Columbus Regional Hospital is also one of the largest employers in the area providing a large area within the city and just outside, with medical care. The economy is also boosted by the presence of NTN Driveshaft, Inc., a company that supplies parts design aid to Cummins and other companies outside of Columbus.The city is also home to headquarters of Japanese driveshaft manufacturer NTN, auto emission control and exhaust systems maker Faurecia, and Dorel Juvenile Group makes child safety seats and handles R&D in Columbus.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Columbus, IN furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Columbus, Indiana has a humid continental climate with hot summers and no dry season. Spring starts at 52 ºF in March to 74 ºF in May. The temperature increases at 86 ºF in summer of July. It drops in fall of October at 67 ºF in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Columbus, IN corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Columbus, IN corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Columbus’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.In 1820, General John Tipton and Luke Bonesteel bought the land that no encompasses the area in and surrounding present day Columbus. General Tipton build a log cabin on what is now called Mt Tipton, a hit overlooking the White River. The town that later sprang form there was named Tiptona in his honor.In 1821 the name was changed to Columbus, much to the regret and dislike of General Tipton. When he became the Highway Commissioner of Indiana, he was assigned a project to build a highway from Indianapolis to Louisville. The highway would have passed through Columbus, however, Tipton constructed the first bypass road ever built which detoured south around the west side of Columbus en route to Seymour. Columbus was incorporated on June 28, 1864.
Places to Eat Near Columbus Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Columbus, IN furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Apna Kitchen on Cottage Avenue: The restaurant’s location is on Cottage Avenue and renders dine in and catering services. The interior decor is classic while the food is prepared in rich and decadent spices. Lunch time Buffet is popular.
- Kyma on Piedmont Rd NE: Kyma restaurant deals in Greek cuisine, specializing in Sea food. Dolmades, Chilled oysters and Saganaki taste greatly. A very pleasant environment to entertain friends and associates. The restaurant is open every day of the week including Saturdays and Sundays. The restaurant has a full bar and outdoor seating.
- Lincoln Square Restaurant on Jonathan Moor Pike: The Restaurant has free Wi-Fi connectivity and a relaxed atmosphere for dining. They offer the best breakfast and skillets in town. Try the Veggie skillet, it is one of the popular dishes among regulars here. The place is good for groups and kids as well.
- Pho Shiki on 25th St: Price ranges are averagely affordable and offer quality service. They value their customers and the staff is marvelous. The staff is composed and dressy with good attitude to match. Drop by Pho Shiki while around San Francisco and have the best yellowtail and soft egg noodle with beef.
- Sabor De La Vilda on Cottage Avenue: The restaurant is quiet and situated on Cottage Avenue. The staff is highly dynamic in operation, with credit card use and authentic Mexican food. They offer complimentary chips and salsa. The staff is reserved and attentive though casually dressed. Chips are served warm and the guacamole is homemade and delicious. You will relish every penny spent.
- Papa’s Grill on W Jonathan Moor Pike: Papa’s Grills serves as restaurant and full bar operating mostly from 10am- 10pm throughout the week. This has a great family atmosphere specializing in American Grill fare! Enjoy 11 beers on tap and great wine selection. They provide free Wi-Fi and you can catch the game in their four 50 inch high resolution TV sets.
Things to do in Columbus, IN
Stepping out of your Columbus, IN temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The Indianapolis Museum of Art is rich in history. The building is a tribute to Irwin Miller’s superb architecture that has left a lasting stamp on the surrounding area. The museum is a beacon for architecture and other pieces of contemporary art.
- Theatre: Columbus Theater is situated on Broadway. The place is old school but provide a treat that you will live never to forget. There is always an open local band which is great for revelers.
- Parks: Mill Race Park host incredible range of sport and recreation. Hiking, biking and canoeing is the most exciting events in the park. There is a variety of golf courses and many fun things to do.
Whatever your reason for visiting Columbus, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Columbus, IN that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.