Pensacola FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Aside from the services and the contractors that are directly affiliated with the NAS, there are also other professional services like healthcare and engineering that make up the bulk of the domestic workforce and output. Aside from the NAS, there are also Navy Hospitals, and the National Air Guard that are stationed in Pensacola as well.
Tourism is another major source of income and revenue for the city. Between the interest in the NAS which attract the tourists, there are numerous festivals and events that are a major attraction as well. Pensacola is also active with convention centers for incoming business men and traders who descend on the Florida town to pitch to the military and the area's business.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Pensacola, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Pensacola Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Pensacola and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Pensacola, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The main crux of the Pensacola economy rests on the fact that the city is home to the country’s first and crucial Naval Air Station, commissioned in 1914. The Naval Air Station forms a significant stream of revenue of the city and for the state of Florida. The personal who live on base and the civilians who work for the installation create numerous support jobs and employment for a large section of Floridians and those living in and around Pensacola.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Pensacola, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Pensacola experiences a subtropical climate that is warm and humid throughout the year. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 75°F in April and 83° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 90°F in July. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 79° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 51° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Pensacola, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Pensacola, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Pensacola’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The original inhabitants of the area were a tribe called Pensacola. The tribe, along with other Muskegon-Speaking tribes shared different parts of the coastal land and sourced food from the shorelines as well as the rivers close by. When the Spanish arrived, they made note of the Creek People but not so much about the tribes that were eventually thought to have been named Pensacola.
Most of the tribes at the time were located around the Bottle Creek just west of Pensacola, close to Mobile. The first Europeans to arrive in the area were the Spanish, who set up settlement off the Bay of Ochuse, now Pensacola Bay. The Spanish settlement was led by expeditions by both Panfilo Narvaez and Hernando de Soto, in 1528 and 1539 respectively.
The next wave of settlements came with Tristan de Luna who landed in the Bay from Vera Cruz. The total company on this trip exceeded one thousand people who then set up an outpost, the de Luna Ochuse. The idea was to make this a stepping stone to continue the colonization effort inland.
Places to Eat Near Pensacola Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Pensacola, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- The Magnolia on E Cervantes St.: The Magnolia is an inexpensive alternative in Pensacola that serves a totally American menu for dinner between 5:00pm and 10.30pm. They serve popular items like Pulled Pork with Blue Cheese Slaw and have a wide variety of beers to go with the finger food. There is a private loft for convenient parking and there is free Wi-Fi.
- McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery on E Gregory St.: This is an Irish Pub that is crowded on a daily basis. The food here complements the full bar and includes meals and finger food that ranges from Egg Rolls to Ribs. They are open daily from 11am and close at midnight.
- The Hip Pocket Deli on Barrancas Ave.: This is a deli that specializes in big burgers and meatball subs. They open at 10am and close just after lunch at 2pm. They offer take out, which is the best option as the lunch hour is crowded. Prices are under ten bucks for a full meal.
- Global Grill on S Palafox Pl.: This place is only open for dinner and offers an American slant on Spanish tapas. The favorites here are the Lamb Lollipops and the Peppercorn Beef. They open from 5pm to 9pm. The weekends are especially crowded so make reservations if you are in a hurry.
- Taste of India on E Gregory St.: The lunch buffet here is one of the most popular in all of Pensacola. The a la carte menu is preferred for dinner. Try the Saag or the Korma Curry. There is also a vegetarian menu and the chefs will be able to prepare a vegan meal if needed.
Places to Go in Pensacola
Stepping out of your Pensacola, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Pensacola, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Pensacola, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Entertainment: The Pensacola Civic Center is a busy performing arts center that showcases high end performances throughout the year including visiting performances from nationally and internationally acclaimed shows.
- Museums: The National Museum of Naval Aviation located on the Pensacola Naval Air Station is worthy visit for those who are interest in the naval aviation history of the country. Dating back to the point t eh NAS was commissioned there is a century's worth of history and story to be seen and touched. From documents to hardware, the museum is a complete account of the Navy's role in American history.
- Parks: The Plaza Ferdinand VII is a garden and park set amidst historic downtown Pensacola on Palafox Street. It covers an area of about 90 thousand square feet and has a number of services in addition to the walking and jogging paths for the public.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Pensacola area including Gulf Breeze, Pensacola Naval Air Station, Fort Walton Beach.
Request a Quote