Glencoe IL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Looking for temporary housing in a peaceful, quiet setting? Almost Home’s Glencoe IL corporate housing will more than fulfill your hopes. Get away from the hustle and bustle of Chicago and settle down into a Glencoe furnished apartment.
Glencoe IL Economy
Glencoe is primarily a residential neighborhood, with an economy driven by the retail, real estate and services dedicated to the operation of a household community. Most of the businesses in the area are based on entrepreneurial activities of the residents including high tech and service industries. Most Glencoe corporate housing clients reside in the town but work in nearby Chicago or other larger cities. Glencoe is an affluent neighborhood with a median family income exceeding $200,000.
Glencoe corporate housing clients can expect humid summers and mild winters. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from highs of 45°F in March to 68° in May. Summers are hot and characterized by daily rainfall, with temperatures reaching a peak of 83°. Fall averages 62° in October to lows of 33° in November. Winter stretches from December to early March, with the coldest of 16° occurring in January.
Prior to the Village of Glencoe laying its foundation, the area was inhabited and cultivated by the Potawatomi tribe. They were not ardent farmers, so they had left the land intact, and instead foraged the vegetation and hunted the wildlife as well as fished in the streams and waterways. The Potawatomi were eventually edged out of the area as the European settlements began to sprout.
The first European family to settle in the area was Anson and Lisa Taylor's. They purchased 160 acres of land for $189 in 1839. The deed was signed by President Van Buren. The Taylors built a home near the road heading west and soon built a hostel serving travelers on the way west. The Inn lasted for half a century, located in present day Old Green Bay Road. The settlement that quickly rose around the Inn was referred to as Taylorsport. New residents kept coming in and eventually a school was built in 1850 on Green Bay Rd.
The name eventually was changed to Glencoe, possibly following the name of Glencoe in Scotland. The seal of the town is the same as the seal of Scotland's Glencoe. Glencoe began its existence with the development of larger homes and upscale living for those working and operating in the Chicago area. Original homes designed by famous architects like Howerd Van Doren Shaw and David Adler continue to line the streets of Glencoe till today. Many Glencoe corporate apartments reflect this upscale architecture.
Places to Eat in Glencoe IL
- Meg's Cafe on Park Ave: Meg's is part of catering outfit that services the immediate area. The restaurant has a tasty American menu served in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere. The Mushroom Barley Soup is a favorite here and so is the Chicken Salad Sandwich. They serve lunch and dinner, have free Wi-Fi and will oblige take-out and delivery. Take some great food back to your furnished apartment and enjoy a break from cooking.
- Guildhall Restaurant & Bar on Vernon Ave: This is a casual American restaurant that has a full bar. The menu is full of great items, like Steak and Fries, Fritto Misto or Grilled Lamb Chops. There is a comfortable ambiance mixed with prompt service here.
- Guanajuato on Green By Rd: This is a Mexican restaurant serving all the Mexican favorites in a friendly and casual atmosphere. It's a family restaurant that offers indoor dining and outdoor, as well. The shrimp tacos are a favorite here. The margaritas at the bar are delicious, with the choice also of various tequilas.
- Frank and Betsie's Restaurant on Green Bay Rd: Wholesome American food with a country feel is what you get here. Most evenings you will need reservations; otherwise the wait can be long.
- Kabul House on Oakton St: This is an Afghan restaurant serving authentic dishes. They are open all week and allow take-out. They serve items like Lentil Soup and Mantoo as well as the Qabil Palau which is a succulent interpretation of lamb.
Things to do Near Glencoe Temporary Housing
Whatever your reason for making this town your destination, let Almost Home impress you with many excellent temporary, Glencoe IL corporate housing options. We are confident we have a furnished apartment that will meet your needs.
- Museum: The Glencoe Historical Society located on Park Ave was founded in 1937 and is focused on collecting and preserving artifacts and documents that relate to the history and heritage of the town. There is also material relating the history and relationship between and from its namesake in Scotland.
- Theater: Writer's Theater is a local theater on Park Avenue that showcases productions by local and visiting troupes. They present thought provoking and emotional stage plays as well as productions of famous performances. Performances like Hedda Gabler and The Dance of Death, are just two of the performances that received critical acclaim.
- Golf: The Lake Shore Country Club course is an 18-hole course that is designed over ravines and planes that takes a player through his paces. There is a chipping area to practice and a driving range and putting greens.
- Parks: The Clara Dietz Bird Sanctuary is a great experience with the variety of birds in the area differing across seasons. In addition to birds, there are also chipmunks and rabbits that make this a fabulous place to enjoy nature under towering shady trees and water features.
Request a Quote