Flint MI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Flint, MI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Flint Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Flint and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Flint, MI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Flint economy has completely been turned around in the last few decades. At its height, Flint was one of the largest cities in Michigan and home to many of GM’s auto manufacturing plants. But the relocation of many of GM’s Plants to Mexico resulted in more than 50% of the original population in Flint leaving town.
However, after a brief spell as a run down and dilapidated town, Flint has begun its turnaround with the latest attraction of two industries that are poised to return Flint to its original economic prosperity. But the road is long and there are a number of pitfalls ahead.
The two areas that will make the difference are education and the healthcare industries. The academic forefront is being led by Michigan State University, in an effort to revitalize Flint, by bringing in some of its faculty and staff to set up a new medical teaching facility.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Flint, MI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Flint enjoys the benefit of four seasons, experiencing mild summers and cold winters. It has mild springs with temperatures ranging between 44°F in March to 69° in May. Summers are characterized by clear days with temperatures reaching the season's high of 82° in July. Fall temperatures average 60° in October, then cools down to lows of 31° in November. Winter stretches from November to early April with January being the coldest month. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Flint, MI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Flint, MI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Flint’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Flint and the surrounding area were originally occupied by the Ojibwa tribes. This area has the honor of being one of the longest continuously inhabited places in all of Michigan. It was first settled by Europeans in the early 19th century. A fur trader who married an Ojibwa woman, rose to prominence in the area because of his ability to position himself between the Ojibwa and the territorial government of the territory. His name was Jacob Smith.
Jacob Smith established a trading post in what is today's Flint and was became successful very soon because the post proved to be a popular stop for those traveling between Detroit and Saginaw. With increasing popularity and prosperity, the town was eventually incorporated in 1855.
With time, the location on land between the cities and its proximity to Flint River resulted in the lumber industry taking hold here. Eventually Flint was the lumber center in all of Michigan. Its reputation as Michigan's hub for lumber also initiated a new business - coach making. Eventually, as stagecoaches gave way to mechanical automobiles, it was natural that Flint saw expansion and development in that area as well. General Motors was first founded and built in Flint.
Places to Eat Near Flint Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Flint, MI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Angelo's Coney Island on N Franklin Ave: This is an old school diner that looks like a throwback to the 50s. The coney dog here is one of the best in Flint according to the people who frequent the place. It is cheap and the service is friendly. They are open late, so lunch, dinner and late supper are served.
- Redwood Steakhouse on Gateway Center Dr: Redwood is a pricey steakhouse that is set in a casual atmosphere. There is a full bar here with free WiFi and the menu is upscale. Favorites here include the Beef Tips appetizer and the Beef Pot Roast entree. Service is polished and the restaurant is suitable for the entire family.
- Freakin' Unbelievable Burgers on Corunna Rd: A great place to have a burger. It's a simple restaurant that offers cheap, value for money food. The counter staff are friendly and prompt. There's free WiFi and takeout, but no delivery. They are open every day and have a private parking lot for customers. Try the Upper Crust Burger.
- Sagano Japanese Bistro on S Linden Rd: This Japanese restaurant has a sushi bar that is busy. The menu is extensive and fairly priced with friendly waiters and a classy ambiance. The food is authentic and the Hibachi is popular with frequent visitors. More popular than the Hibachi, the sushi is ingenious with varying flavors and a popular choice here.
- Taboon at The Valley on S Linden Rd: Ideal for lunch and dinner, Taboon is a Middle Eastern restaurant specializing in favorites like hummus, tabouli and lentil soup. The waiters are pleasant and the interior is comfortable with a casual ambiance. There is a full bar here but the overall noise level is low.
Things to do in Flint
Stepping out of your Flint, MI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Flint, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Flint, MI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Sloan Museum offers exhibits that cover most of Flint's history but also goes beyond that and displays items related to space exploration and archeology. Fossils of dinosaurs and dioramas depicting early life are featured in the same building with scenes of battles from the civil war history of men from Michigan who fought valiantly.
- Theater: The Flint Cultural Center is a campus that houses museums and theaters. The Whiting is part of the Center, maintains a 2,000 seat auditorium that showcases Broadway musicals, theater, comedy and other acts of cultural and contemporary entertainment. Past performances here included acts by STOMP and Bill Cosby.
- Golf: The Swartz Creek Golf Course on Hammerberg Rd is an 18-hole public course that features a number of conveniences. It has a clubhouse with a full restaurant, a driving range, and you can even book tee times online.
- Parks: Kearsley Park is a 57-acre park that has been around since 1917. It is located on Robert T Longway. There is a scenic creek, Gilkey Creek, that meanders through the landscape offering scenic walking and jogging tracks as well as an attraction to wildlife.
Request a Quote