The city also counts academics as one of its major economic engines. Northwestern University, located in Evanston, is one of the top universities in the country for business, technology and science. This gives the Evanston area a significant boost in terms of economics, both from the local, national and international students that come here to attend college and from the benefits that arise from the research that goes on within the university. The students and faculty and staff contribute to the local economy significantly, and this results in a number of secondary economic engines from Laundromats to grocery stores.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Evanston, IL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Evanston has four distinct seasons and experiences spring temperatures ranging between 57°F in April to 78° in May. Summers are warm with temperatures reaching 83° in July. Fall averages around 62° in October and cools down to lows of 33° in November. Winter stretches from November to early March. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Evanston, IL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Evanston, IL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Evanston’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Prior to European settlement, the area that is now Evanston was inhabited by Potawatomi tribes who set up small enclaves along the lake front. Best estimates suggest that they inhabited this area for five centuries. During that time, forests edged close to the lake and provided shelter, food and vegetation for the tribes. Game from these forests and fish from the lake were abundant and kept the Potawatomi well fed. Game also kept the tribes working and was one of the reasons the site became a trading post for fur.The first Europeans to arrive in the area were the French who initially named the area Grosse Pointe. The place they named then is where today’s Grosse Point Lighthouse is located. The area was mistakenly thought to be worthless and the French moved on without ever colonizing the area.
Places to Eat Near Evanston Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Evanston, IL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- The Stained Glass on Benson Ave: The Stained Glass is a venue suitable for an intimate rendezvous. It is certainly upscale in its menu choices and classy in its decor. They serve inventive entrees like Foie Gras BLTs, and the local favorite is the Rack of Lamb. There is a full bar that boasts an extensive wine list. There is no valet, but there is ample street parking.
- Soulwich on Orrington Ave: Soulwich is an Asian Fusion restaurant specializing in sandwiches. They offer take-out and delivery in addition to their dining room service. They also have outdoor seating. The ambience is casual and the pricing is inexpensive. The Indonesian Finger BBQ Sandwich is one of the popular items on the menu, and so is the Burmese Coconut Curry.
- Ward Eight between Winchester and Clark: Ward Eight is a full bar and mixes designer cocktails. The beer selection is long, and the food comes in small portions by design. This allows you to sample many different flavors in one sitting. It has an intimate dining room ambiance but dining in a group is also acceptable.
- Debbie’s Corner on Davis St: An inexpensive restaurant serving breakfast and brunch. It’s a kid-friendly restaurant with free WiFi available. There is plenty of street parking and they offer take-out but not delivery. The Croissants are popular here.
- Campagnola on Chicago Ave: This is a casual restaurant that is geared towards romantic dinners. It works well for groups as well. The prices are higher than usual. The full bar has interesting cocktails and a good selection of beer. The food is authentically Italian with a focus on seafood. The Diver Scallops are popular here and so is the bacon Wrapped Pheasant.
Things to do in Eugene IL
Stepping out of your Evanston, IL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Mitchell Museum of the American Indian exclusively focuses on the history and story of the American Indian tribes and the members of the First Nation. Exhibits include fine art, cultural tools and costumes, and famous people of the tribes. The museum is located on Central St.
- Theater: The Piccolo Theater on Main St focuses on comedy productions. The genre varies widely from Shakespeare comedy to more contemporary plays and British Panto. The crew is adept, and the stage is well suited for the crowd. The theater seats only 50 at a time.
- Golf: The Frank Govern Memorial Golf Course on Central St is an 18-hole executive length course designed by Todd Sloan. It plays across 6,844 yards on a par 70 and 57.9 rating. In addition to the actual course there is also a chipping area, a putting green and a practice bunker. They also offer rental clubs.
- Parks: The Merrick Rose Garden on Ridge Ave is a public park that is available for private functions. The park features hundreds of varieties and colors of roses. The park is a beautiful place to stroll during the summer. It is located in Ridge Ave.
Whatever your reason for visiting Evanston, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Evanston, IL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Evanston area including Wilmette, Kenilworth, Winnetka, Lincolnwood, Skokie, Niles, and Morton Grove.