Las Vegas Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Las Vegas corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Las Vegas Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Las Vegas and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Las Vegas, NV for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Las Vegas derives its income from the tourist's dollar. Tourism is distinguished between the casual tourists viewing the sites, the gamblers coming for the casinos, as well as convention attendees attending the numerous conventions held here every year. The primary industries of tourism are a significant reason and driver of the secondary business and services which include food and beverage, and accommodations. The third level of the economy consists of business to business logistics and supplies that service the business and the residents in the area.
The casinos downtown along the Strip are not merely gambling locations. They also contain numerous shows and entertainment. Performances here range from musicals to plays and dinner theater and circus acts.
Those staying in corporate housing in Las Vegas, NV for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Las Vegas experiences a hot dessert climate, influenced by the Mojave Dessert. Spring is mild with temperatures ranging from 43°F in February to 78° in April. Summers are hot, reaching a high of 104° in July and 102° in August, while fall averages in the mid 80s in October. Lowest temperatures average 38° in December, which the coldest month of the year. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Las Vegas, NV corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Las Vegas, NV corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Las Vegas’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The area was originally occupied by Paiute Indians who congregated around patches of fertile land that thrived on the waters that flowed in subterranean aquifers and artesian wells. These patches of fertile land, the meadows, were called vegas in Spanish and were so referred to when the Mexican Scouts first surveyed the area under Rafael Rivera. They eventually called the area Las Vegas.
In 1855, Brigham Young sent 30 missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Las Vegas to evangelize the Paiute Indians. The missionaries set up a fort in the area to facilitate travelers traversing the area in what was slowly becoming Mormon country. The Mormon Corridor eventually stretched from Salt Lake City to San Bernardino, California and Las Vegas provided a brief stop to the travelers within the corridor.
As pioneers increased in the area on their way westward, Las Vegas became an important stopover for supplies and lodging. The area increased in importance with the arrival of the railroad and a stop being built in Las Vegas.
Places to Eat Near Las Vegas Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Las Vegas furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Tom Collicchio's Craftsteak on Las Vegas Boulevard S: One of the five star restaurants noted for its steaks. They serve imported Wagyu beef that is tender and naturally well flavored. There is tremendous attention to detail in the way customers are served and the way each plate is presented. Even the complimentary bread basket is filled with delicious, freshly baked artisan bread. The appetizers are generous and the main meals are portioned adequately.
- Picasso at the Bellagio Resort and Casino on “The Strip”: This is a romantic restaurant, and a great place to host a special occasion. It is an upscale venue with well trained staff and superior food presentation. Portions are fair and prices are high, but the restaurant is designed to celebrate and impress. The bar is well stocked and cocktails are generous. Formal dress code is required.
- Joel Robuchon on Las Vegas Boulevard South: This is an upscale restaurant that caters especially for special occasions and an evening of fine dining. There is no WiFi and it is not Kid-Friendly. Formal dress code is required. The bread cart here is famous for its fresh-baked items. The wine selection is extensive and the menu is designed around the proper selection of wine.
- Lotus of Siam on E Sahara Boulevard: They do not have a full bar here, just beer and a limited wine selection. The food is authentically Thai, with a distinct taste of lemongrass and basil in most of the dishes. The Thai Soups are well flavored and the favorite among frequent visitors is the Drunken Noodle with Crispy Duck.
- Texas de Brazil on S Las Vegas Boulevard: This is an all-you-can-eat Texas styled buffet. The salad bar is extensive with wide varieties of fresh garden and exotic vegetables, as well as more than just a few dressing choices. The steak, chicken and pork are also well cooked and presented.
Things to do in Las Vegas
Stepping out of your Las Vegas, NV temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Las Vegas, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Las Vegas, NV that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Las Vegas Natural History Museum on Las Vegas Blvd has various exhibits that celebrate the human experience and beyond. From the treasures of Egyptian history to the gallery of prehistoric life and the understanding of mummification, this museum is a wealth of information.
