Wichita Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
We serve the entire Wichita area including Derby, Valley Center, Goddard, Clearwater.
There’s no place like home and one of Almost Home’s Wichita corporate housing units will make you feel nearly like you are home. We offer numerous furnished apartments in Wichita, KS, which we encourage you to take a look at and speak with us about today.
Should you be considering a short term stay in Wichita, KS, we wish to provide a brief summary of information about the area that might be helpful to you.
Be sure to fill your Wichita corporate apartment closets with a wide variety of clothing. The climate here is hot and humid in the summer and cold and dry in the winter. The Summer months, from May to September, see hot weather with temperatures reaching to the high 70s to the low 80s. Fall sees some abatement from the sweltering heat when the temperatures drop to the 60s and decrease further untill it hits highs of only the 40s in December.
Wichita Business and Economy Information
The entire economy of the city is based on three sectors. The first is the aviation sector, for which some have deemed Wichita as the aviation capital of the world. From the time the first commercial aircraft was produced in Wichita until now, over 250,000 aircraft have been produced. Companies like Boeing, Cessna, Beechcraft and a few others have produced numerous models of commercial aircrafts, and have recently started to produce private aircrafts as well. The second employment sector is education. Wichita is home to several universities, the largest being Wichita State University, followed by Friends University and Newman University. The other smaller colleges that have small campuses are Butler Community College, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, ITT Technical Institute, Southwestern College, Tabor College, The University of Kansas School of Medicine , University of Phoenix, Vatterott College, and Webster University. The third major economic factor in the area is the McConnell Air Force Base.
Dining Options Near Your Wichita Corporate Housing
Wichita is sprawled across a fairly large area. Your frequent eating haunt will likely depend on places you frequent, like work and the location of your Wichita corporate housing. But just to get you started, here are some picks that will prove to be some of the most appetizing tastes this friendly town has to offer.
- P.F Chang's on N Waterfront Pkwy.: There are a few of these bistros in the south and over 200, worldwide, and all of them always live up to their reputation. The favorites here form a pretty long list, but you might wish to start with Dynamite Shrimp and then go with the Tuna Tataki or the Northern Style Spare Ribs as your main dish. As for seafood, the Oolong Chilean Sea Bass is incredible.
- Wichita Pizza Company on S Webb Rd.: Even if you're from Chicago, you're still going to love the pizza here. There is just so much to chose from. Try the Hawaiian or Supreme, if you are looking for the basic, run-of-the-mill pizza. However, if you are more adventurous, then try the Tom Tom or the Spicy Jack. For those of you who like a little heat or some Asian flavors, then the Thao Chicken is your best bet.
- Kanai Sushi on W Maple St.: As far as sushi and other delectable Japanese cuisine, this place has its act together. If you are into Japanese food, this is one place you will appreciate. Check out Chef Kanai's rendition of Agedashi Tofu, Tori Katsu Jyu. Or just go for the classics like the ubiquitous California Roll or Dragon Roll.
- Chester's Chophouse and Wine on N Webb Rd.: It's all about taste and presentation here. Artistic presentations coupled with flavors that tantalize is what makes this place a local hit. Try the Maple Mustard Salmon, for instance. It comes loaded with original flavors and is contrasted with spinach and white bean sauce. Take a look at the dinner menu and you will be absolutely overwhelmed with the various inviting choices. Appetizers starting with Bangkok Calamari and Beef Carpaccio and Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake. All this only to be bested by Duck Confit and White Pizza.
- When Pigs Fly on W Central St.: When you're this deep into the Midwest, you're going to find a lot of BBQ. This is one place that's going to do it just right, offering succulent ribs, sausages and smoked briskets. Try the spuds here as well, the Loaded Spud with Meat will impress you.
Things to Do Near Your Wichita Temporary Housing
Though not a large city, Wichita does provide numerous attractions to be enjoyed. So step out of your furnished apartment and take advantage of what is here.
There are quite a few things you can do in this town. It's a beautiful place if you like miles of plains filled with amber waves of grain and sunflowers. Contact Almost Home today about leasing a Wichita furnished apartment.
- Museums: There are a number of museums in Wichita that you should take the effort to visit while you are here. The first on the list is the Wichita Art Museum on West Museum Boulevard. There is also The Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum on South Main, and the Kansas Aviation Museum on George Washington Blvd.
- Performing Arts: There is a lot of culture to enjoy in Wichita, especially amidst the various performing arts. Go see some shows at Century II Performing Arts & Convention Center on W Douglas Ave. Then there is the Cabaret Oldtown on E Douglas Ave. You also might to try out Crown Uptown Theatre on E Douglas Ave and Mosley Street Melodramas on N Mosley.
- Malls: There are several malls to choose from in Wichita. One is Towne East Square on E Kellogg Dr. and another is Towne West Square on W Kellogg Dr. They are on the same street, just on either end of it. There is also Newmarket Square on N Maize Rd.
- Golf: There are a few good golf courses in Kansas. Many of them are right here in Wichita. A few that are nice are Auburn Hills Golf Course, located on S 135th St W. and Braeburn Golf Course on East 21st St N.
- Parks and Recreation: Kansas offers some of the best parks and recreation facilities in the nation. Many are right here in Wichita.
Request a Quote