Huntsville AL Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home Corporate Housing – Huntsville AL
We serve the entire Huntsville area including Madison, Harvest, New Hope, Hazel Green, New Market, Decatur.
Almost Home’s Huntsville corporate housing options will meet your every need, from value friendly 1x1s to luxury 3×2 townhomes. For those considering a short-term stay in a Huntsville furnished apartment, Almost Home wishes to provide you with a little local-town information.
Huntsville is known as the rocket capital of the world and was originally Alabama’s state capital. When it was first established, the city experienced rapid growth due to the cotton industry, and it is a historical fact that the fertile land surrounding Huntsville yielded 1000 pounds of cotton per acre of land. Also of interest is that beneath the city of Huntsville, there is a vast network of caves that still exist till today. You might wish to do a little spelunking there while on an extended stay in Huntsville.
Business Environment in Huntsville
Huntsville's economy is driven by the high-tech industry, especially within the aerospace and defense sector. Some such major employers are Redstone Arsenal, Cummings Research, and the Marshall Space Flight Center. Commercial technology companies as well as IT infrastructure companies also make up some of the commercial landscape in Huntsville.
The climate in Huntsville is glorious for most parts of the year, depending on your appreciation for the warmth in the summer. Highs are reached in July, which averages 90°F, but has hit records of 111°F. The temperature hovers in the high 80s from May to September then hovers around the 60s in October, then falling to the 60s and 50s in November through February before beginning its ascent back up. Dress lightly here in the summer. Rains here can be heavy in the summer, so never leave your Huntsville corporate apartment without an umbrella.
Places to Eat in Huntsville
All of Almost Home’s temporary housing in Huntsville feature fully equipped kitchens. However, should you wish to explore the local restaurants, Almost Home commends the following establishments to your consideration. There are a lot of local southern recipes and local ingredients and style that deserves exploring
- Cotton Row on South Side Square: This is Chef James Boyce's masterpiece and debut as restaurateur. With his impeccable background in culinary excellence, this restaurant is the embodiment of his taste and high standards. The Cornmeal Crusted Oyster Salad, for instance, is beyond exquisite and the House Ground Hickory Beef Burger is stupendous. As for the entrees, try the Genovese Meatballs over Linguini. The Grilled Angus Ribeye Medallion is also a winner. The restaurant offers both public and private dining.
- Pane e Vino on Church St SW: The pizza here is gourmet. You can almost imagine what it must have been like to savor the original tastes of old Italy. Try the Clemenza or the Salvador Dali. If you like white pizzas, there are several of those to try as well. Try the Mona Lisa, it will leave you breathless, just like the painting.
- 1892 East on Pratt Ave.: It's not everywhere that one gets to find a menu dedicated to brunch, yet that’s what you will find here at 1892 East. It's great to be able to start with a Fruit Salad, then on to some Granola and Greek Yoghurt followed by some Eggs Benedict or a Mushroom Frittata.
- Papou's on South Side Square: The Greek flavors and traditions are brilliantly matched to the temperature ranges of Huntsville. The food goes so well here with the local environment. Try the Kalamata Chicken or the Roast Leg of Lamb. On Friday's their special is the Papou's Chicken, that is certainly worth the trip there. As for Greek pasta, try the Pasticho, with baked layers of Long Macaroni, tomato and minced beef topped with a super Bechamel Sauce.
- Sam and Greg's on North Side Square: On those warm summer evenings there is nothing on this world that soothes more than some of Sam and Greg's homemade Gelato. No ice cream can live up to the standards set by this Gelato. They also have good pizza. The ingredients are fresh, the recipes are authentic and the pizzas are hand crafted.
Things to do in Huntsville
Huntsville corporate housing residents have many enjoyable opportunities awaiting them whenever their schedules allow. Almost Home offers the following suggestions.
Living in Huntsville temporary housing will provide you with many great experiences. There is a feeling of high tech mixed with historic in this town.
- Museums: There are a number of museums in Huntsville that you visit while you are here. The first on the list is the U.S. Space & Rocket Center on Tranquility Base. For younger ones, there is also the EarlyWorks Children's History Museum on Madison St SE. Then there is the North Alabama Railroad Museum Inc on Old Airport Rd SW.
- Performing Arts: There is deep culture here in Huntsville to soak up, especially amidst the various performing arts in town. There will always be some kind of entertainment for you to enjoy here. Look for shows at Merrimack Hall Performing Arts on Triana Blvd SW. Then there are also the Renaissance Theatre on Meridian St N., the Von Braun Center on Monroe St SW and Theatre Huntsville on University Dr NW.
- Malls: There is no shortage of shops here in Huntsville. Should you be looking for the typical mall, you can visit Parkway Place on Memorial Pkwy SW, Bridge Street Town Center , and also Madison Square Mall on University Dr NW. These are the anchors of the town as far as malls go. All the major stores and brands are represented at them; and of course, there are sufficient ancillary food and entertainment outlets here as well.
- Golf: There are a huge number of golf courses all across the fine state of Alabama. Some of them are right here in and around the city of Huntsville, like Huntsville Municipal Golf Course. This well maintained course provides sufficient challenge for anyone looking to improve their game. Becky Peirce Municipal Golf Course on Airport Rd SW is also well maintained course that caters to the average player. Finally, there is the Sunset Landing Golf Club on James Record Rd SW.
Request a Quote