Greensboro NC Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Companies including Volvo Trucks, Daimler Busses, and Honda Aircraft maintain heavy industry manufacturing in Greensboro, while the likes of The Fresh Market, Cook Out, Hams and Biscuitville maintain plants for fast moving consumer goods. There are also numerous financial services companies as well as Insurance providers in the city.
Greensboro is also the location of one of the state universities, the University of North Carolina and the North Carolina A&T State University's Gateway University Research Park. Other universities include Carolina Graduate School of Divinity, Bennett College, North Carolina Agricultural, Technical State University, Greensboro College, Guilford College, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and the Elon University School of Law.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Greensboro, NC corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Greensboro Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Greensboro and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Greensboro, NC for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Being in the South, Greensboro was traditionally involved with the textile and tobacco industry. That has, however, evolved over the years and now the economic activity in Greensboro includes logistics and academics, aside from corporate services and customer services. Its central location in the State makes it an ideal location for families to settle down and create a working population.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Greensboro, NC furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Greensboro faces a subtropical climate tempered by the rolling hills and the proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from lows of 39°F in March to highs of 77° in May. Summers are warm and humid, reaching a high of 88° in July, while fall tapers off between highs of 70° in October to lows of 40° in November. Winter stretches from December to February, with the coldest of 30° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Greensboro, NC corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Greensboro, NC corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Greensboro’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Prior to European migration, this area, that predates Greensboro, was inhabited by native tribes called Saura. The first Europeans to migrate here came from inland areas in the north, rather than from the European continent across the Atlantic. The first such settlers were the Pennsylvania Quakers. They arrived in Capefair, now Greensboro, in 1751. The Quaker community here grew rapidly and Greensboro became one of the largest Quaker communities in the country.
The city took its name in honor of General Nathanael Green who led the army into battle with General Cornwallis in the Battle of Guilford Courthouse in 1781. Green ultimately lost that battle but was remembered for inflicting heavy casualty on Cornwallis' army. Cornwallis retreated his army to Wilmington after the battle.
Greensboro's fame in the Civil War, after a quiet start, was due to Confederate President Jefferson Davies, who had moved his cabinet and fled the Confederate Capital in Richmond. Virginia and relocated to Danville. The cabinet then fled Danville and arrived in Greensboro where they met for the last time before fleeing to Europe to avoid capture by the Union. As such, Greensboro is considered the last capital city of the Confederacy.
Places to Eat Near Greensboro Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Greensboro, NC furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Green Valley Grill on Green Valley Rd: Nice food served in a comfortable environment that is reminiscent of the South. The steaks and seafood are delicious combinations with a southern touch. The staff is courteous and the crowds are full of southern charm.
- Undercurrent Restaurant on Battleground Ave: The food here is famous for being fresh and delicately flavored. The vegetarian menu is as good as the meats, so mixed company works well in this restaurant. The decor is comfortable without being overwhelming.
- Liberty Oak on W Washington St: A typical southern establishment that is true to the concept. The muffins that come at the start of the meal is a nice touch and is a favorite among regulars. The late night supper menu carries a number of items if you catch a show nearby. The staff here is well trained and knowledgeable.
- Table 16 Restaurant on S Elm St: This restaurant is best suited for special occasions. The soft shell crab is the local favorite. It so popular that they ted to run out. The food is unique, compared to most restaurants in the south, yet it still presents food in southern flavors and charm. Try the five course tasting menu.
- Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen on Westover Terrace: Fabulous service, with hardly any waiting at all. The food is described as comfort food with a twist and it fits that description perfectly. The quality is very good with strict attention paid to the smallest of details. The tastes are very well balanced and the staff is highly trained.
Things to do in Greensboro
Stepping out of your Greensboro, NC temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Greensboro, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Greensboro, NC that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Greensboro Science Center is full of adventure and insight. There are animal discovery sections and a museum displaying animals as well as an aquarium that features fish in their natural habitat. There is also an Omnimax theater.
- Theater: The Carolina Theater is one of the oldest and most majestic theater in North Carolina. It opened in 1927 and seats 2200 guests. The original design, that still stands today is made to resemble a Greek temple. Various genres perform here including solo acts like Eric Benet as well as groups like the Marshall Tucker Band and even stand up comedy.
- Shopping: The Four Seasons Town Center has restaurants, services and eateries along side stores and department stores like Belk, Dillard's, and JCPenney. There are a number of telecommunication and electronic stores like AT&T Kiosks and Celxs as well as GameStop.
- Golf: Forest Oaks Country Club in Forest Oaks Way is a PGA rated course that first played in 1962. It has golf, tennis and aquatic facilities. The club also has a natural grass driving range and its uses us unlimited for members. There is also a short game area for practicing chips and pitching.
- Parks: The Center City Park offers a number of facilities in a safe and clean environment. It also has free WiFi in the park as well as a number of places to relax and various sculptures to enjoy.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Greensboro area including Pleasant Garden, Gibsonville, Whitsett, Kernersville, High Point.
Request a Quote