location is adjacent to the SEPTA R5 line and consists of two retail buildings and more than a dozen storefronts.
- Golf: The Pine Crest Golf Club is a public course on Country Club Drive in Lansdale offering players 18 holes of challenging plays. It plays 6,331 yards from the back tees over a Par 70 course. The service at the clubhouse is top notch for a public course.
- Parks: White's Road Park is a 33 acre park located on the 400 block of White's Road. It has a swimming pool, basketball court, a half mile walking path, picnic areas, an amphitheater and a parking lot that will fit 120 vehicles.
Request a Quote