Lafayette LA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The city is also a major tourist attraction in the South and a center of Creole and Cajun Culture, boosting the City's stature as a tourist destination and a haven for food enthusiasts. As part of the tourism dollar that streams into the city, the level of entertainment contributes to the economic prosperity of the city. These include dance clubs and sports bars, including live music venue tourist destinations in Lafayette's downtown, district which makes the Acadiana region into nightlife hub. The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Unit and National Guard Headquarters are based in the city, making the Federal government one of the major sources of economic well being for the city.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Lafayette, LA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Lafayette LA Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Lafayette and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Lafayette, LA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Lafayette has a diverse economy with the health care and service industries serving as its major economic drivers. It was primarily anchored in agriculture until the 1940s, after which natural gas and petroleum replaced agriculture and became the city’s significant driver, alongside reduced agriculture.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Lafayette, LA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Lafayette experiences a subtropical climate with warm humid summers and mild winters. Spring is mild with temperatures between 72°F in March and 86° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 92°F in July and August. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 82° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 48° in November. Winters are warm, stretching from December to January with lows in the 40s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Lafayette, LA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Lafayette, LA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Lafayette’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Cajun and Creole are the major dominant culture in the city. These cultures are known primarily for their cuisine but there is more than just food that defines them and this city. The city is considered the core of Acadiana, the area of Cajun culture in Louisiana, which was developed when the Acadians settled in Lafayette after their expulsion from Eastern Canada by the British after the Seven Years War. The Louisiana Creole culture, originated from the east of New Orleans. They are descendants of French colonists and African slaves. They are predominantly Catholic, and speak French.
Lafayette was named in honor of General Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette. General Lafayette is considered a hero who courageously helped the Americans during the Revolution. Prior to that, Lafayette was originally known as Vermilionville.
Places to Eat Near Lafayette Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Lafayette, LA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Charley G's Seafood Grill on Ambassador Caffery Pkwy: Charlie's is a great finger food restaurant that serves an array of appetizers like their famous coconut shrimp, roasted garlic and brie and smoked duck. Most of their dishes are prepared in the local Cajun tradition, but there are also regular flavors as well. They have a bar that serves local beer and wine. Charley G's is popular for its grilling over southern hardwoods. The menu is seasonal.
- Blue Dog Cafe on W Pinhook Rd.: Blue Dog is famous for its Cajun & Creole creations and is frequented by families and large crowds. There is a full bar that serves popular cocktails. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Weekends are busy and it is advisable to have a reservation.
- Vermilionville on Fisher Rd.: This is a favorite tourist spot. Vermillion is a collection of either original homes or replicas of homes that belong to the original Cajun settlers to this region of Louisiana. With Wheelchair accessible and attire being casual and ambience touristy, noise level will definitely be low. Just beer and wine service for alcohol consumers can be profiting for outdoor seating
- City Club at River Ranch: A full bar with ample outdoor seating make this club a popular after work hangout. Meals are priced above average. The club is open between 4:30 am and 9:00 pm weekdays.
Places to go in Lafayette, LA
Stepping out of your Lafayette, LA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Lafayette, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Lafayette, LA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Lafayette Science Museum on Jefferson Street offers a fun, hands-on experience for curious minds of all ages.
- Theater: The Heymann Center on S College Rd is a fine theater to visit, with its superior acoustics and plush seating. They showcase ballets and vocals through the year amidst performances of classical plays and entertaining skits.
- Park: The Acadiana Park on E Alexander St is a popular destination for the environmentally conscious and those seeking a respite. It includes walking paths and hiking trails and benches along the way. There is also a small gazebo and a pond.
Request a Quote