Dayton OH Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
We serve the entire Dayton area including Kettering, Moraine, Beavercreek, Xenia.
Almost Home offers outstanding corporate housing choices in Dayton OH. We invite you to give us a call or fill out our simply quote request form and one of our housing specialists will send do everything possible to meet your needs.
Dayton, Ohio is home to the Wright-Patterson AFB and is considered the birthplace of Aviation. Dayton was also selected as the number one area in the nation in economic development. The Dayton metropolitan area is a huge market for a wide variety of products and services. The market is dominated by the universities, the military, aerospace, aviation and healthcare sectors.
Dress Advice for Dayton OH Newcomers
The weather in Dayton is pretty pleasant most of the year. In the winter, you'll see the mercury dip down to about 20°F in January but it can climb up to 110°F in July. It does snow in the winter, so make sure you remember your boots for that if you're here during the winter. It can snow anytime between October and April.
Dining Recommendations for Dayton Corporate Housing Residents
Almost Home Corporate Housing offers the offers the following dining recommendations for our Dayton OH corporate apartment residents.
Whatever your food interests, these five places to grab a bite. Of course there are the typical national chains, but these five recommendations will be the ones you may want to check out while in Dayton.
- The Spaghetti Warehouse on W. Fifth St: It’s the perfect place to sit down for a quick meal on your own, or to take a business associate out for a lunch meeting. It is even good for private parties or birthday get-togethers. Of course the pasta here is amazing, but it goes further than that. The Sirloin served with Chianti sauce, for example, is amazing, so is the meatball sandwich. There's a good selection of wine and beer as well so this is a good place to get to during happy hour.
- Taqueria Mixteca on E. 3rd St: This has to be one of Dayton's most fun places to grab a meal. The food is playfully delicious and hits the spot with Mexican fare. The menu is chock-full of delicious recipes ranging from guacamole appetizers to Ceviche Tostadas. The Pollo Campechano is outrageously flavorful while the fried tilapia makes a great meal. This place delivers, so if you're not in the mood to leave your corporate apartment they'll gladly oblige.
- Thai 9 on Brown St.: Authentic Thai cuisine is not something that one finds everywhere. It's a treat when you locate one and this one certainly hits the spot. On top of the great Thai flavors, they also serve sushi and sashimi. The one thing that sets this place apart from the rest is the atmosphere within the dining hall. It is not your typical Thai restaurant, but something worthy of an important occasion. The chefs practice healthy cooking habits and do not use MSG. Try the Chicken Satay and the Chili Scallops.
- Dublin Pub on Wayne Ave.: Stouts, Beer on tap, Davidoff cigars and Pork Belly Tacos are enough to make a business meeting go in your favor no matter how difficult the client. This is one place that you're going to be hanging around more often than not while you're in Dayton. Go back more than once and try the Bangers, the Prime Rib and The Biscuits and Gravy. They are out of this world.
- Coco's Bistro on Warren St.: A warm atmosphere combined with a contemporary romance makes this bistro a place to be seen at in Dayton. It is as chic as it is inviting and the food is magnificent. The dinner menu starts with appetizers like fried brie and rolls effortlessly into French Steak Salads. Try the Pappardelle. The Ahi tuna is blackened to perfection and the onion cream sauce is the result of patient caramelization. Simply earth shattering.
Entertainment Recommendations for Dayton Temporary Housing Residents
On days where you just need some down time, here are a few ideas Almost Home recommends. There is a lot to get out and do in Dayton, so step out of your furnished apartment, and make sure that it’s not all work and no play.
- Golf: There are a number of good golf courses in Dayton. If you have the time try as many of them as you can as each will result in a vastly different experience. The Dayton Country Club on Kramer Rd., is an excellent experience, designed by Donald Ross, it is 18-holes of sheer pleasure. Another course that is worth exploring is Miami Valley Golf Club on Salem Ave. Another place that you shouldn't miss is Prairie Trace Golf Club that is housed within the Wright Patterson AFB. It has an 18-hole course on the west side and a 9-hole course on the east.
- Museums: There are a number of museums in Dayton that are worth the time. One of them is the National Museum of the USAF on Spaatz St, which is located within Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. There is also the Dayton International Peace Museum on W. Monument Ave. The exhibits here are interesting, to say the least. They exhibit peaceful alternatives to otherwise contentious situations. Another worthy visit is the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery on DeWeese Parkway.
- Performing Arts: The Victoria Theatre on N. Main St is Dayton's premier performing arts center. Different genres ascend the stage in this acoustically superior center and leave its audience magically transported amidst the color and sound. Shows vary all the way from Broadway to amazing NatGeo photography and video to appeal to every imagination.
- Parks & Recreation: One of the best ways to adapt to any new surrounding and remain in a good mood is to keep active. It’s fine to see the sites and taste the food, but you need to also go out and work up a sweat. There are a number of places where you can get out of your furnished apartment in Dayton and do just that here. Aullwood Garden is a great place to walk amidst nature trails. Eastwood Garden is great in the fall and serene in the winter. Then, there is Deeds Point where the two rivers meet. It’s an awesome picnic area.
- Malls: There are three malls around the greater Dayton area. The Dayton Mall is on Miamisburg Centerville Rd, while the other two malls are close-by but technically, are located in Beavercreek. One is The Greene on Plum St. and the other is The Mall at Fairfield Commons.
Living Services Around Dayton
The opportunity to hang out and get out of your Dayton corporate housing is pretty cool. There are a number of things to do here, places to see, food to try and people to meet. Even though it is a large metropolitan, be prepared to find that most people here are friendly and accommodating. It won't be difficult to blend in after getting to know the lay of the land.
- Groceries: Getting value for your money while getting your hands on fresh green produce is not a problem in Dayton. There are a number of places you can accomplish this at in Dayton. First there is The Dorothy Lane Market on Far Hills Ave which is in the south side of Dayton. Then there is Kroger on Wayne Ave. and Stop-N-Save on W. 3rd St in downtown Dayton.
- Drugstore: Walgreens in Dayton is on the south side of the city, on Wayne Ave. while CVS is right downtown on N. Ludlow. Rite Aid Pharmacy is on Wilmington Ave. and there are others in neighboring Kittering and Beavercreek. While it may sound like it’s far off, Beavercreek and Kittering are within the I-75 and I-675 loop and are no farther than a 20 minute drive out.
- Laundry: Majestic Cleaners on N. Main Street are the ones to head to in Dayton. Friendly staff and quick turnarounds for affordable prices make it the place to keep in mind when sending out laundry. Call them at 937-461-3780. Another option is Just for You Laundromat on N. Gettysburg Ave. If you're interested in doing your own laundry, hang out at this clean place and use their free Wi-Fi.
- ATMs: Most of the ATMs are concentrated around N. Main St. between 1st and 4th. The usual banks are present in Dayton, including PNC, Chase KeyBank as well as a couple of Credit unions. There are a number of Allpoint surcharge-free ATMs in Dayton. You can check for a location at Allpoint.
Request a Quote