The one thing that is in endless supply when you hang your hat in Silver Spring, is the number of places where you can enjoy good food. You’ll be spoiled for selection as far as cuisine, quality, taste and convenience. From fast food, to diners, to five star cuisine, it is never more than 20-30 minutes away from wherever you are in Silver Springs. Among the many restaurants in Silver Springs, here are some favorites.
- De Marcos Ristorante Italiano on Colesville Rd.: This is a family run Italian restaurant. That description alone should be enough to convey how delectable and sumptuous the homemade pastas and desserts are at this place. They have a well stocked bar as well, with domestic and imported beer and a pretty good selection of wines to go with the pasta, pizza and meats.
- Planet Bollywood on Colesville Rd.: If you are in the mood for a little heat, this Indian restaurant will certainly spice it up for you. If you’re not too certain about the menu, try this, go with the Mulligatawny Soup, followed by the Crab Malabar, Lamb Biryani and top it off with Mango Lassi. The thing about Indian restaurants is that you can customize the heat, so make sure to tell your server just how much zing you want.
- Galaxy Billiard Cafe on Colesville Rd.: Just a little further up from Planet Bollywood and Demarcos, across from the Majestic Theatre, is this little place that’s open late every day. I found it great for one of two things, getting a late snack when almost everything else is done for the day, or for catching the game and letting it hang after a long day. The billiards here go well with the wings, as it should and the beer on tap is always perfectly chilled.
- Crisfield Seafood Restaurant on Georgia Avenue: Being so close to D.C. would make you sometimes forget that you are actually in Maryland and that means the seafood here is almost a birthright. One such place where you can get your catch, is the Crisfield. The food is prepared daily, as it has been for almost seventy years, in this family owned and operated gem. The portions are huge and tastefully prepared.
- Caribou Coffee on East West Highway: Whatever city you put up at, its natural to want to know where the best place to get coffee is, besides your kitchenette. Well this is it. Caribou Coffee is one of the better places in the D.C area, and certainly in Silver Springs, is this place. If you’re stopping here in the morning before you head on to work, or if you need a midday pick-me-up or deli snack, this would be your best bet.
There are just too many more that you can find around Silver Springs to satisfy your appetite, but this list is just meant to get you started. There is a wide variety of food ranging from ethnic to relaxed and they are spotted around the theatre district, so you can pop in for a bite after a show. There are more than a few places that will also deliver whatever is on the menu to you at your Silver Springs furnished apartment.