King of Prussia PA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of King of Prussia, PA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
King of Prussia Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in King of Prussia and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in King of Prussia, PA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. King of Prussia has two significant drivers of its primary economy. The first is from the fact that the city is home to the largest mall in America, with over 25,000 shoppers daily and more than 100,000 shoppers per day during the holidays. The foot traffic is a tremendous source of income and marketing potential. The mall is also one of the most successful in the country with its $600 per square foot average revenue. Its Gross Lettable Area is over 2.8 million square feet, larger than Minnesota’s Mall of America.
Aside from the mall and its ancillary economic potential, King of Prussia is also home to a significant corporate base. Manufacturing facilities owned by Lockheed Martin and offices for AT&T, General Electric, GSK, Pfizer and more than 200 companies have their regional or national headquarters located here.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your King of Prussia, PA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. King of Prussia enjoys four seasons with some influence on its weather from the Atlantic coast. Spring is generally mild, with temperatures averaging 33°F for lows in March, to 62° in April for the high. Summers are warm and humid, reaching a high of 85° in July, while fall temperatures drop to 75° in September and down to lows of 35° in November. Winter stretches between December and March with the coldest month being January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your King of Prussia, PA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in King of Prussia, PA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with King of Prussia’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Prior to its present name, the area was originally referred to as Reeseville by the Welsh immigrants who settled here in the early 18th century. The name belonged to a prominent family who owned most of the land in the surrounding area. In the years following the family's prominence, a tavern, by the name of King of Prussia was established and the area came to be known by that name. The interesting nature and the motivations behind that name are not totally clear, but the folklore is that the name, King of Prussia, is rooted in Benjamin Franklin's satirical essay entitled an "An Edict by the King of Prussia". The name was officially recognized in 1850, when the US Postal Service designated the area as such.
Places to Eat Near King of Prussia Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s King of Prussia, PA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Kabuki Japanese on E Dekalb Pike: Kabuki specializes in sushi and sashimi. It is a charming restaurant with small floor space, and it is always busy. The food is inexpensive, and the ingredients are fresh. They have well trained staff and a welcoming atmosphere.
- Maggiano's Little Italy on Mall Blvd.: Maggiano's offers an authentic menu with extensive variety. Ingredients are fresh, and some are imported. The pastas are created from scratch, and the sauces are made fresh daily. Try the Veal Parm, a specialty and a local favorite.
- Seasons 52 on N Gulph Rd: Seasons is a cross between a health food store and a gourmet kitchen. Everything on the menu is prepared with less than 400 calories. Nothing is fried and no butter is used in anything. Most people crowd this place after spending the day at the mall. Dinner and lunch times are crowded.
- Sullivan's Steakhouse on W Dekalb Pike: Sullivan's is reputed to serve the best steaks in town. Their prices are not cheap, but there is good value in each meal that comes in generous portions with tasty sides. The favorite here, by consensus, seems to be the Kansas City Strip as well as the Filet with Crab meat.
- Creed's Seafood & Steaks on N Gulph Rd: Creed's is a professionally run steakhouse. The food is identical each time and almost no variation. The portions are small, but the prices are on the higher side. The service is superior to most restaurants. Weekends get crowded and it’s advised to make reservations.
Things to do in King of Prussia, PA
Stepping out of your King of Prussia, PA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting King of Prussia, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in King of Prussia, PA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: The closest museum in the area that has national prominence is the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The resident collection is extensive and they bring in collections from other museums for exhibits. The museum campus covers a number of buildings. Most of them are open daily between 10 am and 5 pm, except on Mondays.
- Performing Arts: King of Prussia Players is a non-profit community theater in town. They offer only a few variations to their repertoire each year. What little they do put on is done in grace and style. This team has been together and performing since 1956. The performances are held at the Shannondell Performing Arts Theater.
- Malls: The King of Prussia Mall is the largest mall in America and the highlight of the city. Almost every brand and chain is well represented here, with many of the brand's' flagship stores here. Most restaurants and national food chains, from the Olive Garden to Mcdonald's are here as well.
- Golf: Gulph Mill Golf Club on Sweden Rd is a private club with a meticulously designed 18-hole, par 71, layout designed by Donald Ross. There is a driving range available, as well as a pro and rental clubs. The Championship tee plays 6,289 yards with a slope rating of 131. While the forward tee, a par 74, plays 5,588 yards.
- Parks: The Valley Forge National Historic Park is full of things to do, from relaxing with a book under a shady tree or going on a tour and reliving, through narration, the battles fought here during the Revolution. There are multiple trails for walks, and they are pet friendly. There are also numerous picnic areas, and some even have barbecue pits.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire King of Prussia area including Valley Forge, Bridgeport, Norristown, Plymouth Township, Conshohocken, and West Conshohocken.
Request a Quote