Lincoln NE Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Health Care industry related companies provide the bulk of employment in the area. There are two major hospitals and several large outpatient centers, Bryan Health System, located across the city, is considered as one of the huge employers in Lincoln.
Lincoln has been on the Forbes list for Best 5 Places for Business and Careers. Some national and regional chains like Runza Restaurants, Amigos/Kings, Valentino's, and Classic were some of the regional restaurants that started in Lincoln. Hobby Town USA also calls Lincoln, home.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lincoln, NE corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lincoln Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lincoln and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lincoln, NE for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Lincoln’s economic activity focuses mostly on the service industries; and is fairly typical of a mid-sized American city. One of the largest contributors to the economy is the state government and the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. Information technology, education, insurance, rail and truck transport, call center, medical and banking are prominent in the area.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lincoln, NE furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Lincoln has a humid continental climate with hot summers and no dry season. The Temperature in Lincoln, varies from 5ºF to 83º F. It gets 32 inches of rain per year and a snowfall of 44 inches. The city experiences Spring with temperatures of 41.1ºF in March up to 69.8F during May. Summer’s temperature ranges from 68.9º F in July to 80.3º F in August, down to 57.9º F in October to 23.4º F in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lincoln, NE corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lincoln, NE corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lincoln’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Lincoln was originally established as a village in 1856 and known as Lancaster. It eventually became the county seat of Lancaster County in 1859. The village of Lancaster was initially chosen to be the capital of Nebraska Territory, when the legislature was interested to move the capital south of the Platte River, however, much of the territory south of the Platte was eventually annexed by Kansas.
However, the city of Omaha disrupted in order to the move to make Lancaster as the capital of Nebraska by having it renamed after the President Abraham Lincoln, who was, at the time, recently assassinated. Many of the people south of the river had been sympathetic to the Confederate cause and it was assumed that the legislature would not pass the measure if the future capital were named after Abraham Lincoln. The choice to name the capital city "Lincoln" caused quite a stir among the constituents, whose sentiments were mixed regarding who should have won the Civil War.
Places to Eat Near Lincoln Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lincoln, NE furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- The Oven on N 8th St: The Oven is a reasonably priced restaurant where they serve authentic Indian and Pakistani cuisine alongside full bar. Catering and waiter service is available here. They offer full menu for lunch and dinner in a musical environment. Try Chicken Saag and Spinach bread.
- African Restaurant on N 27th St: It is an economical restaurant, which offers traditional Ethiopian and African cuisine. They do not serve alcohol here. Private parking is available. It is a comfortable place for lunch and dinner. Try meat Sambosas and Beef Tibs.
- Blue Orchid on N 10th St: Blue Orchid is an affordable restaurant where they offer ethnic Thai food in a comfortable and trendy environment. They offer outdoor seating, as well as take out. Try Chicken Pineapple Stir Fry and Tom Yum Soup.
- Sultan’s Kite on O St: It is an inexpensive place, which offers classic Mediterranean cuisine in casual atmosphere. This place is open seven days a week. Parking is available easily. Try Chicken Schwarma & Potatoes and Gyro meat.
- Hiro 88 on R St: Hiro 88 is a moderate restaurant, offering hearty American and Japanese cuisine. They offer full menu for lunch and dinner in an elegant seating. There is a bar here. They offer free Wi-Fi and television service. Try Wasabi Stinger Roll and Poke Tuna.
Things to do in Lincoln, NE
Stepping out of your Lincoln, NE temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lincoln, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lincoln, NE that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Park: The Colonial Hills Park is located on 67th & Bernese. This place is spread over 18 acres and includes a basketball court, drinking fountain, and biker trail, picnic tables, horse-shoe court, volley-ball court, children play area and open shelters. This place is easily accessible by bus, bike or car.
- Museum: Morill Hall Museum is located on North 14th Street. This place includes an exhibition area and planetarium. They exhibit science shows, public lectures and a good collection of zoological and botanical specimens. Free visitor parking is avail and it is accessible by bus or car.
- Theater: Bourbon Theater is located on O Street. This theater is located inside a completely remodeled movie theater. This place is a musical venue for the city of Lincoln. They mostly organize musical performances along with comedy and sometimes movies. It is easily accessible by bus, train or car.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Lincoln area including Waverly, Walton, Denton, Pleasant Dale, Malcolm.
Request a Quote