Griffin GA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The standard of education here is higher than the state averaged and it is recognized as a Distinguished School System according to Georgia standards. Other education notables are the tertiary education environment in Griffin that is host to Southern Crescent Technical College and the Griffin campus of the University of Georgia. The school system and the tertiary education centers are also the top employers in the city, along with manufacturing companies like Caterpillar; healthcare institutions like Spalding Regional Medical Center; and, telecommunication companies like AT&T.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Griffin, GA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Griffin Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Griffin and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Griffin, GA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Griffin is the county seat of Spalding County. Its economic engine is made up of education, healthcare, social service, government service, retail trade, production and manufacturing, which is also the core of the employment market in Griffin and the immediate surrounding neighborhoods. Its proximity to Hartsfield International Airport also makes it a convenient and cost effective solution to maintain offices that deal with logistics.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Griffin, GA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Griffin's weather is classified as subtropical, meaning it gets humid and warm in the summer. Spring comes early, with highs of 66°F in March and continues climbing to a summer peak of 80° in May and 90 in July. Summers are humid with afternoon thunderstorms that cool the temperatures to lows in the late evening to an average of 67°. Winter lows average 53° in January in the evening. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Griffin, GA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Griffin, GA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Griffin’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The original inhabitants in the area were Crete Indians who gave up their land stretching from the Flint River to the Ocmulgee and to the Chattahoochee River. Spalding County was claimed by the Spanish as part of Florida and eventually joined Georgia, officially in 1764.
To attract settlers, tracts of land, approximately 200 acres in size, were distributed in a lottery system. Winners used their land for farming cotton. Their harvest was then transported to Macon to be sold. This became the driving impetus of the Macon and Western Railroad Extension.
Places to Eat Near Griffin Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Griffin, GA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- J Henry’s Restaurant on W College St: It is a decent restaurant, where they offer fresh seafood and steaks. They offer friendly and efficient services at reasonable price. The restaurant gets busy at lunch and dinner. The bar serves wine and beer. Private parking is available. Try their Smoked Salmon and Seared Tuna.
- Angelo’s Greek & Italian Restaurant on N Hill St: It is an affordable restaurant, located in a historical building. They offer authentic Greek and Italian cuisine at reasonable price. It is a quiet place to enjoy a meal. The bar is limited beer and wine. They offer take-out. Try the Gyro Platter and Fried Chicken Strips.
- Bank Street Café on S Hill St: It is a reasonably priced restaurant serving local cuisine. They are closed on Sundays. There is a full bar, and they accept credit cards. Street parking is available. Try the prime rib with a side of fries.
- La Hacienda on W Broad St: La Hacienda offers Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine at an affordable budget. They offer full bar, waiter service and take-out facility. Noise level in this restaurant is above average. Try the Chicken Quesadilla and Chipotle Salsa.
- Griffith’s Drive-in on Memorial Dr: It is an inexpensive diner offering simple staple meals. This place is closed on Sundays. They provide outdoor seating and accept credit cards. Private parking is available. The Double Burger and Willie Burger are popular here.
Thing to do in Griffin, GA
Stepping out of your Griffin, GA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Griffin, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Griffin, GA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Doc Holliday Museum is located on N 13th St. This place offers detailed information regarding unpublished photograph, historic documents and books that provide an accurate description of the life and times of Doc Holliday.
- Theater: The Main Street Players is located on N Hill St. This place is mostly suitable for musicals and plays. They have a good sound and light system in place and a decent atrium with comfortable seats. Season tickets are available. They accommodate special seating requests and provide discount for big groups.
- Park: The Wynoma Tyus Park is located on Cowan Rd. It is a decent place which offers a 5 KM trail for walking, play area for kids and they also have two or three soccer games in a season. This place is calm and refreshing. This place is good for families and couples. Street parking is available.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Griffin area including Spalding County, Sunny Side, Brooks, Atlanta Metro.
Request a Quote