Eden Prairie MN Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Eden Prairie was voted as Money Magazine's Best Places to Live because of its well designed neighborhoods, and efficient public service. Its position, in close proximity to Minneapolis, is a constant source of income with residents who work in the city and commute. From that base, the city builds itself to include primary businesses and newly established headquarters of companies like SuperValu, MTS Systems Corp and Minnesota Vikings. Broadcast concerns like Fox Sports North and KMSP are also located here.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Eden Prairie, MN corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Eden Prairie Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Eden Prairie and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Eden Prairie, MN for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Eden Prairie’s economy is based on the business of transportation, distribution and logistics in the first tier, and on retail, wholesale, healthcare and industrial equipment on the second tier. The city has grown in importance over the years from initially being a residential suburb of Minneapolis to now having a sprouting economy of its own. Original occupations here were related to business and industry in Minneapolis while the secondary businesses here were to service residential customers.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Eden Prairie, MN furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Eden Prairie faces a continental climate. Spring has mild temperatures ranging from 40°F in April to 66° in May. Summers are warm and humid, reaching 82° in July, while fall tapers off between 72° in September to 38° in November. Winter stretches from December to March, with the coldest of 22° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Eden Prairie, MN corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Eden Prairie, MN corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Eden Prairie’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Eden Prairie was originally inhabited by Native Americans prior to the treaty in 1851 that opened the land located west of the Mississippi to pioneers. There weren't a lot of people who settled here when the area was opened up. Mostly farmers were the ones that came in search of fertile soil to develop places for crops. There was no major railroad and trails that expedited population growth and thus Eden Prairie remained a slow-growth town for 80 years, merely doubling population over that time.
The initial town of Eden Prairie was not a part of a state when it was first erected. The State of Minnesota was only incorporated in 1858. Modern amenities arrived in the area circa 1970, by which time an airport was also built and the Interstate system was constructed, resulting in growth during the mid 60s and early 70s. Eden Prairie became a city in 1974. The growth that finally came to this town is fairly recent and the growth continues. However the culture of the town remains laid back and friendly. It remains, till this day, a simple and cozy town that's ideal to raise a family.
Places to Eat Near Eden Prairie Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Eden Prairie, MN furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Jake's City Grille on Singletree Lane: This grille is like a diner with all its variety. The food is typical of a greasy spoon and it comes with all the great flavors associated with that. There's always a game on the TV and so it's a great place to watch the game and have a bite to eat. The service is friendly and the dining hall is clean.
- Kona Grill on Singletree Lane: Kona is an interesting place to find a combination of sushi as well as typical grille items. It's the only place in town where you can get a burger and fries and your guest can get sushi. The sushi defies all odds and tastes pretty similar to what you might get in a mid priced sushi restaurant in a big city. The prices are fair and the portions are generous.
- Redstone American Grill on Eden Rd.: This restaurant has a solid customer base, even with patrons coming from out of town as far as Twin Cities. It has a great atmosphere. Typical American fare served by well trained staff who are courteous and accommodating. The food is always fresh and presented appetizingly.
- Lion's Tap on Flying Cloud Drive: This is the local hotspot in Eden Prairie. It's the place to have a burger and beer and get to know new people. The food is delicious with the typical small town flavor. The wait staff are pleasant and very accommodating. The decor is on the older side of things but the atmosphere it contributes to is part of the rustic charm.
- Woody's Grille on City W Parkway: This is an unassuming grille that is well known among the locals but won't show up on many of the tour directories. The food is the focus of the restaurant. The dining hall and bar are clean, but the decor and furniture have seen younger days.
Things to do in Eden Prairie
Stepping out of your Eden Prairie, MN temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Eden Prairie, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Eden Prairie, MN that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The History Buff is an interesting place that has a number of artifacts that you may like. Here you get to see actual handwriting and signatures of some of the world's most notable people including President Lincoln, Jackie Kennedy, Gandhi and many others.
- Theater: The Eden High School Performing Arts Center is where the local talent produce interesting shows and were invited production companies put on one or two professional shows each year.
- Shopping: The Eden Prairie Center on Flying Cloud Drive has a number of stores including Sears, Target, JCPenney and Kohl's. There are also AMC Theaters on the premises and a number of other national name brands.
- Golf: Bearpath Golf and Country Club on Valley View Road is a beautifully manicured course and reflective lakes with rolling hills. There are homes along the fairways set in luxury but hidden from view as you play through.
- Parks: There are a number of parks, totaling more than 1000 acres of parkland in Eden Prairie. Within it there are bike trails and archery ranges as well as sledding hills and ski trails. One such park is the Miller Park Barrier Free Playground that makes it easy for anyone, to access.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Eden Prairie area including Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Minnetonka, Plymouth, St. Louis Park.
Request a Quote