The best places to eat in Davenport are not immediately obvious to newcomers, so we’ve put together a list of restaurants to help you sample some of the best bites in town. There are a number of places that would be glad to deliver to your furnished apartment in Davenport.
- Duck City Bistro: Is a big city restaurant with small town friendly service. The best of both worlds presented here in Davenport and cherished by the townspeople as one of the best places to have dinner. While you’re here, and in fact, you should make a special trip just for it, try the Bone-in Prime Rib Chop or the Horseradish Crusted Salmon. That’s just for the main menu. If you’re here to have a drink, then try the East Coast Crab Cakes or the Charbroiled Filet of Beef Tips.
- The Machine Shed: If you need a place to go to for breakfast, on your way to work or on the weekend, you will definitely want to give this place a shot. Nothing starts a day like a really great breakfast which is what you are going to get here. If it’s something sweet, the Carrot Cake Pancakes are delicious, the Blueberry Pancakes are divine and the Giant Homemade Waffle is golden brown and delectable. If you really have a sweet tooth, try the Cinnamon French Toast. But if you are a meat and potatoes kind of person, then it’s going to have to be the Cattleman’s Breakfast. By the way, they also have a lunch and dinner menu that is just as good.
- Front Street Brewery: Steeped in history, you can almost hear the walls whisper and the floor rattle. The beer here comes from that history and you can tell that the secret works. They serve some of the best Pilsners; ask for the Brewmaster’s Special, it will bring a long lasting smile to your face. As for the food, the menu is full of really great food. The Slow Roasted BBQ Pork Nachos for instance are a definite pleaser. The Hawg Wild Wings are another option you simply must try.
- Wise Guy’s Pizza: They have both delivery and carry-out services. So anytime you’re in a rush, this place is just the place for you. The pizzas here are traditional pizzas but it doesn’t just stop at delicious pies. They have the typical items like sandwiches and pastas, ranging from an Italian Meatball Sandwich to Spaghetti Marinara and even Manicotti Ricotta. And it doesn’t end there. The fried chicken here is something to write home about. There is a 4 piece chicken dinner that is flavored and fried so well that it would be better to take this home and devour it in front of the TV in your Davenport corporate apartment.
- Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop: Interesting sandwiches served in a friendly atmosphere. The combinations that go into building the sandwiches are one of the most interesting things about this place. The SlawBeJoe for instance is a Roast Beef sandwich with Provolone Cheese, Russian dressing and Cole Slaw.