Fresno CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Fresno, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
First Time in Fresno, CA
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Fresno, and thus we provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Fresno, CA corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business climate. Fresno's economy is based on agriculture activities that go on in the city as well as the areas surrounding it. It is nicknamed the Raisin Capital of the World for its contribution of grapes used in the making of raisins that are shipped all over the world. The Fresno economy also revolves around its prominence as a logistics hub that facilitates the agricultural activities.
Aside from agriculture, Fresno also has some entertainment in the city in the forms of casinos and resorts. This is a tourist attraction, especially for residents of nearby towns who come here for the weekend or on day trips.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Fresno, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local fluctuating temperatures. Fresno experiences a semi arid climate due to the dry winds descending off the Rockies in the East. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from lows of 42°F in March to highs of 75° in April. Summers are warm and humid, reaching a high of 98° in July, while fall tapers off between highs of 80° in October to lows of 43° in November. Winter stretches from December to February, with January's 38° being the coldest. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Fresno, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor fun that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Fresno, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Fresno’s history by perusing our brief historical summary provided below.
The Yokuts inhabited this area prior to the Gold Rush. The Yokuts were the indigenous tribe of the area and they were traders by nature. They dealt with the other tribes in the area including the Chumash, further north. The area was irrigated by the San Joaquin River and along this river were lush forest of Ash Trees, which were called Fresno in Spanish.
By 1872, the Central Pacific Railroad arrived and built a station near Easterby, one of the largest wheat farms in the area. The building of that station then resulted in other conveniences, including a store, followed by other business and soon a town developed around that Railroad Station, at that time named the Fresno Station.
Development took a turn after the Second World War, when Fresno returned to its agricultural roots. They instituted row crops and orchards which remains the concentration of Fresno and its surrounding even till today.
In 1958, a new financial product was introduced to facilitate the trading between merchants and farmers. It was instituted by Bank of America and it was called the BankAmericard. It initially had some trouble gaining traction, but eventually began to gain popularity. It was a card where customers could use to purchase goods and services as well as maintain revolving balances. It was the birth of the credit card.
Places to Eat in Fresno
All of Almost Home’s Fresno, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy eating out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Campagnia Restaurant on E Champlain Dr: A comfortable restaurant that has good service and pleasant service staff. The kitchen is clean and the menu is extensive. Italian dishes come with tasty garlic and fresh basil, which elevates the experience.
- BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse on E Shaw Ave: BJ's is a chain that is all across the country. The appetizers here are their claim to fame and the drinks on tap are designed to match the weather outside. The warmer ales are served in the winter and the cooler ones are brewed in the summer.
- Dog House Grill on E Shaw Ave: This grille has interesting seasonings that flavor the grills. The meats and seafood are fresh and that works well with the rest of the herbs and spices. The bar is stocked well but not excessively. In the summer the grill is open till 10 pm. The staff here know how to make things fun and can help out if you need assistance with suggestions.
- Pho 75 Oriental Restaurant on E McKinley Ave: Authentic Vietnamese food that serves most of the regular Vietnamese dishes and some Asian ones too. The beef noodle soup is one of the better ones in town and a favorite among patrons.
- Joe's Steakhouse & Grill on Van Ness Ave: Joe's Steakhouse is known for their generous portions. The plates and sides always leave a diner satisfied and full. The service here is friendly and the crowd always seems to be in a party mood.
- Max’s Bistro on W Bullard Ave: Max’s Bistro has an accommodating atmosphere. With comfortable dining and an visually appealing decor, the total experience is magnified by the well trained staff and wide assortment of styles on the menu.
Things to do in Fresno
Stepping out of your Fresno, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Fresno, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a Fresno, CA furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Fresno Art Museum is located on North First St. The have numerous exhibits displayed simultaneously. There are even special exhibits for kids. The past exhibits include sculptures from the Addicott Collection, David Ligare's River Mountain Sea. The Classical Impulse and the Trashique.
- Theater: The Tower Theater of the Performing Arts located on Olive Ave is a historic location, first built in 1939. It was refurbished in 1990 and is now regularly visited by artists from all over the country. The theater is the crown jewel of the Tower District and is part of the resurgence in the area.
- Shopping: The River Park Shopping Center is a one stop solution to entertainment. From stores that represent every age group and genre to eateries for every taste bud and a bank of movies theaters that show the latest flicks. The mall is anchored by Kohl's, Marshalls, and Macy's. There is even a Target and a Best Buy here.
- Golf: Fig Garden Golf Course located on Van Ness Blvd has been in operation since 1958. It plays 6700 yards on a walkable course. Its a par 72 course with many straights and a fair amount of dog legs to make up for the lack of terrain.
- Parks: Woodward Park on North Friant Rd was bequeathed to the people of Fresno by the late Ralph Woodward, It is a park and bird sanctuary that provide peace and tranquility to all who visit. It covers an imposing 200 acres of well kept and natural grounds.
Request a Quote