La Jolla CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Tourism is driven by the spectacular views, considered as one of the top in California. Having natural yet overwhelming seascapes, tourism infrastructure command premium rates and real estate sees annual appreciation with escalating demand. There is a juxtaposition of tourism and real estate in La Jolla that comes from being a summer vacation favorite as well as it being a tourist destination.
From a corporate perspective, La Jolla is also home to Pfizer, where they built and maintain a half a million square foot campus that houses an advanced lab for research and testing, as well as an academic facility for biochemistry. In terms of academic presence this biotech facility is not alone. The oldest oceanographic institute is based here and so is the University of California.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of La Jolla, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
La Jolla Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in La Jolla and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in La Jolla, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. La Jolla is a picturesque seaside community occupying seven miles of hilly seaside real estate along the Pacific coast. La Jolla’s economy is driven by tourism, real estate, education, and technology.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your La Jolla, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. La Jolla has a Mediterranean climate and has a few very hot days throughout the year. La Jolla starts its spring with 66 ºF in March to 69 ºF in May, inclines in summer with 76 ºF and 78º F in July and August respectively. Fall has 75 ºF in October down to 65 ºF in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your La Jolla, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in La Jolla, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with La Jolla’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The original inhabitant of the area, a local Native Indian tribe was among the earliest to explore the area. Based on the geographic features of the landscape they called it the land of the holes, referring undoubtedly to the natural caves on the bluffs in La Jolla that face north. This is another spectacular tourist destination. It was considered the Jewel of the area by these Indians and the Spanish extended that by naming the area La Jolla - the Jewel.
Charles Dean arrived in the area in the late 1800s and purchased land within present day La Jolla. He then subdivided his property and sold most of it. Some of it exists today as La Jolla Park.
In 1896 journalist and publisher Ellen Browning Scripps settled in La Jolla. She was devoted to humanitarian missions, for the benefit of La Jolla such commissioning many of La Jolla's most notable buildings like National Register of Historic Places , La Jolla Woman's Club, The Bishop's School, and the Old Scripps Building at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Places to Eat Near La Jolla Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s La Jolla, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood on Prospect St.: Eddie V’s Prime Seafood is a steakhouse that specializes in surf and turf. Prices are average and they are open from 5 pm to 11 pm during weekdays and 11am to 3 pm every weekend. Try their famous lobster tacos.
- Whisk n' ladle on Wall St.: Whisk n' ladle is an open bar and restaurant that has a fine dining arrangement and food prepared in exquisite detail. Prices vary between above average and expensive. Whisknladle opens before lunch time or 10 am during Saturdays and Sundays and closes at 10pm. Try the mussels with paprika potato chips.
- George’s at the Cove on Prospect St.: George’s at the Cove is located besides the ocean. They serve a variety of dishes from their eclectic menu. Prices are average and they are open from 11 am to 10 pm every day. Try out their spicy jalapeño / pineapple margarita.
- Herringbone on Herschel Ave.: Herringbone is known for serving flavorful seafood in a classic and rustic environment. Their food pairs well with their inventory in the well stocked wine cellar. The restaurant opens during lunch time from Monday to Saturday. Try their Chilean Sea Bass.
- Turmeric Thai Kitchen on Caminito Blythefield: Turmeric Thai Kitchen is famous for its authentic Thai dishes and uses ingredients directly from Thailand. They serve lunch and dinner. Prices are affordable. Try out their house specialty, Panang Beef Curry.
Things to do in La Jolla
Stepping out of your La Jolla, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting La Jolla, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in La Jolla, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The La Jolla Historical Society located on Eads Avenue is a little house turned into a museum. They have artifacts, photos, paintings, books and important papers related to La Jolla’s history. It is a nonprofit organization that advocates for and works to preserve the heritage of the La Jolla community. They also got facilities to host seminars and other types of events.
- Theater: The La Jolla Playhouse on La Jolla Village Drive is an artistically enjoyable place to catch musicals and plays. They are open throughout the year, featuring a wide repertoire of production from the local troupe and include visiting performances from Broadway to Europe.
- Parks: The La Jolla Cove located on Coast Blvd. is a park besides the ocean. It has a fascinating view of the ocean and experiencing the ocean breeze. There is also a parking area and restaurants located nearby to eat at after or before visiting the La Jolla Cove.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire La Jolla area including San Diego, Chula Vista, Coronado, La Jolla, San Marcos.
Request a Quote