Summerville SC Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Summerville, SC corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Summerville Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Summerville and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Summerville, SC for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Summerville is a fairly quiet town when compared with other bustling metropolises of the south. It has been voted as one of the best places to retire by Money Magazine. And, indeed the community is one that is aging. Businesses here are typically set up to serve the residential community and other small B2B companies. There is some economy founded on the healthcare sector, as well as retail services, food and maintenance. The economy is fairly stable with little growth to speak of, but whatever little they have, is marked by consistency. The economy is resilient to the swings of the rest of the country. With the arrival of the local Wal-Mart Super center, a number of local stores were forced to shutter their business because they were not able to compete with Wal-Mart’s pricing.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Summerville, SC furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. The climate in Summerville is warm in the summer, reaching a high of 91°F in July. Summer temperatures vary between 70 and 90, then taper off to a cooler 55 to 70 degrees in the fall. Winter stretches across December thru February, with the highs barely in the 60s but the lows dipping down as low as 38°F in January. There is hardly any snow that accumulates here but summertime precipitation is highest between June and September. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Summerville, SC corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Summerville, SC corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Summerville’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Summerville dates its history back to the Revolutionary War when it was still known as Pineland Village. Charles Towne landowners vacationed here to get away from the annual insect swells and swamp fever. The air and temperature here has been well documented as a good place for those with lung conditions to convalesce. In 1847, Summerville officially was granted status as a town. They passed a law that year that restricted felling trees of a certain size. Till today, the Motto of the town reads "The Pine is Sacred". Many believe it is the trees that keep the air here clean and able to nurse those with respiratory problems back to health.
Places to Eat Near Summerville Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Summerville, SC furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Pagoda Chinese Restaurant on Bacon's Bridge Rd: A simple Chinese menu. Tasty food is fresh, and recipes are almost authentic. The service is good. Try the noodles, they are fried with a special sauce.
- Allesandra's Italian Eaterie on Central Ave.: A perfectly calm atmosphere amidst dining that is designed to please the palette. The place is crowded on the weekends, and for good reason. Everyone is friendly and up for a great time. Have a feast, while you savor the fresh pastas and fried calamari. Try the Calamari Fritti.
- Taste of India on Savannah Hwy: The portions are generous and the services are fair. Try the vegetarian menu with fragrant rice. The chicken comes in a variety of recipes. From spicy to mild and from curry to fried. The Indian breads really are something else, and if you've never enjoyed authentic Indian food, this would be a great start.
- The Red Pepper on Main St: A place in town to get fairly good pizza. There is also pasta, wine and almost anything Italian you can think off. The pasta sauce here is what you would find in a typical Italian restaurant. There's a hint of olive oil, meats, cheeses and herbs as you walk in the door, just like a regular pizza parlour.
- Philly's on Ladson Rd: A tasty sandwich filled with fresh meats and cheese. The vegetables are fresh as is the bread. For those times when you just want to grab a sandwich and want value for your money, this place fits the bill.
Things to do in Summerville
Stepping out of your Summerville, SC temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Summerville, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Summerville, SC that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The Summerville Dorchester Museum has a range of activity throughout the year, including plays and musicals. The core, however, is the exhibits that are purposed to illuminate visitors to the history of the city and the state in general. It's very location celebrates the history of the town being in the historic district.
- Performing Arts: The Flowertown Players are a fabulous little local group who put on plays and skits that will thrill and amuse you. Everything from Broadway's “Rent” to Travolta's “Grease” is staged here and done in fine style.
- Malls: You will most likely find whatever you need at the Summerville Galleria on Bacon's Bridge Rd. You will find stores like Dollar General and some convenience stores like Hertz Renta Car and H&R Block for tax services. For retail items, there is a Wal-Mart Supercenter in town, on Dorchester Rd.
- Golf: The Summerville Country Club has more than just golf. The golf, however, is the centerpiece of the facility. The 18-hole course is beautifully landscaped and elegantly designed. The Mn's Blue adds up to just over 6000 yards and rates 69, providing adequate challenge for all levels.
- Parks and Recreation: There are a number of parks in Summerville like the Azalea Park on 5th St South. This park spreads across 12 acres of rolling South Carolina hills. At just 12 -acres, it’s considers cozy and suitable for daily bike rides around the park or even walks across it. The trails aren't very long and will satisfy a short workout. It has comfortable picnic facilities.
Request a Quote