San Jose CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of San Jose, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
San Jose Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in San Jose and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in San Jose, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. San Jose is unofficially the capital of Silicon Valley, and is the center of education of highly competitive universities, including University of California, Santa Cruz; San Jose State University; University of California, Berkeley; San Francisco State University; Santa Clara University; and, Stanford University. These universities are the source of competitive employees who excel in the field of engineering and technology, making the city a key player in the field of engineering, computers and microprocessors.
San Jose consistently ranks well in median earnings in the entire United States. This is primarily to the higher concentration of startup companies and the existence of successful IT and hardware companies in the area. Academics are also a large industry in the area along with infrastructure and real estate.
To list prominent companies in San Jose would be exhaustive but needless to say, companies such as Adobe, eBay, Altera, HP, NetGear and Quantum are just some of the hi-tech companies that are in the area. Most of these companies have highly skilled work force and they earn some of the highest incomes in the country, resulting in San Jose being one of the top in terms of median income and also one of the highest in terms of cost of living.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your San Jose, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. San Jose has a Mediterranean climate influenced by its coastal proximity that manages its annual temperature variation between its mild spring stretching between 69°F in April to 74° in May. Summers warm up a little but do not get past 82° in July and August. Fall temperatures average a high of 74° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 42° in January. Winter is brief in December. Precipitation is fairly consistent throughout the year. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your San Jose, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in San Jose, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with San Jose’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Ohlone Native Americans were the first inhabitants in the area, before European settlement was established under the leadership of Father Junípero Serra, a Franciscan missioner, in 1769. During Spanish settlements, the city was named Pueblo de San Jose de Guadalupe and was established as a farming town in 1777. San Jose was under Mexican rule until the annexation of California. It was then incorporated as a city in 1850.
The status of San Jose as an agricultural community remained intact, with companies like Del Monte even having a canning plant here. The overlap of agriculture and industry soon shifted to mechanical industries taking hold in San Jose; and during WWII the US government contracted a plant to build Landing Vehicles. After the war, they continued to be a major defense contractor, supplying the DOD with vehicles like the Bradley and the M1 Abrams tank.
Places to Eat Near San Jose Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s San Jose, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Arcadia in W San Carlos St: Arcadia is an upscale and classy restaurant specializing in Modern American cuisine and steaks. This is a dressy and elegant place with beautiful interior. Food is pricy. They offer a full bar, valet parking and free Wi-Fi. Arcadia is a nice choice for formal dinners. Try the Lobster Corn Dogs and Pot Pie.
- SJ Omogari Korean Restaurant: It is an affordable place offering authentic Korean food. They serve classic delicacies in casual ambiance for a reasonable price. Wine and beer are available at the bar. Meat-Jun, Seafood Pancake and Spicy Pork are their popular dishes. They are closed on Sundays.
- Vung Tau Restaurant on E Santa Clara St: This is a pocket-friendly restaurant, which offers traditional Vietnamese cuisine. They accept reservations and credit cards, private lot parking is available and they have full bar. Try Tamarind Prawns and Fried Fish.
- Walia Ethiopian Cuisine on Business Cir: Walia is a decent restaurant where they provide classic Ethiopian, Gluten-Free food. It is a good place for family dinners in a casual ambiance where they provide an authentic dining experience at an affordable price. Alcoholic beverages are limited to beer and wine only. Try Veggie and Non-Veg Combo.
- Le Papillon on Saratoga Ave: It is a fine dining establishment serving French cuisine. This place is as pricey as it is classy. It is a popular choice for formal occasions. They have private lot parking and reservations are accepted here. Try Roasted Beef Tenderloin and Hamachi Tartar.
Things to do in San Jose
Stepping out of your San Jose, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting San Jose, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in San Jose, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Theater: The California Theater is located on South First Street. This place is elegant and rich in culture. It is a tourist attraction for magnificent interiors and opera house style atrium. There are live concerts, ballet performances and musical shows.
- Museum: The Tech Museum of Innovation is located on S Market St. This place is mostly for kids, wherein they can enjoy a lot of hands-on exhibits. They offer lot of floor programs for kids. Tickets are easily available at reasonable prices. Private parking is available.
- Park: San Jose Municipal Rose Garden is located at the intersection of Naglee Ave. and Dana Ave. This place is full of history and recently won “America’s Best Rose Garden” award. The entry is free and it is open seven days a week. It is an attraction for people who love natural scenery for photography.
Request a Quote