Bridgeport CT Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Bridgeport, CT corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Bridgeport Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Bridgeport and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Bridgeport, CT for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Bridgeport is in a state of transition from a purely trade and manufacturing economy, which has been its main economic driver, to an economy that is adding importance to the services industry. The diversification helps propel the city into the 21st century’s growth areas. Logistics is also an important growth area with its natural deep-sea port, intricate network of railroads and intersections of major highways that give it deep access into the New England.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Bridgeport, CT furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Bridgeport is warm in the summer, cool in the spring and fall, and temperate in the winter, due to the effects of the coast. Spring temperatures range between lows of 41°F in April, and highs of 68°F in May. Summer ranges between lows of 60°F in June thru September, to Highs of 82° in July. Winter stretches between December and March with lows dipping down to 23°F in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Bridgeport, CT corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Bridgeport, CT corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Bridgeport’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The Pequonnock tribe, a subset of the Paugussett tribe, was the original inhabitants of the Bridgeport area where the river meets the sea. European settlers arrived between 1639 and 1665 and the area was named Newfield in the late 18th century. Population growth took place, pushing the city further inland. Because of its port, Bridgeport was the center of privateering activities during the American Revolution.
Newfield village became Bridgeport town in 1800, then grew to officially become a city in 1836. The early activities in Bridgeport were fishing and agriculture. There were farms cultivating corn and other vegetables. As the city advanced, shipbuilding became an industry. This further expanded in the later part of the 19th century making Bridgeport a manufacturing center. Whaling was also a major industry here as boats would sail out past Long Island in the fall to capture whales heading south for the winter.
Places to Eat Near Bridgeport Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Bridgeport, CT furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Ralph 'n' Rich's on Main St: A favorite among the downtown crowd. Favorites here include the grilled chicken and the seafood bar. The seafood bar has a wide variety including the raw setting of shellfish. The service is prompt and the staff is well trained. The dessert menu offers a number of varieties.
- O'Manel Restaurant on Main St: O'Manel serves top quality seafood in a pleasant atmosphere. The wine selection matches the menu. Prices are fair with good portions and an appetizing environment. The Kale and Sausage soup here is popular as well as the paellas. The Portuguese flavors of seafood here is an exotic experience.
- Taberna Restaurant on Madison Ave: Taberna serves a wide selection of tapas and pizzas. Its a cross between Italian and Spanish dishes. The menu is creative and the focus is on the flavor of the dishes. Service is friendly and prompt. Meals are allowed at the bar and the bartenders are accommodating with cocktails.
- Two Boots on Fairfield Ave: A comfortable environment that specializes in pizza and beer. There are a number of choices on tap. The favorites are served all year, while some of the seasonal ones rotate the menu. The crowds here are loud as it gets later as the restaurant evolves with the night. Get there early. Wait staff are well trained and very friendly.
- Vazzy's on Broadbridge Rd: Vazzy's has a strong appetizer menu that goes well with the drinks. Their Sunday lunch has an ardent following judging by the crowds that descend on the place. The service is a focal point of the restaurant, and the kitchen stays open late.
Things to do in Bridgeport
Stepping out of your Bridgeport, CT temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Bridgeport, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Bridgeport, CT that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: Discovery Museum and Planetarium on Park Ave offers the opportunity to interact with the exhibits. There is also a planetarium and other space related exhibits focusing on astronomy, physics and mechanics. The facilities are a little on the older side of things, but most things work and the selection is good.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Klein has an excellent reputation for showcasing some of the finest performances in town. With entertainers like the Cherry Poppin Daddies, B.B king and the Greater Bridgeport Symphony and the New England Ballet Company, The Klein brings musical experiences from all over the country to the Bridgeport area.
- Shopping: The closest mall to the Bridgeport area is the Westfield Trumbull Mall on Main St in Trumbull. There are numerous retail stores including Bath and Body Works as well as Banana Republic and even Brookstone. Lord and Taylors, LA Fitness, Target, JCPenney and Macy's anchors the Trumbull Mall.
- Golf: The Fairchild Wheeler Golf Club on Easton Turnpike in Fairfield has two 18-hole courses, the Black and the Red. The par 71 Black plays 6559 yards from the championship tees while the par 72 Red Course plays 6568 yards. The courses rate 71.5 and 71.0 respectively.
- Parks and Recreation: From the numerous parks and recreation facilities maintained by the State and private entities, Seaside Park on Barnum Dyke is a local favorite. The beach here is clean and well maintained. The water is cool in the summer with calm waves, since it is blocked by Long Island. The sand is fine and is great for beach games. Security is good since it is patrolled by Bridgeport Police.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Bridgeport area including Stamford, New Haven, Danbury, Shelton, Meriden, Trumbull, Stratford, Norwalk, Hamden, Nagatuck, East Haven, New Britain, West Haven, Cheshire, Waterbury.
Request a Quote