Akron Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Take a break from the typical extended stay hotels and experience Akron corporate housing by Almost Home. We specialize in giving our clients exactly what they are needing in terms of amenities and budget compliance. Our spacious one, two, and three bedroom Akron furnished apartments will leave you feeling almost at home.
Take a few moments to familiarize yourself with this medium size town that still has much to offer.
Akron corporate housing clients can expect wide varieties in climate. The climate in Akron is warm in the summer, reaching a high of 82°F in July. Summer temperatures vary between 60 and 82, then taper off to a cooler 47 to 60 degrees in the fall. Winter stretches over November to March when highs barely hit the 50s but with lows dipping as low as 19°F in January. January sees the most snow, while July sees the most rain.
Clients of furnished apartments in Akron will find a very robust economy. Akron's economy is based largely on the Polymer Valley Industrial corridor. Rubber-based industries make up the largest single industry in the city. This industry gave rise to companies such as Goodyear Tire, Firestone and Goodrich, making this the unofficial Rubber Capital of the world. This industry is one of the founding wealth producers of Akron area since the late 19th century. The city has now expanded its economic base to include a number of other Fortune 500 companies representing other industries: First Merit Bank, GOJO Industries and Firstenergy.
Akron's history can be categorized into four distinct periods. The first is the early period during Paul Williams settlement of 1811. The second is during the late 19th century when there was an influx of residents when the University of Akron was established. The third phase began with the booming automobile industry and the expansion of Akron's rubber industry that followed it. The fourth period is the present time with Akron spearheading its way into new technologies in material sciences. Akron corporate housing is relatively new to the area but serves these new industries well by providing for the temporary housing needs of relocating workers.
Places to Eat in Akron
Furnished apartments always come with completely fully equipped kitchens, making dining in your own cozy place very easy. However, if you wish to dine out, here are some suggested local places that Almost Home recommends.
- El Rancho Mexican Restaurant on Exchange St: The El Rancho is a superb Mexican restaurant. Try the Carnitas Plate with pico de gallo and guacamole.
- D'Agnese's Trattoria and Cafe on White Pond Drive: This is a simple, authentic Italian restaurant where you can sit amidst comfortable decor and familiar aromas. The lunch menu is filled with things like Fried Calamari, Antipasto and Grilled Chicken Salad.
- Diamond Deli on S Main St: This is a great place to grab a quick bite for lunch. If you like New York style subs, then the Pastrami on Rye is something you will enjoy. Corned Beef on Rye is also a frequently chosen selection.
- Wasabi House on Montrose Ave West: Dining here makes Japanese cuisine a fabulous experience. There is tremendous variety, amazing selection of sushi and sashimi.
Things to do in Akron OH
- Museums: Visit places like the Akron Art Museum on S High St or the Akron Fossils & Science Center on S Cleveland St. Getting a firsthand view of fossils and artifacts from the cretaceous period and beyond is an amazing experience to be enjoyed here.
- Performing Arts: The E J Thomas Performing Arts Hall on Hill St provides an eclectic array of performances throughout the year. The Akron Symphony performs Holiday Classics in December. There is also the Akron Civic Theater that dates back to 1929. It is designed with Moorish features and remains one of the architectural masterpieces of Akron even today.
- Malls: There are two malls in town. The first, Summit Mall on W Market St, is north of the city while Chapel Hill Mall on Brittain Rd is further south. Both offer regional and national chain stores and national brands, movie theaters and eateries. Perhaps you could find a few knickknacks to enjoy in your furnished Akron corporate apartment.
- Golf: There are more than just a few courses you might enjoy within the Akron area. The first one is the Chenoweth Golf Course on Chenoweth Road and then there is the Firestone Country Club on East Warner Rd.
- Parks and Recreation: For some quiet time, you will appreciate the Goodyear Heights Metro Park on Newton St. or Sand Run Metro Park on Sand Run Road. There is also the Hardesty Park. All these parks offer jogging trails and playgrounds. There is ample parking for visitors.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Akron area including Stow, Fairlawn, Barberton, Mogadore.
Request a Quote