Oakland CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Oakland, together with San Francisco and Hayward produce a Gross Metropolitan Product in excess of $350 billion annually, making it rise to the top 20 metropolitan areas in all of the United States. There is a large presence of International companies here due to its shipping convenience as well as its proximity to San Francisco which has allowed migration for a number of major companies in San Francisco to move over to Oakland due to the tight supply of floor space and cheaper costs across the bay.
Alameda county manages its affairs from its offices in Oakland and that accounts for a huge part of employment in the city. Although the Port is the largest employer by industry, the county is the single largest employer followed by the banking sector, retail and healthcare.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Oakland, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Oakland Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Oakland and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Oakland, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The highlight of the economic picture that dominates all of Oakland’s commerce is its transshipment and shipping industries that enter and exits the Port of Oakland creating a shipping economy that exceeds $40 billion dollars annually and employs over 200,000 residents in and around Oakland. That shipping industry then overflows to support warehousing, land transport, freight forwarders, insurers and every other support operation that is needed in this industry. The Port of Oakland ranks fifth in all of the contiguous United States and is one of the pioneers in container shipping.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Oakland, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Oakland enjoys a sunny Mediterranean climate throughout most of the year. Its temperature is further influenced by its location on the bay. Summers range between 71º and 74º between June and September, with the highest temperatures reached in September. Rainfall is lowest during the summer months and highest in the winter when temperatures are in the 40s. Fall temperatures average a high of 65° in November. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Oakland, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Oakland, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Oakland’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Although the eastern United States has the earliest European settlers, today's western United States has some of the oldest fossil evidence indicated civilizations dating back more than 15,000 years ago. Some of the pre modern civilizations, the Native Americans, include the Huchiun tribe who were part of the area's longest surviving people. The highest concentration of this tribe was around Emeryville.
The next set of people who arrived was the Spanish. In 1772 they claimed most of the land which occupies present day California which was eventually converted by issuance of a deed to Luis Maria Peralta. Peralta's ranch, which included much of East Bay, and Oakland eventually passed to Mexico's jurisdiction upon their independence from Spain. Peralta and his descendants remained as the rightful owners of the land, which were filled with oak trees and covers not just parts of today's Oakland but also other parts of today's Alameda County.
Among the Peralta family, the area was known as the oak grove, or in Spanish, Encinal. And that's what it was first named, Encinal before it was changed to today's Oakland after California entered the United States.
Oakland entered the United States as part of the 500,000 square miles exchanged for $15 million under the terms of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo with an agreement that the original Mexican landowners would still have right to their lands. However, it was not fully enforced and many settlers encroached on the land and the Peralta family also sold much of the land they owned. Development was fast and the city soon took shape and was reincorporated in 1854 as the City of Oakland with Horace Carpenter as its first Mayor.
Places to Eat Near Oakland Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Oakland, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Haddon Hill Cafe on Wesley Ave.: The cafe is popular among the locals and busy throughout the day. They open at 8 am for breakfast and close at 3pm, daily. There is a wide array of items on the menu and a typical meal costs under $10. It's a great place to have breakfast when they serve Almond lattes. Also ask about their scones and the fresh empanadas.
- Arizmendi Bakery on Lakeshore Ave.: Arizmendi is a bakery and pizzeria combined. It offers fresh baked loaves from sourdough baguettes to savory and sweet pastries that hit the spot between meals. It is a popular place among the locals and is priced reasonable well. They are open daily between 7am and 7pm.
- Cholita Linda on Telegraph Ave.: Cholita is an affordable restaurant specializing in simple Mexican and Latin American food ranging from tacos to fried plantains. They are open for lunch daily between 11 and 2, then again for dinner between 5:30 and 9pm. They do offer takeouts and have a casual atmosphere.
- Banh Mi Ba Le on International Blvd.: Banh Mi is a Vietnamese restaurant that serves authentic dishes a well as Americanized sandwiches with a Vietnamese flavor. They accept credit cards and are popular during lunch hour.
- Genova Deli on Telegraph Ave.: Genova is an Italian deli that serves fresh ingredients in interesting ways, like their fresh mozzarella cheese with marinated artichokes within a balsamic sandwich is a new twist on old recipes. They have good Dutch crunch rolls and that is the favorite. The lines are long, so get there early.
Things to Do in Oakland
Stepping out of your Oakland, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Oakland, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Oakland, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Parks: There are a number of parks in Oakland that are nationally recognized. One such park is the Redwood Regional Park that has a mature forest of redwood forest dating back over an expanse of time. The parks sits at the perimeter of Oakland on the East Bay side and has hiking paths that are extensive.
- Entertainment: The nightlife in Oakland is vibrant. Most of the bars and nightclubs are located downtown and include a wide array of styles to suite every major and eclectic taste. For upscale entertainment, The Paramount Theater is one of the better places to head to for its local and visiting productions. Depending on the time of the year you will find anything from symphonies to musicals and stage performances.
- Museums: As far as unique artifacts go, one of the most overlooked attractions in Oakland is the USS Potomac. The Potomac was FDR's presidential yacht. Tours are available daily and they are not crowded even during the holidays. There is a tour on board as well as below deck.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Oakland area including San Francisco, Daly City, Oakland, San Mateo, Fremont, San Ramon, Walnut Creek, Concord, Richmond, Mill Valley.
Request a Quote