La Crosse WI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of La Crosse, WI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
La Crosse, WI Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in La Crosse and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
La Crosse, WI corporate housing residents in town on business might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. La Cross is an economically diverse city with revenue derived from industry and academics as well as services based in and around the city. Heavy industries from production facilities like Trane's air con plant and City Brewings brewery and motorcycle engine factories provide job opportunities for the residents and a tax base for the county. From a commercial standpoint La Crosse is also a shopping hub for the surrounding suburbs and outlying towns.
The climate in La Crosse is warm in the summer, reaching a high of 86°F in July. Summer temperatures vary between 70 and 85, then taper off to a cooler 55 to 70 degrees in the fall. Winter stretches over November to February with the highs barely in the 30s but the lows dipping to as low as 6°F in January.
Places to Eat Near La Crosse Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s La Crosse, WI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- HuHot Mongolian Grill on State Rd: This Mongolian Grill will make its mark on the gastronomic scene in the area in the near future, if it hasn't already. They have interesting names for the various items on the menu, but all of them have one thing in common, they are there to explode within your senses. How it works is that you chose from a selection of meats and dishes then chose the sauces that go with them, you can increase the heat according to the heat rating they have here and you can increase or reduce that to your preference.
- Edwardo's Ristorante di Pizza on Rose St: The place is jam packed on the weekends, so when you come, bring your appetite and be ready to have a great time here. This is Wisconsin, so you know the people are going to be friendly and up for a great time. The food magnificent and the good times will keep you rolling. Have a feast, why don't you? Have a ball and rock in the weekend. Try the Smoked Cheese, Sausage and Prosciutto Pizza or the 5 Cheeses Pizza that is gloriously baked in a wood fired oven.
- New Taste of India on Jackson St.: Everything here is spiced with a light touch, so you're going to enjoy it even after the meal is over. Try the Garlic Naan and the creamy sauce that comes with it will blow your mind. The Tandoori chicken during the winter and you will make you feel like Superman. The Indian breads really are something else, and if you've never enjoyed authentic Indian food, this would be the great way to introduce your senses to it.
- Freight House Restaurant on Vine St: If you like meat, and lot of it, then this is the place you want to visit. Ribeyes, T-Bones, Filet or even Top Sirloin are some of the cuts that are marinated and grilled to perfection. They are served tender and succulent. The flavors are gregarious and bold. Nothing subtle about it, this is a man's restaurant, when it comes to beef. On top of the steak, pile on the Shrimp and Scallops or even the Lobster to make it into a surf and Turf.
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches on Pearl St: Not every meal needs to be an event. Sometimes you just want to grab a good sandwich and be on your way, but yet you need that meal to taste good and energize your stride with the boost you need at lunch time. For those times you have Jimmy John's. The J.J. Gargantuan is inspiring, to say the least. It is a giant of a sub, packed with smoked ham, capicola, roast beef, provolone and a long list of meats and cheese that will hit the spot.
Things to do in La Crosse
Stepping out of your La Crosse, WI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting La Crosse, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a La Crosse, WI furnished apartment that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museums: There aren't many other places in town that will acquaint you with the rich history of La Crosse. While there isn't a long list to chose from, places like the Swarthout Museum on 9th St S. There is another museum, the Children's Museum of La Crosse on 207 5th Ave S. Once you've had a chance to visit those two, there is also the Hixon House on 7th St N.
- Performing Arts: Visit theaters like Weber Center for the Performing Arts on Front Street South. The theater is situated on the university campus and has a number of major performances each year.
- Malls: The mall in this town, where you will find almost anything you need, is the Valley View Mall Shopping Center on Wisconsin's Rt 16.
- Golf: To help you get started, here are a few courses you might enjoy within a few minutes drive. The first one is Forest Hills Golf Club on Losey Blvd N. Once you get the hang of that one, you may like to try Walsh Golf Center on County Road B.
- Parks and Recreation: The City offers some of the best parks and recreation facilities in the area. They manage nature trails and aquatic centers for the community. At some of these parks you can swim, golf, play tennis and even hike along wooded trails. All this is managed by the City of La Crosse.
Request a Quote