Birmingham Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home Corporate Housing – Birmingham AL
We serve Birmingham, AL and Suburbs including: Downtown Birmingham, Mountain Brook, Homewood, Hoover, Hueytown, Alabaster, Leeds.
It is the largest city in Alabama and it is the county seat of Jefferson County. Whenever you have some free time, get out of your Almost Home furnished apartment in Birmingham and meet the locals. While you’re staying in your Birmingham corporate housing, make it a point to understand the city through its food, its performances, its art and its people. That’s how memories are made, history is understood and appreciation is fostered. The weather here is glorious for most parts of the year. Highs are reached in July, with averages around 90°F, but have hit record highs of 106°F. The temperature hovers in the 80s from May to September then drops to around 60s in October and falling to the 50s in November through February. In the winter, the lows can drop to the low 30s.
Birmingham’s economy has been, and still remains in part today, in steel. Some of the major employers in the region are U.S. Steel and Nucor and American Cast Iron Pipe Company and Mc Wane. But it’s not just steel. There is banking and finance, as well as telecommunications and insurance. There are also two bottling plants, one for Coca Cola and the other for Pepsi, which are located in Birmingham.
Five Birmingham Corporate Housing Areas to Consider
If you decide to live in Birmingham corporate housing, you won’t regret it for a moment. Because whether you are simply passing through on business, or relocating to the city permanently, Birmingham furnished apartments allow you the option of living in different neighborhoods and suburbs on a short term basis before committing to a more permanent housing solution. Corporate housing can be leased for as little as thirty days or as long as several years. It is rented at a flat rate that includes all rent, furniture, housewares, linens and utilities including local telephone and basic cable. If you are looking for Birmingham corporate housing, here are five areas of the city that you may want to consider:
Living in Birmingham corporate housing means having the free time to explore the city and surrounding countryside. Almost Home USA has a friendly support staff on hand to ensure that your stay is worry free. Not having to manage every minor detail of apartment life means that you will have more leisure time to explore Birmingham. If you are relocating to Birmingham, this will lead to a more informed decision when it comes time to settle into a long term lease or mortgage. Choosing to live in Birmingham is an easy decision. Deciding which neighborhood or suburb to live in should be the most difficult part of your stay.
- Mountain Brook: Mountain Brook is a peaceful, affluent city that has a country club and many community activities. If you love the quieter side, come to Mountain Brook corporate housing.
- Forest Park: Forest Park is a historic district with varied architecture and a lot of southern charm. If you like corporate housing with character, try Forest Park.
- Highland Park: Located just a few miles southeast from city center, Highland Park is known for its excellent golf course. For the corporate traveler who loves to golf, there is a Highland Park furnished apartment.
- Greystone: Greystone is a master planned community that centers around a country club and a golf course. The development is newer but the construction is still solidly made. Greystone corporate housing is an excellent choice while you look for a permanent home in Birmingham.
- Liberty Park: Liberty Park is another master planned community. With an excellent school system, as well as many parks and a lake to fish in, Liberty Park furnished apartments are an excellent place to bring a family.
Dining in Birmingham
There are tons of places to have a meal in this town. The list below is by no means complete. But it will get you started and fed when you first get here. There are also a number of take-out and delivery places, typical of any major city. It will also depend on the location of your corporate apartment in Birmingham.
- Bottega Cafe: From the flames that erupt in the kitchen while the chefs sauté and create, to the clanking of cocktail glasses and the chatter of happy patrons as they savor the day's meals, this place is full of life. The pizza is here is intoxicating with flavor. Try the Lamb Sausage with feta and hummus or the Spicy Greens. The Sandwiches are also enticing, especially the Bottega Burger.
- Trattoria Centrale: This amazing restaurant is a casual, fun and sometimes funky place to grab a bite. The wine here is reasonably priced and delicious. The pastas are fresh and seasoned brilliantly while the salads are refreshing. The pizzas are delectable and the breakfast pastries in the morning are divine. Whether you stop in for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or perhaps just drinks, be prepared to have some fun.
- Gus's Hot Dogs: Everyone is headed there. It’s one of the best hot dogs you will ever find in the city. You can even get here for breakfast and start your day off right. The dogs come on delicious rolls and the bacon is done to perfection. The burgers here are great too. Besides the food you will also enjoy the friendly atmosphere that this place is famous for.
- Gianmarco's Restaurant: This is an upscale Italian restaurant that is mixed with the charm the south so generously showers on their patrons. Combined with this hospitality, the flavors and presentation make for a wonderful experience. The restaurant specializes in the old world tastes and textures of simple food. From culinary masterpieces of the Italian peninsula to the ingredients of the southern United States the outcome is simply dazzling.
- Pacific Rim Sushi: Finding a good sushi place is hard enough, finding a great one, is nothing short of difficult. And when you get it right, it’s a miracle. This place got it right! The Tuna Moon River appetizer is a spectacular dish that tantalizes the senses. The Gyoza, on the other hand, is spicy but not overwhelming. The Hamachi Kama is Yellowtail that is seasoned lightly, enough to give taste, but not enough to rob the flavor of the fish. Everything here is so well prepared, presented and balanced. If you have a good appetite, try the Teriyaki and Filet Mignon Combo.
Things to Do While in Birmingham Temporary Housing
- Museums: Understanding a town as diverse and complex as Birmingham can only be done when you begin with understanding its past. To do that, visit one of the many museums in town. You can start with the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. There is also the Southern Museum of Flight. There is a lot of aviation history that ties in with Alabama's history and that is on display here. There is also the Birmingham Museum of Art.
- Malls: There are at least three major malls in the immediate Birmingham area. The Summithas almost everything you can think of. Besides shops there are numerous places to grab a good bite. There is California Pizza Kitchen, Zoes Kitchen and Flip Burger Boutique just to name a few. There is also Colonial Brookwood Village. This is a really nice place to hang out and get a few things done. Everything from Victoria Secret to Applebee's is here and it's easy to get to as well.
- Performing Arts Centers: The Alys Robinson Stephens Performing Arts Center is a true cultural center that you can rely on to get a good beat of the city. Understanding the culture and the rhythm of a society will give you insight into its people. But it’s not just local talent that is showcased here. Even international artists grace the stage to a very eclectic audience. The Alabama Theater is also a great place to enjoy performances. It's located downtown and caters to diverse taste, so check out their program which changes frequently. The Birmingham Festival Theater has a number of notable performances each year. Take the time to check out what they have to offer.
- Parks and Recreation: There are a number of parks in the city that will provide a refreshing break for city life. They also provide a great way to work out and get a sweat going. A number of the parks also have facilities that you could take advantage of. The Botanical Gardens for instance, has a wide array of plants from the area, numbering almost 12,000. It is worth the visit to its 67.5 acres. In the park you will find the country's largest horticultural library. It is open daily and is free. The Vulcan Trail is home to the largest cast iron statue in the world, standing 56 feet tall. It was designed by Giuseppe Moretti in 1904.
Request a Quote