Those staying in corporate housing in Kansas City, MO for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Kansas City, MO has a Gross Metropolitan Product that makes up over 20% of the Gross State Product of Missouri. It is an important metropolis in terms of corporate presence, manufacturing facilities, agricultural management and government administration. There are even International law firms flourishing here, indicating the international importance Kansas City plays in America’s global participation. In terms of agriculture, some of the most important agricultural influence is located here including Dairy Farmers of America and the Kansas City Board of Trade, which is the central body that facilitates all the wheat that goes into baking bread across the country.In terms of corporates, various industries are well represented including banks like Commerce Bancshare, Applebee’s Restaurants, Hostess Brands and Hallmark Cards. In terms of governing, Kansas City’s largest employer is the US Federal Government, with over 140 federal agencies stationed here to manage the central region of the country. The IRS alone employs more than 4000 full and part time staff in Kansas City to specifically facilitate the processing of paper returns.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Kansas City, MO furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Kansas City’s weather is influenced by its location in the central plains and experiences humid and warm continental weather. Spring warms up rapidly from the winter thaw to average highs of 67°F in April, and continues climbing to a summer peak of 90° in July and stretches to September. Fall hovers at about an average of 68° in October and gets to lows of 25° in December. January’s low of 22° is the coldest in the year. Highest snow levels are in January, and the most rain falls in May. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Kansas City, MO corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Kansas City, MO corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Kansas City’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.Lewis and Clark arrived at the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers in 1804 and noted that the area would be an ideal location to construct a fort. It wasn’t till two years after that did John McCoy move a little inland to establish the West Port, and Westport Landing on a bend close by some time later. This was designed to serve traffic traversing the Missouri and to stop by West Port. It was soon settled by the Kansas Town Company. Westport Landing was incorporated soon after that, in 1850, under the name Town of Kansas
.It had been almost half a century since Lewis and Clark had explored the area and trails heading west were opening up. Three major trails, The Oregon, Santa Fe and California trails all began in Jefferson County, around the Town of Kansas, Westport and Independence. The time when this happened was critical in the unfolding history of American exploration and this area served as the gateway to the west.
Places to Eat Near Kansas City Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Kansas City, MO furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Grunauer on W 22nd St: Grunauer has a long list of tasty sausages on its menu. Its Austrian flavors are apparent in all the dishes and the atmosphere in the bar and dining hall. The Roast Pork with Red Cabbage is a local favorite. There is a full bar and its stocked with numerous German brews and pilsners. Best nights to visit are Thursday and Friday.
- Le Fou Frog on E 5th St: This is a French restaurant that specializes in casual and romantic meals. The service is prompt and proper and the portions are dainty, but have superior taste. Try the Lobster Bisque and Foie Gras to start. Another speciality here is the Lobster Tails with Vanilla Champagne Sauce.
- The Rieger Hotel Grill & Exchange on 1924 Main St: Food that’s typical of an American grill, yet served with the patience of a family restaurant. The soups are made fresh daily and feel home-made. The restaurant is clean and spacious and crowded, especially during dinner. There is some outdoor seating and take out is allowed.
- The Capital Grille on Jefferson St: This is one of the popular steakhouses in Kansas City that has been around for some time. They serve well grilled steaks and fresh lobster tails amidst a strong menu that lends itself well for a casual dinner or a special occasion. There isn’t a formal dress code here, but most people who come here, are dressed well.
- Po’s Dumpling Bar on W 39th St: Po’s is a popular Chinese restaurant that serves a traditional and a fusion menu. Their traditional items include the ubiquitous dumplings and wonton, while their fusion items include the Sesame Balls and the Lettuce Wraps.
Things to do in Kansas City
Stepping out of your Kansas City, MO temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Museums: The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is world renowned for their collection and taste in pieces that rotate through exhibitions. Their Impressionist collection and visiting collection series from France is stunning, and their exhibitions on Picasso are touching. The Museum is open everyday except Mondays and Tuesdays. Admission is free.
- Performing Arts: The Kauffman Center provides a venue and showcases talent from local as well as regional areas. There are musicals and dance as well as plays and choirs that fill the schedule throughout the year.
- Golf: Tiffany Greens on Tiffany Springs Parkway is a Robert Trent Jones II design, ranked top ten in the state. It is a well manicured par 72 championship course featuring a GPS Prolink computerized yardage and scoring system mounted on every cart.
- Parks: Penn Valley Park on W 29th St is an off-leash dog park that caters to dogs of all sizes. There is enough room to let the dogs run. The park also has a jogging track that passes through some nicely wooded areas and has seating along the way to rest and catch your breath.
Whatever your reason for visiting Kansas City, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Kansas City, MO that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.