Portland OR Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
We serve the entire Portland area including Downtown Portland, Beaverton, Forest Grove, Tigard, Gresham, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Vancouver, WA.
Area Information for Portland OR Corporate Housing
Almost Home offers numerous Portland OR corporate housing options. Should you be considering a furnished apartment in the Portland area, here is some area information to help familiarize yourself.
If you’ve never been to the Pacific Northwest, you will be introduced to a very enjoyable place. Portland tends to be a very hip town with a very congenial spirit. By their own admission, Portlanders say that there is a part of them that is weird, in a good way, of course. Maybe everyone is in a jovial mood because of the weather, or maybe because there are more microbreweries per capita in Portland than there are in any other city in the country. Wherever your Portland temporary housing is, you are likely going to enjoy your experience, no matter how long or short-term your stay is.
Strategically, Portland, is located in a highly profitable location. It sits on the Pacific coast with shipping access to Asia across the Pacific. Understandably, Portland maintains large container terminals in its northern section by the Columbia River. Additionally, there is an established industrial infrastructure that spreads across the city. In terms of quality of life, it has been ranked as the top 50 in the world. The largest employer here is Intel, giving Portland the economic share of the technology industry.
Weather in Portland, OR
The weather here is typical of the Pacific Northwest. The winters here are damp and mild, and the summers are dry and cool. There is some snowfall usually every winter and the temperature only dips to about 35°F in January. After that, the mercury climbs to about the 60s in April and to about the low 80s in July before it tapers back down to a comfortable 60s in the fall. Be sure to bring a wide variety of clothing layers to your Portland OR furnished apartment.
If you will be needing public transportation to/from Your Portland OR corporate apartment, there is the MAX Light Rail, the Portland Streetcar and also buses.
Dining Suggestions for Almost Home Portland OR Corporate Housing Clients
- Portland City Grille on the 30th Floor of 111 SW 5th Ave: Good food and superb views from the 30th floor are something that make for a romantic evening or for a power dinner between business associates at this great dining establishment. Give the artisan cheeses a try as well as the Northwest Cloppino, a broth of rich saffron, crab, prawn and scallops. Another favorite is the Char Grilled Honey Fennel Rubbed Rack of Lamb.
- Down to Earth on SW 35th Ave.: There is a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, and they are all great. Start your day here with a simple traditional breakfast or build your own omelet with cheese, meats and veggies of your choice. As for the lunch menu, it's full of sandwiches and pitas as well as burgers and salads. For dinner, try the Dezze, shanks that are slowly cooked to perfection with garbanzo beans. Another option form this sumptuous menu is the Wild Alaskan Salmon Burger.
- Screen Door on East Burnside St.: This restaurant celebrates the taste and splendor of the south, blending the fresh local produce of the region with the culinary heritage of the deep south, resulting in an experience that is astounding. The brunch menu is inviting and includes fried chicken and waffles. The chicken is battered in a buttermilk batter and then fried, and the waffles include sweet potatoes.
- Mother's Bistro & Bar on SW Stark St.: You will find a good variety of menu options here. For breakfast, the Stuffed Frittata is a great way to greet the morning, or even the Salmon Hash. For lunch, a good choice is the Fish Du Jour. As for dinner, try the Dungeness Crab Cake, Fried Calamari, the Mexican Chopped Salad, or Roasted Free Range Chicken. Don't forget dessert, because the Creme Brulee and the Cobbler are something you must make room for.
- Bamboo Sushi on NW 23rd Ave.: The sushi here is pretty authentic and tastefully presented. Some interesting choices might be the Seafood & Vegetable Tempura or the House on Fire Mackerel. Try the Karashi Hanger as well and the Sumo Burger.
Things to Do In Portland, OR
Short term corporate housing clients will have a panoply of entertainment choices to suit whatever their tastes may be.
With all the things you can do, get out and experience a lot of the beauty and splendor that defines the gorgeous Pacific Northwest. Enjoy the food, the nature, the culture, and the people. Find out how one of the most hip cities in the world thrives day and night.
- Museums: There are a few museums in Portland that deserve to be visited. Oregon has diverse population and with that comes a diverse history. To better understand it while you are here, start with the Oregon Historical Society or the Oregon History Museum, where you will find a broad range of exhibits on display. You can also visit the Museum of Contemporary Craft. A favorite among many people is also the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry located on SE Water Ave.
- Malls: There are several malls that you can choose from: Washington Square on SW Washington Square Rd., Pioneer Place on SW 5th Ave, the Lloyd Center, the Bridgeport Village Mall on SW Bridgeport Rd and Eastport Plaza on SE 82nd St. Of course downtown also offers a good variety of shops.
- Performing Arts Center: One thing Portland has an abundance of is performance theaters. A number of good performances will make their way to one of these theaters throughout a given year. Among some of the better theaters are The Refuge PDX, the Portland Metro Performing Arts on SE Stark St., and The Lightbox Kulturhaus. So, step out of your temporary housing and enjoy a little culture.
- Parks and Recreation: Oregon offers some of the best parks and recreation facilities in the nation. At any one of these parks you can swim, golf, play tennis and hike on wooded trails. All this is managed by the City of PortlandParks and Recreation. There are also numerous picnic sites around Portland that you could spend the evening walking your dog or taking a relaxing stroll.
Request a Quote