- Theater: The Smith Center in Las Vegas is a premier classical theater that delivers significant performances including symphonies and operas. It is designed after some of the world's most famous opera theaters, including the Palais Garnier in Paris and the La Scala in Milan. It is the center stage for visiting Ballet troupes, Symphony Orchestras and world class operatic performances.
- Malls: The Boulevard in Las Vegas is a full service mall with most of the national and local brands well represented in terms of retail, food and beverage. Restaurants like Applebee's and kiosks like Auntie Annie's and Mrs Fields are here along with stores like Body Sharper Secrets and Foot Locker. The mall is anchored by Sears, JCPenneys and Macy's.
- Golf: The Snow Mountain Golf Resort is a magnificent course in Las Vegas that opened in 1995. It spreads across 7,146 yards from the back tee over a par-72 course. The risk-reward is very satisfying in this Pete Dye designed course. One amazing design feature is that there are no parallel fairways. It won the 'Number One Public Access Course' Award by Golf Digest.
Request a Quote
Seven Suburbs for Corporate Housing in Las Vegas, NV
If you're looking for Las Vegas corporate housing, here are seven options that won't feel like a roll of the dice:
- Downtown Las Vegas: Do you notice how the first thing every residential community boasts about is how close they are to the Strip? Why not live where the action is, and take in all the best of Las Vegas? Most of the furnished apartments on the Strip are luxury condominiums, with the finest in interior design and incredible views of the Las Vegas lights.
- Anthem: If the country club atmosphere appeals to you, then living in corporate housing in Anthem will suit your style perfectly. Anthem is known for its exclusive gated neighborhoods and adult retirement communities. The Anthem Country Club has a championship golf course designed by Hale Irwin and Keith Foster, as well as a state-of-the art fitness center and tennis. And when you're not enjoying the country club, you'll surely be out enjoying the beautiful mountain views and desert terrain.
- Lake Las Vegas: Just 17 miles from the Strip is Lake Las Vegas, like an oasis in the desert sun. Lake Las Vegas has world-class hotels and spas, an amazing golf course, and a variety of options for residential communities. From luxury condominiums to golf villas to executive homes, Lake Las Vegas has the kind of corporate housing that best suits your needs. Here you can center your life around the lake, and enjoy golfing, shopping, dining and gaming to your heart's content.
- Summerlin: If you're living in corporate housing with a family, you may want to consider the suburb of Summerlin. Known for its public and private schooling options, as well as its access to recreation and entertainment, the planned community of Summerlin is an excellent place to raise a family. The city is surrounded by beautiful mountains, and has tree-lined streets and European roundabouts. If you're living in corporate housing in Summerlin, you'll want a longer lease so that you can check out all that the city has to offer.
- Green Valley Ranch: If you like to go out but want a little distance between yourself and the over-the-top excitement of the Strip, then Green Valley Ranch is for you. Located about 10 minutes away from the Strip, Green Valley Ranch has its own nightclubs, casino, resort and spa. The District is a trendy shopping area with high-end stores and dining. If you're looking for a furnished apartment in Green Valley Ranch, make sure it is near the resort or the District.
- Seven Hills: Rome was founded on seven hills, and this is where the city takes its name. Like all great communities, Seven Hills has easy access to transportation (Interstate 15 and the I-215 Beltway), edifying diversions (consider golfing at the Rio Secco golf course), and an extensive system of parks (four in all with tennis, volleyball, basketball, a soccer field, picnic areas, tot lots, pedestrian walkways and bikeways). All roads will lead you to Seven Hills corporate housing.
- Inspirada: Inspirada is the only New Urbanist community in the Las Vegas metropolitan area. New Urbanism is defined as being an urban design movement that promotes walkable neighborhoods and a variety of housing and job types. Inspirada not only seeks to inspire its residents through beautiful architecture and design, but also seeks to inspire them to leave healthy, active lifestyles through a variety of recreation. If you live in an Inspirada furnished apartment, you will surely be inspired by the community around you.