Fort Lauderdale FL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Fort Lauderdale, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Fort Lauderdale Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Fort Lauderdale and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Fort Lauderdale, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Fort Lauderdale's economy is tied largely to its location on the Atlantic coast of Florida. Its tourism activity has evolved over the years, from being a favorite destination of college revelers during Spring Break, to attracting more sophisticated vacationers. Tourism here has been increasing and redevelopment of the downtown Fort Lauderdale was recently undertaken. The downtown area now has more high rise apartment s and new hotels that are targeted at local as well as transient vacationers.
Aside from the tourism industry being a major employer in Fort Lauderdale, the boating industry is as well. The marina in Fort Lauderdale provides berths for various lengths and with the city's infrastructure this has become a major destination. That has caused the boat repair industry here to flourish, and along with that, the boat building industry as well.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Fort Lauderdale, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Fort Lauderdale experiences tropical conditions throughout the year. High temperatures vary mildly through the year with the highest temperatures peaking in July at 90°F. The cooler months experience highs of just 75° and lows in the 50s. Thunderstorms here are a daily occurrence in the warmer months and there is risk of hurricanes in September and October. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Fort Lauderdale, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Fort Lauderdale, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Fort Lauderdale’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Tequesta Indians originally inhabited this area a millennia ago. Their tribes, as with other natives, were destroyed, with the arrival of the Spanish who brought diseases that the natives were unable to withstand, namely smallpox. As the tribe slowly perished over the next two hundred years, with the last few being evacuated to Cuba after the land was taken over by the British in the late 18th century.
The area that is now Fort Lauderdale was originally called the New River Settlement. In the early 19th century small settlements attempted to take hold here without much success because of the constant raids by Seminole Indians. Eventually the town was abandoned until the US government erected a stockade here and named it Fort Lauderdale. It was the center of the Second Seminole War. When the war ended, the fort was abandoned and was not populated again until the arrival of Frank Stranahan in 1893.
During the Second World War, Fort Lauderdale was developed as a base to train pilots and radar operators. In addition to the large Naval Air Station, a Coast Guard facility was also built. When the war ended and the servicemen returned, Fort Lauderdale experienced an explosion in population.
Places to Eat Near Fort Lauderdale Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Fort Lauderdale, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Old Florida Seafood House on NE 26th St: Fresh seafood caught off the Atlantic coast is served here. The chefs do a decent job of preparing the fresh ingredients. The dining hall is clean and welcoming but can be noisy on nights when they are full. Especially weekends. Service staff is friendly and accommodating on quiet nights.
- Galanga Thai Kitchen & Sushi on Wilton Dr: An authentic taste of Thai food that has been toned down to accommodate the local crowd. The ingredients are varied and they use fresh catch in their meals rather than frozen and processed items. There is also sushi here that takes advantage of the fresh catch which is sourced locally and imported from other areas as well.
- Thai Spice on E Commercial Blvd: The Thai cuisine here is a little more authentic and hasn't been watered down in terms of flavors. The typical rice dishes and soups like the Thom Yam are available in customized taste. Patrons who are more sensitive to heat can request the kitchen to tone it down.
- Andrews Diner on N Andrews Ave: A typical diner that is true to the concept. The Lemon Meringue Pie is a favorite among regulars. The late night supper menu carries a number of breakfast items that include sausage and eggs as well as pancakes and waffles. The staff here are pleasant and the dining hall is clean and tidy.
- Floridian Restaurant on E Las Olas Blvd: The Floridian is a comfortable place to get Spanish delicacies. From Cuban Sandwiches to Tapas and Spanish barbecued meats. The place can be a little loud with the music but most people who come here seem to like that.
Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
Stepping out of your Fort Lauderdale, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Fort Lauderdale, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Fort Lauderdale, FL that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Museum of Art in Fort Lauderdale has numerous exhibits that rotate during the course of the year.Some exhibits are from up and coming artists, while others are the works of historically significant artists. The spirit of the Cobra collection which is taking the art scene by storm was on display here as was Roman Vishniac's works.
- Theater: The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is a fabulous theater that invites a stellar cast throughout the year to perform on its stage. It features performances like the ballet, Broadway favorites, plays and musicals.
- Shopping: The Sawgrass Mall on Sunrise Blvd. has a number of local and national stores as well as a cinema and anchors such as Burlington, Marshalls, Target and Neiman Marcus. The building has WiFi and extensive eateries.
- Golf: Bonaventure Country Club is set on such a picturesque property that there are many weddings that happen here in the spring. It is a semi private 18 hole course sporting TifEagle Bermuda greens at the end of challenging fairways,
- Parks: Snyder Park on SW 4th Avenue has a number of activities for every visitor. There is a special dog area and pavilions. Bike paths, nature trails and volleyball courts, as well as picnic tables and basketball courts.
Request a Quote