Besides real estate, Exton has an agricultural community and with dairy and farming being one of the largest revenue generator for the county. There are almost 2000 farms in active operation in the county producing more than 50% of the US mushroom consumption. The agricultural industry in the area contributes over $3 billion to the local economy.In terms of life sciences, it is one of the largest growth areas in the Exton vicinity. New pharmaceutical and medical devices companies are relocating or setting up in Exton and the surrounding community due to the lower costs and proximity to major cities in easy traveling distances.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Exton, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Exton experiences four seasons. It has mild spring with temperatures ranging between 51°F in March to 73° in May. Summers are characterized by warmth and rain with temperatures reaching 87° in July. Fall temperatures average 66° in October, then cools down to lows of 32° in November. Winter stretches from December to early March with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Exton, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Exton, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Exton’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.The original inhabitants in this area were the Lenape Indians, who named the area Katamoonchink. The Lenape, by nature were involved in farming and hunting and reared packs of dogs to aid in hunting and as a natural alarm in case of human or animal intrusion in the dark.Richard Thomas, a Quaker, who travelled to America in 1683 with William Penn, received a land grant from Penn, and decided to locate his farm and home near the Lenape settlement so as to take advantage of the barking to deter animals from the surrounding forests. He later rebuilt his home in 1749, and that cottage still stands today on Main St in Exton.The City was named circa 1860 with no clear consensus of its origin. While many believe that it must have originated from England, there is the notion that the centrality of Exton in the Pennsylvania transportation system between Lancaster and Philadelphia, a major route at the time, Ex, they believe, seems to mark the spot.
Places to Eat Near Exton Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Exton, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Riverstone Cafe on W Lincoln Highway: Riverstone is a trendy cafe that serves tapas and oysters. The Pear and Goat Cheese is a favorite here. Prices are fair and the portions are adequate. There is a full bar that has a wide variety of cocktails and beer. The outdoor seating is a good place for a meal.
- Han Dynasty on N Pottstown Pike: Han’s is a Taiwanese restaurant that serves the typical Chinese restaurant fare. They are open for lunch and dinner and serve items like the scallion pancakes and noodles. The offerings are authentic and the portions are generous. Prices are fair. There is no delivery available but take out is possible.
- Brickside Grille in Wellington Square: Sunday brunches are popular and crowded here and usually requires a reservation. Other days can be busy. The food is typically American with attention to detail and prompt service. There is a full bar that serves beer, wine and cocktails. Prices are average and the portions are adequate.
- Nala Indian and Thai Cuisine on Woodcutter St.: Nala’s is a mixed cuisine restaurant serving authentic Indian and authentic Thai food side by side in their buffet line. Prices are average and the variety is large. There is take out service but they do not offer delivery. It’s a casual ambiance but patrons are usually well dressed.
- Ron’s Original Bar and Grille on E Uwchlan Ave: Ron’s has an extensive offerings of beer that offers a sports bar environment and serves Italian food. Prices are affordable and there is a full bar. There is live music and it gets crowded on Thursdays and Fridays.
Things to do in Exton
Stepping out of your Exton, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museum: The American Helicopter Museum on American Blvd in West Chester is a museum dedicated to the collection and exhibition of rotary wing aircrafts. The museum showcases various innovations and inventions that have impacted the trajectory of rotary wing flight. There are over 30 helicopters, hybrid aircraft and autogyros on display here.
- Theater: The People’s Light and Theater Company is a professionally run theater in Malvern PA, not far from Exton. They feature sophisticated plays and musicals regularly like Pride and Prejudice, Dear Elizabeth, Bach at Leipzig and many others. They began in 1974 and produce between 7 and 9 performances in a year.
- Golf: The Whitford Country Club in Exton has a William Gordon designed course that is surrounded by lush greens and calming scenery. The 18-hole championship course measures 6,668 yards from the back tees. It pars 72. The course rating is 73.6 and features rolling hills and bent grass on the fairways.
- Parks: The Albert C Miller Park is a 20-acre park on Waterloo Blvd. It features a gazebo and three tennis courts, a basketball court and a pavilion. It is a popular park for walks, and runs or weekend outings and gatherings.
Whatever your reason for visiting Exton, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Exton, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Exton area including Malvern, Downingtown, King of Prussia, Norristown, Paoli, and West Chester.