Almost Home offers a wide variety of Cambridge, MA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Cambridge, MA Corporate Housing – First Time in the AreaWe wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Cambridge and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. We suggest you take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Getting to Know CambridgeIf you don’t already know it, you’re about to set foot in one of the smartest places in the country when you head to Cambridge, MA. Two of America’s finest institutions of higher learning line the Charles River in Cambridge. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, otherwise known as MIT, and Harvard University. The population that resides within the Cambridge area, north of Boston, are predominantly related to the two universities in one way or another. Just having your corporate housing in Cambridge is enough to make you feel good about yourself. Considering its illustrious academic setting, it is then possible to see that the business in and around Cambridge are derivations and extensions of research and advances of these two universities. MIT and Harvard, both support incubator programs that give rise to technology and biotechnology companies. Unemployment in Cambridge is at about 4.9% and falling, compared to Boston’s 7.6%. The largest two employers in town are Harvard and MIT, followed by companies like Genzyme, Biogen Pfizer and Novartis, in no particular order. The talent and the incubation in the area seems to also be increasing the job market growth that keeps its pace annually.Places to Eat Near Cambridge Corporate HousingAll of Almost Home’s Cambridge, MA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. Give the following restaurants a try:In comparison to the larger cities in Massachusetts and in other neighboring states, Cambridge is a fairly cozy city with residents related to Harvard University or MIT in one way or another. The number of restaurants and conveniences in the city are fairly advanced and complete. Boston which is a few miles south and together with Cambridge is also another college city, with U Mass and Boston University all close by.
- Harvest Restaurant on Brattle St.: This restaurant is one of the finest upscale restaurants in the state. From towering international chefs that start in these kitchens, to the ambiance created by illustrious patrons, the atmosphere is enough to elevate any occasion, be it a client meeting, a wedding anniversary or even if you are planning to propose to your childhood sweetheart. The only thing that can match the grandeur here, is the pleasure experienced by the palette. The chefs here create some of the finest tastes anywhere in the world.
- Chez Henri on Shepard St.: A superb culinary experience awaits you, tinged with French influences within the menu, served in an exquisite setting that deserves nothing less than seven stars for its service, decor, and ambiance. The wine list won’t disappoint the typical connoisseur while the menu that is filled with Ceviche Mixta appetisers and Swordfish dishes and Paella courses topped off with the likes of Pumpkin Bread Pudding will excite the passions of the evening. Take your time with dinner when you’re here, and savor the tastes you will begin to associate with Cambridge.
- Hana Sushi on Massachusetts Ave.: Some of the most able Teppanyaki and Sushi chefs prepare delectable Japanese delights according to age-old recipes and practices. If you like to watch chefs preparing sushi, then make sure you sit at the sushi bar to enjoy a really amazing display of skill and accuracy. While you’re here make sure you try the Tuna Tataki, and the Hana Tostada. You won’t regret it. This might also be a good place for you to bring clients for lunch or dinner.
Things to do in CambridgeA trip out on the town out from your Cambridge, MA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.There is undoubtedly a lot to do here in Cambridge. The obvious ones are visiting Harvard and MIT. You can also purchase souvenirs at The Coop (Harvard’s Bookstore) that’s located on Harvard Square, specifically at the corner of Brattle and Palmer St., which is a really neat place to hang out on a Saturday afternoon. If you have the time, get a guided tour to Widener Library in Harvard Yard. It is the second largest library facility in the U.S. after the Library of Congress.
- Museums: There are a number of museums in Cambridge that you should take the effort to visit while you are here. The first on the list is the MIT Museum on Massachusetts Ave. Lots of things to explore and learn while you’re here. There is also the Harvard Art Museum on Broadway. There are some amazing collections that pass through here in addition to the resident displays. Then there is the Harvard Museum of Natural History on Oxford St and Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.
- Performing Arts: There is a lot of culture to enjoy within the small, cramped space of Cambridge, especially amidst the various performing arts theaters and shows within the Harvard perimeter. There will always be some form of cultural or historical piece of entertainment for you to enjoy here, and to appreciate your temporary home in Cambridge. To get to know this place, take in shows at the Cambridge Performing Arts Center on Cambridge St., Loeb Drama Center on Brattle St. The ImprovBoston on Prospect St and Sanders Theater on Quincy St.
- Malls: The one thing you will quickly learn during your time here is that there is no shortage of shops in Cambridge. If you need them all located in one place then head over to Cambridge Side Galleria on Cambridgeside Pl. The major mall in Cambridge is Porter Square Galleria on Porter Rd. There is also Fresh Pond Mall on Concord Ave. These are all anchors of the town as far as malls go. All the national brands from we represented and are here, especially in Cambridge Side, and off course there are sufficient ancillary food and entertainment outlets here as well.