Monterey CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The next substantial area of economy in the Monterey area is food services. This sector accounts for more than 5% of the employment, and it is an increasing trend for the city and the county. The city's food services sector ties in well with the area's tourism industry that brings in significant income for the city.
Beyond these and simple agriculture, fruit farming, which goes above and beyond the agriculture numbers is also a major economic driver in Monterey.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Monterey, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Monterey Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Monterey and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Monterey, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Monterrey city economy is indicative of the industries existing across Monterey County where in the largest industry is agriculture, followed by food services, real estate and employment by the federal government.
In terms of its agriculture, more than 14% of the population is involved in this sector, and this number keeps increasing. The post recession levels have begun to resemble pre-recession levels and the area has seen a net influx of residents. The agricultural and the support activities for this sector account for more than 20% of the income.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Monterey, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Monterey experiences a typical Mediterranean climate with temperatures that are cool in the summer and mild through rest of the year. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 63°F in April and 64°F in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 70°F in August and September. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 70° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 46° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid to upper 50s and low 60s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Monterey, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Monterey, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Monterey’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The Monterey area was originally inhabited by the Esselen Tribe which as incorrectly thought to have become extinct soon after the arrival of the Spanish. This is, however, incorrect. The tribe continues to exist till today in some form, no matter how small.
The earliest arrival of Europeans seems to date back to Sebastian Vizcaino's exploration in the early 1600s. Here he records in his journals of a bay that was perfect for traversing galleons of the time. The location was named Bahia de Monterey. Not much was said after his exploration until the mid to late 1700s when the Portola Expedition traveled north from San Diego in search of Vizcaino's bay. They did not find it and continued north to San Francisco. He returned the following year, this time two parties set out, one via land and the other by sea. Fr Junipero Serra and Potola both met at Monterey. They eventually built the Presidio and a chapel. By 1777 Monterey had become popular enough that it had become the capital of Alta California.
Places to Eat Near Monterey Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Monterey, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Paprika Cafe on Lighthouse Ave: Paprika Cafe is a Middle Eastern restaurant that specializes in authentic and fusion food. From their Garlic Shwarma Plate to their Pita Brea, the locals highly recommend the place for its menu and service. The restaurant is open for lunch starting at noon daily and close at 8pm. Prices are average and it is best for lunch rather than an early dinner.
- Bistro Moulin on Wave St: Bistro is a French seafood restaurant that specializes in moderately priced delicacies like escargot and Coc Au Vin. Another popular item is the Gnocchi as well as the Confit de Canard. The restaurant is open only for dinner between 5pm and 11pm. Make reservations on weekends as it can get pretty crowded.
- Compagno's Market and Deli on Prescott Ave.: Compagno's is a deli that has a market where you can buy deli meats as well. They serve delicious and fresh sandwiches for under ten bucks. They open at 10 for lunch and close at 6pm. The full size sandwiches are large, so most people get halves. They do not do delivery and are good for lunch and snacks. There is beer and wine here.
- Old Fisherman's Grotto on Fisherman's Wharf: This is a mid-priced seafood and steakhouse that offers traditional steakhouse staples. The grilled artichoke appetizer is popular here along with the bread bowl clam chowder. They open for lunch at 11am and close after dinner at 10pm. Prices here are less than $30 per person for a full course meal.
- Taste of Vietnam on Fremont Blvd.: This restaurant is a fusion food-sports bar, all wrapped into one. They are open daily from 11am to 3pm for lunch and again from 5 pm to 10 pm for dinner. A typical meal costs less than ten bucks, including a drink.
Places to Go in Monterey, CA
Stepping out of your Monterey, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Monterey, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Monterey, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Golden State Theater in Alvarado St is a popular theater that features concerts, musicals and plays, even films at times. They showcase locally prominent performances and sometimes nationally touring companies.
- Museums: The Monterey Museum of Art located on Pacific Street is a diverse institution of serious art exhibitions characterized by various local artists and international masters across a wide range of media.
- Aquarium: The Monterey Bay Aquarium is an exciting place for all ages, showcasing aquatic animals in as close to their habitats as possible and providing an evening experience with cocktails for adults. The aquarium is located on Cannery Row.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Monterey area including San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Request a Quote