Grand Rapids MI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
You will certainly enjoy the area surround your furnished apartment in Grand Rapids. The town beautifies itself many with sculptures and buildings that are so brilliantly designed. The Cathedral of St Andrew is one such edifice that demands your visit to enjoy the magnificence of towering steeples and brilliant architecture. President Ford's tomb is also located in here. When you have the time, do visit the Van Andel Museum as well.
Grand Rapids experiences a wide variety of climate changes, with humid summers and snowy winters. June through August are the warmest months of the year with highs averaging 80°F but have been known to hit 108°F. In the cooler months, lows dip into the 40s by October and rapidly descend to the lowest point in the teens by January. For most parts of the year, corporate housing residents would do well to bring a light jacket during the summer and a heavier coat for the winter.
We serve the entire Grand Rapids area including East Grand Rapids, Walker, Kentwood, Jenison, Rockford, Allendale, Hudsonville, Comstock Park, Holland, Zeeland, Lansing, Norton Shores, Muskegon.
Almost Home offers numerous Grand Rapids corporate housing options. Should you be considering staying in temporary housing in Grand Rapids, we offer a little information about the area.
Grand Rapids is well known as the center for Christian publishing with the likes of Baker Books, Eerdmans Publishing, Family Christian Stores, Kregel Publications and Zondervan making this city their headquarters. In addition to publishing, Grand Rapids, being in close proximity to Lake Michigan, provides fertile soil and climate for producing apples and blueberries.
Places to Eat in Grand Rapids
There are numerous restaurants and grills that one can find in Grand Rapids. Whichever quadrant your Grand Rapids corporate apartment is located in, you shouldn’t have much trouble finding a place to dine.
- The Cottage Bar and Restaurants on La Grave Ave SE: There are some interesting things on the menu here. if you are just in search for a quick lunch, then this is also a great place for that. Try the Taco Salad or the chicken Chimichanga, topped with shredded cheese. Give the 4-Alarm Chili a try, which will be sure to activate sensations you didn't know you had.
- Bistro Bella Vista on Grandville Ave. SW: If you'd like to be momentarily transported to an Mediterranean surrounding with the unmistakable aroma of Tuscany, then this is the place to be in Grand Rapids. The menu changes constantly and new tastes and experiences are introduced.
- Hopcat on Ionia and Weston: This is a great choice for those who enjoy the taste of expertly brewed beer and great food. There are more than a few types of beer on tap here. Try the Black Mamba, Cosmic Autumn Rebellion or Red's Rye. The food is great also, from the dips to the tacos and the Beerbar Cheese. Most of all, make sure you try the Buffalo Rolls.
- Brick Road Pizza on Wealthy St.: Hand-tossed pizza is the specialty here, and you can top it with whatever you like. More than just a pizzeria, this restaurant has calzones, pasta, salads and appetizers as well.
- Maru Sushi and Grill on Cherry St: The food here is authentic and deliciously prepared. Depending on what your tastes are, you can bet they will be able to satisfy your sushi cravings.
Things to do in Grand Rapids
With so many places to see and lots of things to learn, you will have many places to visit as you venture out of your Grand Rapids temporary housing. From museums to theaters and malls, here are a few things Almost Home suggests to you.
- Museums: There are a number of museums in Grand Rapids that you should take the effort to visit while you are here. The first on the list is the Grand Rapids Public Museum on Pearl St NW . Lots of things to explore and learn while you're here. There is also the Grand Rapids Children's Museum on Sheldon Ave. There are some amazing collections that pass through here in addition to the resident displays. Also check out the Grand Rapids Art Museum on Monroe Center St NW.
- Performing Arts: There is a lot of culture to enjoy in Grand Rapids, especially amidst the various performing arts centers. There will always be entertainment for you to enjoy here. There are frequent shows at DeVos Performance Hall on Monroe Ave NW. Then there is the Broadway Grand Rapids on Lyon St NW. This is an icon of the arts in Grand Rapids. Perhaps you would alos like Grand Rapids Civic Theatre on Division Ave N and Wealthy Theatre on Wealthy St SE.
- Golf: There are a number of great golf courses across the state of Michigan. Some of those great courses are right here in Grand Rapids, like The Highlands Golf Club, located on Leonard St NW. This is a well manicured course, and will also provide sufficient challenge for someone who is looking to sharpen their skill. Grand Rapids Golf & Country Club on Leonard St NE is also a well maintained course that caters to the novice. And finally, there is the The Golf Club At Thornapple Pointe on 48th St SE. In addition to these, there are a lot of other courses, both public and private, in the immediate area.
- Parks and Recreation: Michigan offers some of the best parks and recreation facilities in the nation, and so our Grand Rapids furnished apartment residents will have plenty of outdoor places to choose from. At any one of these parks you can swim, golf, play tennis and hike on wooded trails. All of them are managed by the Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation. There are even numerous picnic sites around Grand Rapids that you could spend the evening walking your dog or just running to work up a sweat before hitting one of the really good restaurants downtown.
Request a Quote