Fayette County Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
There are a number of large corporations, some of which make up the Fortune 500 list. These include Xerox and IBM, just to name two. Other major companies like Amazon.com and UPS have substantial operations in the country, specifically, in Lexington. Aside from commerce, academics is also a major economic factor here. The University of Kentucky, located her, attracts students from regional and International locations. This drives an entirely different economy from the corporate world. It is partially a driver for real estate and is also a driver for retail and food. The University is also the largest employer in the county. There are also other academic institutions here like Transylvania University and Bluegrass Community & Technical College.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Fayette County, KY corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Fayette County Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Fayette County and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Fayette County, KY for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Fayette County is one of the most robust counties in the country, from the perspective of economics. It supports a diverse amalgamation of industries, from technology related industries, to manufacturing, and agriculture based companies, and even successful entrepreneurial ventures. Fayette County has earned the reputation of being one of the nation’s most resilient and well planned economies.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Fayette County, KY furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Fayette County experiences four seasons in the year with warmer seasons more pronounced than the cooler ones. It has mild springs with temperatures ranging between highs of 55°F in March, to 66° in April. Summers are characterized by extended warmer months of July and August that peak at 86°. Fall temperatures average highs of 68° in October, then cools down to lows of 37° in November. Winter stretches from December to early March with January being the coldest month with lows of 25°. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Fayette County, KY corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Fayette County, KY corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Fayette County’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Fayette County's history is rooted in the establishment and breakup of Kentucky County in Virginia which happened in 1780 under the auspices of the Virginia Act. The original Kentucky County that gave rise to Fayette County was the result of the division of Fincastle County in 1776. The other two counties were Jefferson and Lincoln. All three countries then petitioned to secede from Virginia. Their petition to secede succeeded and the state of Kentucky was born. They then petitioned to be admitted to the United States and became the 15th state of the Union.
Fayette County, by virtue of containing Lexington, rose to prominence as being one of the wealthiest places on the west coast. Prominent family names including John Hunt Morgan, Jefferson Davis, and Mary Todd Lincoln hail from this county.
Places to Eat Near Fayette County Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Fayette County, KY furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Sahara Mediterranean Cuisine on Fieldstone Way: This is a typical and authentic Middle Eastern restaurant offering some of the city's best flavors. The Lamb Shawarma is a hit with the locals and the lunch specials are a crowd puller every weekday. Prices are inexpensive and the portions are large. There is no alcohol on the premises. Parking is convenient. They are open Mondays through Saturdays till 7pm.
- Wine Market on W 2nd St: This sandwich bar is open for lunch and dinner with beer served all day. It's a casual place that is not expensive. Parking is convenient and they have free WiFi. The restaurant is quiet for most of the day and comfortable. The beer selection is extensive and the Duck Confit is popular.
- Yamaguchi Sake and Tapas on Codell Dr. : This is a fusion of tastes that combine Japanese sushi with tapas menus. The resulting lunch and dinner selections are exotic and a favorite with the locals. Try the Sashimi Specials or the Japanese Style Fried Chicken. They are open till midnight with most patrons dressed casually.
- Old San Juan on Surfside Drive: Old San Juan is a Cuban Bakery that has a lot of the traditional snack and comfort food choices made fresh daily. From fried Sweet Plantains to Malta Goya, the mom and pop environment completely ties the homey feel to comfort food. It is great for lunch and dinner and they are open till 8pm on most nights.
- Winchell's Restaurant and Bar: Winchell's is a typical sports bar that has a respectable list of drinks from a full bar and a good appetizer and entree menu to satisfy the drinker and the diner. They are open from 8 am to 11 pm and are a little higher in price. There is no smoking in the dining hall.
Things to do in Fayette County
Stepping out of your Fayette County, KY temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Fayette County, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Fayette County, KY that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Mary Todd Lincoln House located on West Main St showcases the times and relevance of the sixteenth first lady of the United States. The households interesting artifacts from the period and from the life of the young Mary Todd, prior to her marriage to President Lincoln.
- Theater: Carriage House Theater is a community theater in Lexington that promotes simple and communal productions of plays and performances. They are located on W Bell Court and offer admission of $21.
- Golf: The Tates Creek Golf Course is manicured over a 125 acre forest that includes mature foliage and natural lakes set in undulating geography that tests each player's mettle. The course is open daily between 7.30 am and sunset.
- Parks: The Boone Station park located on Gentry Rd in Lexington is a park commemorating the role of Daniel Boone in frontier activity. Boone's grave is still located here, in a park that has become a popular recreation and hiking park.
Request a Quote