Edina MN Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Companies such as Dairy Queen and Orange Julius are also headquartered in Edina. These companies present corporate opportunity to many of the residents here, and that in turn drives the secondary services which form a stable economy and revenue.
One other source of revenue for the city are the liquor stores within the city limits. All liquor stores are owned and operated by the municipal council. There are three in town, and no others are licensed or allowed.
There are also a number of college and Universities in Edina, including Devry University, Minnesota State University, Minnesota School of Business and the Keller Graduate School of Management.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Edina, MN corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Edina Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Edina and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Edina, MN for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Edina’s location, just outside the Minneapolis City limits, makes it an ideal suburb for those working in the City of Minneapolis. The economy is based on three areas. The first is as a support to the residents in the area working in Minneapolis. This area of the economy is the service and consumer goods industry. The second aspect of the local economy is tourism, related to Minneapolis. The third are the local corporations that have grown outside the Minnesota borders, companies such as Regis Corporation, the company that owns Supercuts and Cost Cutters.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Edina, MN furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Edina experiences a continental climate with mild spring and temperatures ranging from lows of 40°F in April to highs of 66° in May. Summers are warm and humid, reaching a high of 82° in July. Fall cools down to between highs of 72° in September to lows of 38° in November. Winter stretches from December to March, with the coldest of 22° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Edina, MN corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Edina, MN corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Edina’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Edina was originally inhabited by families who arrived from Europe in the mid 19th century, specifically those who were escaping the potato famine in Ireland. A number of families staked their land when the area was opened up, and were followed by Scottish and English immigrants soon after. All the immigrants in this area were farmers who developed the land.
In 1888 after 30 years of being on the land, residents came together to build a town but couldn't agree on the name. Eventually the present name was chosen and voted upon. The name carried with a slim majority.
At the turn o the 20th century, a new suburban development emerged within Edina named Morningside. Eventually residents of Edina and Morningside were at odds over services, which resulted in Morningside seceding from Edina.
Places to Eat Near Edina Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Edina, MN furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Ciao Bella on Minnesota Dr.: Ciao Bella attracts patrons from as far away as Twin Cities and sometimes even further. The food is well prepared and generous. The staff is knowledgeable in the preparation and taste of everything on the menu and are able to guide each guest, expertly.
- Edina Grille on France Ave S: The bar presents a long cocktail and liquor menu. The bartenders are expertly trained. The dining room has a calm atmosphere that is graced by friendly service. The kitchen serves good food in large portions and cooked in typical American Grill fashion. The Eggs Benedict is a favorite during Sunday brunch.
- Cocina Del Bario on France Ave: Cocina Del Bario has a great wine selection and the ones that fit various price ranges. The service staff are trained well and know what to suggest as an appropriate menu item. The restaurant has good atmosphere and the decor is subtle. The bar serves up tasty cocktails that go great with many of the starter dishes they offer.
- Raku Japanese Restaurant on W 50th St.: The sushi is fair but the rest of the Japanese menu, including the teriyaki and the teppanyaki are well prepared. The portions are small and the presentation is authentic. The food is priced fairly and the service is good.
- McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks in the Galleria: This restaurant is designed well in terms of decor. Eating here makes one feel good about their evening. The food is on the expensive side and the portions are small. However, that's the way it is designed. It's designed to be a long dinner that is taken one course at a time and followed by long desserts and coffee.
Things to do in Edina
Stepping out of your Edina, MN temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Edina, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Edina, MN that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Minnesota Streetcar Museum is an exceptional place to visit that has a number of old streetcars from around the country. It reflects a point in time when our technology was still nascent and increasing.
- Theater: The Minnesota Orchestra is a comfortable arena where you can enjoy the clarity of sounds that come from a well rehearsed symphony. Throughout the year, the Minnesota Orchestra entertains with such passion and conviction.
- Shopping: The Southdale Center is a complete mall that has everything from shops to eateries and movie theaters. It has the honor of being the first indoor mall in the country. You will find Macy's JCPenney and a number of other stores that should provide you with all you need.
- Golf: The Braemar Golf Course on John Harris Drive is one of the top 75 course isn’t the country. It is etched into 500 acres of rolling hills and scenic lakes and untouched oak. It has 180holes on a par 72 course.
- Parks: Centennial Lakes Park is a 24-acre park within an urban landscape. There are over 1.5 miles of paved pathways and 10 acres lake that has paddle boats for rent.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Edina area including Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Plymouth, St. Louis Park.
Request a Quote