Baltimore Corporate Housing – First Time in the AreaWe wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Baltimore and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Getting to Know BaltimoreBeing a temporary resident in a Baltimore furnished apartment need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider.Baltimore enjoys a rich and diverse history dating back to even before 1776 and this, along with its proximity to Washington D.C make tourism one of the largest industries in the area. Add to this, there are a number of universities within the greater Baltimore area including Baltimore International College, Johns Hopkins University, Loyola University Maryland, Maryland Institute College of Art, St. Mary’s Seminary and University, Notre Dame of Maryland University, The Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University, Sojourner–Douglass College, Baltimore City Community College, Coppin State University, Morgan State University, University of Baltimore, and the University of Maryland.
Places to Eat Near Baltimore Corporate HousingAll of Almost Home’s Baltimore corporate apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Stoko’s Pizza on Hartford Rd.: There is something else that you are going to absolutely love while you’re here. The pizzas in this town are just going to change your pie-loving experience and no other pie, on either coast, is ever going to live up to your newfound appreciation after this. Even if you’re from Chicago, you’re still going to love the deep dish pizza here.
- The Cheesecake Factory on E Pratt St.: This is a regional chain that is well worth patronizing. The food is not limited to just cheesecakes although the cheesecakes here are divine. There are numerous flavors, from chocolate bar cheesecake to mango key lime. But beyond that there are appetizers that a simply luscious, pizzas that are outrageously mouthwatering and steaks that are scintillatingly hearty.
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse on E Pratt St.: It’s all about beef here. Prime Angus Beef that wins awards is served here, cook over open wood-fire. Take a look at the dinner menu and you will be absolutely overwhelmed with the various inviting choices. Appetizers starting with Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail to Shrimp and Lobster Bisque and French Onion Soup.
Things to do in BaltimoreStepping out of your Baltimore temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museums: There are a number of museums in Baltimore, aside from the Peale Museum, that you should take the effort to visit while you are here. The first on the list is the Walters Art Museum on N Charles St. There is also the Baltimore Museum of Art on Art Museum Dr. Then there is the Maryland Science Center and Port Discovery Children’s Museum.
- Performing Arts: There is a lot of culture to enjoy in, especially amidst the various performing arts theaters in town. There will always be entertainment for you to enjoy here, and to appreciate you temporary home. To get to know this place, take in shows at Center Stage on N Calvert St. Hippodrome Theatre on N Eutaw St. The Lyric Opera House on W Mt Royal Ave and Baltimore Theater Project on W Preston St.
- Malls: If you need all your shops located in one place, like in a mall, then head over to Mondawmin Mall on Liberty Heights Ave. The major mall in Baltimore is Gallery at Harbor Place on E Pratt St. All the national brands from are represented here.