Irving TX Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Irving, TX corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Irving Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Irving and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Irving, TX for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Irving economy is closely tied to the Dallas Metropolitan area and is one of the major corporate centers of the South. Numerous International companies have their North American Headquarters in Irving, including Nokia America, Blackberry, and NEC Corporation. There is also a large amount of corporate activity from American companies representing a diverse group of industries from oil and gas to transportation and logistics. Companies like Exxon Mobil, Kimberly Clark, La Quinta Inns, Zale, Mesa Air, Fluor Corp others base their North American and Global headquarters here. Still, other companies have regional headquarters or offices, including companies like Microsoft, Citigroup and Verizon.
In comparison to the corporate activity, academic activity, even though large, pales in comparison. Universities such as University of Phoenix and DeVry as well as University of Dallas and North Lake College are located here.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Irving, TX furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Irving faces a subtropical climate with hot summers and cool winters. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from highs of 69°F to 84° in May. Summers are warm, reaching a peak of 96° and lasting over two months, July and August. Fall averages 89° in September to lows of 47° in November. Winter stretches from December to January, with the coldest of 46° occurring in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Irving, TX corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Irving, TX corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Irving’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The history of Irving dates back to 1903 when it was founded by J.O. Otto Schulz and Otis Brown. Brown was the first mayor of Irving, which is said to be named after Washington Irving, the literary author. Irving was incorporated in 1914.
Irving started slow, with its population hardly increasing until the 1930s when the original cotton gins and began to see more industry. Numbers grew from less than 1000 in 1930 to 45,000 in 1960. New manufacturing plants opened, and more people immigrated here from neighboring towns and states in search of jobs. The growth was also spurred by the improvements in transportation into the area and the increase in retail and financial services. In 1956, academia took hold of the area with the founding of the University of Dallas. This had the effect of increasing the population. Then there was the construction of the Dallas Stadium and, in 1971, became the home field of the Dallas Cowboys.
Places to Eat Near Irving Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Irving, TX furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Via Brazil on W Airport Freeway: This Brazilian steakhouse is a casual restaurant serving various cuts of quality beef. The steaks are richly flavorful and one of the local favorites. They are open for lunch and dinner. It’s designed as a family restaurant and offers take out but not delivery. There is a private parking lot for patrons.
- Andalous Mediterranean Grill on N Macarthur Blvd: Andalous is a Greek restaurant serving lunch and dinner in downtown Irving. There is no alcohol and is open till 9pm on most nights. It's a family restaurant offering take-out and delivery as well. The Maj Noon Chicken and the Spicy Hummus are favorites here along with the Gyros.
- LA Burger on N MacArthur Blvd: LA Burger is a mixed restaurant offering a fusion of flavors like Bulgogi Tacos and Seoul Dogs. Try the K-town burger that uses Korean Flavors in a traditional Beef Burger. The Psychedelic Burger is also worth the try. Prices are affordable and the servings are large.
- Cavalli Pizza on Regent Blvd: A homey pizza restaurant offering authentic flavors and comfortable setting. They are open every weekday for lunch and everyday for dinner. Prices are nominal and servings are adequate. They seat indoors and out. There is no alcohol, but you can bring your own beer.
- Empa Mundo on N Belt Line Rd: Empa Mundo is an Argentinean restaurant that offers inexpensive lunch items and are open all day. Items like the Brisket and Chorizo are favorites here and desserts are inventive, like the Guava and Cheese. Try the Beef Criolla.
Things to do in Irving
Stepping out of your Irving, TX temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Irving, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Irving, TX that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The National Scouting Museum on W Walnut Hill is a museum dedicated to tracing and preserving the history of scouting. Besides the history there is also a shop that carries supplies and they conduct classes and lessons for scouts and anyone who is interested.
- Theater: The Irving Arts Center on North MacArthur Blvd is a multipurpose center that has both stage productions and shows, as well as cultural workshops and classes at its premises. The shows here include classics like the King and I, or the hot musical, Nine.
- Shopping: The Irving Mall is ideal to get shopping, entertainment and dining all in one place. From stores like 504 Salon to American Eagle Outfitters and Best Buy, the mall is well represented with retail opportunity. The AMC theater here is a modern version of movie theaters with its recliner seating.
- Golf: Twin Wells Golf Course on Shady Grove Road is a par 72 course surrounded by mature trees and flying a total of over 6,600 yards. The fairways are forgivingly wide and is perfect to hone beginner's skills.
- Parks: Fritz Park, located on E Vilbig has many facilities. There is disc golf, and grills for barbecues. An amphitheater that has concerts in the summer and a pond that offers a jogging track around it is a great addition to the park. There are also softball fields and gazebos throughout the park.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Irving area including Farmers Branch, University Park, Highland Park, Dallas, Grand Prairie, Cockrell, Arlington, Euless, Fort Worth.
Request a Quote