Chapel Hill NC Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
With a population of just over 50,000, Chapel Hill has a nice balance between being large enough to offer a wide variety of choices in dining, entertainment, and shopping while at the same time maintaining a distinct small-town feel. And when it comes to dining, Chapel Hill takes no back seat to any larger town. It is rapidly becoming a go-to place for excellent cuisine, even being recommended in Bon Appetit magazine. Chapel Hill corporate housing residents would do well to take advantage these excellent dining options.
If your Chapel Hill furnished apartment happens to be anywhere near downtown, you cannot resist taking a walk through the small-town-feel downtown area. Large murals painted on numerous buildings by a local artist add to the small-town feel. Also, if you are in town at the right time of the year, you could enjoy the annual street fair put on by the town and Festifall in October.
Almost Home offers a large variety of Chapel Hill, NC corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your chosen area of the city.
Chapel Hill Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Chapel Hill and therefore provide the following informative summary of various facets of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the information of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Chapel Hill, NC for business reasons might appreciate some description about the city’s business potential. Chapel Hill's economy is driven primarily by the University's presence. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a high ranking university and is heavily involved in research and development. The first area of the economy that benefits from the University is the aspect of students, faculty and staff that live in the area and create an economy for a large number of vendors. From groceries to living services, all rely on the existence of the university.
The second aspect of the University and the economic engine that is derived from it is the research and technology park that is situated in the area. It happens to be the oldest and longest technology park in existence. Numerous students and research professionals are engaged in the functioning and development of various technologies that spring up from the research that is done here and in the labs of the university.
Knowing what wardrobe to bring with you to your Chapel Hill furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Chapel Hill experiences a comfortable spring with temperatures ranging between 62°F and 78°. Summers are characterized by temperatures reaching 89° in July and can be humid which results in a warmer feel. Fall averages 81° in September and cools down to lows of 47° in October. Winter stretches from December to February. So, be sure to dress right and then break out of your Chapel Hill, NC corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a resident in Chapel Hill corporate housing need not force you to feel like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Chapel Hill’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Chapel Hill grew because of, and around, the University of North Carolina which was planned as the first University in North Carolina. It was a town that, if not for the University of North Carolina, would not have existed. One of the earliest settlers here, William Barbee received the area around present day Chapel Hill - Durham from the Earl of Granville in the form of a grant. Charles, one of William's sons, donated part of the family's land for the purpose of erecting the University.
The town, which sits perched on a hill, was the site of an Anglican chapel, the New Hope Chapel. Today, it is the site of an Inn. Benjamin Franklin posed a significant influence on this town, so much so, the main street in Chapel Hill is name Franklin Street, in his honor.
Places to Eat Near Chapel Hill Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Chapel Hill, NC furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Lantern on West Franklin St: Lantern is an Asian fusion restaurant that has a full bar and focuses on both those who come primarily for the bar and the ones who come primarily to dine. The crowds here are well dressed to fit in to the upscale environment. The food is well prepared and on the expensive side of things. Parking is convenient especially if you use the valet.
- Mint on W Franklin St: Mint is an Indian restaurant that offers spicy Indian delicacies in an atmosphere of polished and classy dining. There is a full bar that serves an array of cocktails and spirits, both domestic and foreign. Waiters are well trained and service is prompt. The Chicken Tikka Masala is a local favorite, while the lunch buffet is good value.
- Bin Fifty Four in the Glen Lennox Shopping Center: Bin Fifty-Four is a traditional steakhouse. Prices are above average and the decor is upscale. It works well as a venue for a romantic dinner and as an evening out with colleagues. The dessert menu is popular, especially the Chocolate Mousse Cake.
- Mediterranean Deli on W Franklin St.: An inexpensive place to grab a lunch sandwich or Pita Bread. There is no dress code, but the place is filled with people in office attire during the day and casually, in the evening. They entertain take-out orders and they also do delivery. The outdoor seating is popular in the cooler months.
- One Restaurant on Meadowmont Village Cir: A slightly upscale restaurant that has a full bar specializing in inventive martinis. Dining is as entertaining as it is sumptuous with good food prepared by chefs on display behind a glass wall. Evenings are filled with trendy diners in a casual setting.
Things to do in Chapel Hill
Stepping out of your Chapel Hill, NC temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Chapel Hill, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Chapel Hill, NC that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Ackland art Museum on located within The University of North Carolina's campus showcases priceless, rare and unique art from around the world. The exhibits are designed to display the artistic talents of humanity spread across 17,000 different works of art. Admission is free.
- Theater: The Play Makers Repertory Company are well known for their fresh look at classical performances. They are a suitable alternative to an evening out with the family or mixed company. In recent seasons, they have brought to live works of Shakespeare, Tennessee Williams and Tony Kushner, just to name a few.
- Golf: The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club is a Davis Love III design is part of an Audubon Certified Sanctuary and voted as one of Golfweek Magazine's Top 40 in the nation. The Love Tee plays 7,107 yards for a 74.7 rating across rolling hills and heavily wooded surrounding.
- Parks: The Meadowmont Park on Meadowmont Lanez is open from dawn to dusk and has basketball courts available for rent. There are two athletic fields, a pond and picnic shelters. There are a lso numerous grassy trails that allow walking and jogging.
Request a Quote