Almost Home offers a wide variety of Eau Claire, WI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Eau Claire Corporate Housing – First Time in the AreaWe wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Eau Claire and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
EconomyThose staying in corporate housing in Eau Claire, WI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Eau Claire is located in the west-central part of Wisconsin and has a population of over 60,000, making it the 9th largest city in the state. Healthcare, education and retail are the major economic drivers of Eau Claire. Lumber and the associated industries catapulted the prosperity of the town in the late 20th century; it was the primary city’s industry. During those early years, there were as many as 22 saw mills operating in the small city. Following the lumber boom, the city saw increase in manufacturing.The city continues to have some level of manufacturing that contributes to its economy, but not as much as it used to have in the post-lumber economy of the 20th century. As time and cost structure changed, much of the industrial production capacity lay to waste as companies found more cost effective alternatives. There were even companies that closed down like the Uniroyal Tire Plant. In order to regain economic stability, the city redesigned its economy to production of computer hardware. Companies such as Hutchinson Technology and IDEXX Computer Systems now dominate the economic landscape. Other companies include Cascades Tissue Group and Menards.
ClimateKnowing what clothing to bring with you to your Eau Claire, WI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Eau Claire has a humid continental climate with hot summers and no dry season. The temperature in Eau Claire, varies from 5ºF to 83ºF. It gets 32 inches of rain per year and a snowfall of 44 inches. The city experiences Spring with temperatures of 41.1ºF in March up to 69.8F during May. Summer’s temperature ranges from 68.9 ºF in July to 80.3 ºF in August, down to 57.9 ºF in October to 23.4 ºF in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Eau Claire, WI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
HistoryBeing a temporary resident in Eau Claire, WI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Eau Claire’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Eau Claire is French for clear water, derived from the state of the water in the river. It was given the name by French explorers who had journeyed down the Chippewa River.In the early 1900s, the city moved to change the format of the city government from its original aldermanic format to the commission format by a group of West Side Boosters. It was a hotly debated and hotly contested proposition, but the sheer force of the West Side Boosters managed to convince the city dwellers of the benefits of the change. In the end the vote was three to one in favor of the change. The change was executed in 1948.
Places to Eat Near Eau Claire Corporate HousingAll of Almost Home’s Eau Claire, WI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Mona Lisa’s Restaurant on Water St: Mona Lisa’s is a moderate restaurant where they offer classic Italian cuisine along with full bar and variety of pizza. This place offers a romantic and intimate setting. Try Tortellini Rockefeller and Spicy Scallops.
- Taqueria Sandoval on London Rd: It is a nominally priced place where they offer authentic Mexican food in a casual environment. Try the Cuban Torta and Burrito with Beans and Rice.
- Altoona Family Restaurant in N Hillcrest Pkwy: Altoona Family Restaurant is an inexpensive restaurant which offers traditional American food for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Parking is convenient. Bacon Scramble and Country Fried steak are popular here.
- Olive Garden Italian Restaurant on Golf Rd: Olive Garden is a reasonable priced restaurant which offers ethnic Italian cuisine. They offer full menu for lunch and dinner. There is a bar here. It is open seven days a week. Try Creamy Citrus Chicken and Mezzaluna Ravioli.
- Chick-A-Dee’s Family Restaurant on 3rd St: It is an economical restaurant where they offer traditional American food for breakfast and lunch. This place has TV. Waiter service is available here. Try Friday Fish fry.
Things to do in Eau ClaireStepping out of your Eau Claire, WI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you
- Park: The Carson Park is located on Carson Park Drive. It contains a baseball stadium, football stadium, tennis court; museum, walking and cycling trails and kids play area. It is easily accessible by bus. This place is good for fishing and boating as well.
- Museum: The Chippewa Valley Museum is located on Carson Park Dr. They offer many exhibits, Hmong heritage social month, silk scarf dying classes and tours as well. This place is closed on Mondays; however there is no admission fee for Tuesdays. Parking is convenient.
- Theater: Eau Claire Regional Arts Center is located on Eau Claire St. provides a retreat to local artists. It includes a 1,098 seat theater and stage which is equipped with light and sound system. They organize musical, theater plays, cultural festivals and concerts here. This place is highly priced and tickets are easily available.