Manitowoc WI Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
From her shipbuilding past, arose a number of other manufacturing industries, one of which was food packaging companies and other diversified manufacturing concerns. One such company is the Lakeside Foods Company, headquartered here.
Healthcare is major economic engine in the area with two thriving medical groups being setup in the area. The first is the Holy Family Memorial Medical Center and the other is the Aurora Health Care group that provides their main service from a facility in Two Rivers manages a number of clinics throughout the county.
Academic establishments are also an economic contributor to the area, with three tertiary institutions located here, Lakeshore Technical College, University of Wisconsin and Silver Lake College. Together, they have more than 5,000 students enrolled in their undergraduate and technical programs.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Manitowoc, WI corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Manitowoc Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Manitowoc and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Manitowoc, WI for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Manitowoc’s industry is driven by its location on Lake Michigan. It is nicknamed Wisconsin’s Maritime Capital because of its prevalence in ship and boat building. This shipbuilding practice has been a long heritage of the community. Today, custom designed boats and yachts are built here for customers. The Burger Boat company is located in Manitowoc and is the oldest custom boat designer and builder in the country.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Manitowoc, WI furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Manitowoc enjoys four distinct seasons. Summers are mildly warm and humid with temperatures rising to 82°F with lows in the 60s in July. In the fall, temperatures cool to lows of 50°F in September then to lows of 38°F in October. Days are cool with temperatures in the 60s. Winter is characterized by temperatures in the 20s in November and extending to March, before warming up to spring in April with temperatures of 56°. January is the coldest with lows in the teens. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Manitowoc, WI corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Manitowoc, WI corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Manitowoc’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Among the first European settlers in the area were the Stanleys, Matthew and his wife. They arrived in the area in the early 19th century just prior to President Andrew Jacksons land sale initiative in the region. Upon President Jackson's authorization, speculators began buying up tracts of land in the area. The first two on record were William Jones and Louis Fizette. Their purchase was recorded in the registry as being effected in 1835. Immigrants, primarily from Germany, Norway, England and Ireland began setting here by 1870, when the city was incorporated.
The first sea vessel to be built in the area was the Citizen. It was built in 1847 by Joseph Edwards. Edwards' schooner was the start of a long and successful shipbuilding industry that goes on till today. The ships that have been built in the city have been used for fishing and trading, plying routes along the Great Lakes. That even led to the construction of ships of the US Government. Ships and submarines for the war effort during WWII were built here.
Places to Eat Near Manitowoc Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Manitowoc, WI furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Courthouse Pub on S 8th St.: Courthouse pub is a steakhouse restaurant and bar that has a selection of premium liquors and house brews. Prices are average and they are open from 11 am to 9 pm daily. Their menu is very British in nature. Try their Beef Wellington.
- 8th & York on N 8th St.: 8th & York is located inside an old bank building that serves American and Thai food. Prices are affordable and they are open Tuesday to Saturday from 11 am - 9 pm. The food is fresh with authentic flavors in parts of the menu. Try their famous Pad Thai.
- Luigi’s Italian Restaurant on Calumet Ave.: Luigi’s Italian serves authentic in a pizza parlor styled environment. They also have other Italian cuisine in their menu. There is a full bar and an arcade area. Prices are below average and they are open from 8:30 am – 9 pm daily. Try their Sicilian pasta.
- Legend Larry’s on S 10th St.: Legend Larry’s sports bar usually serves chicken wings and beer while you watch your favorite sport. They are known for their sauce recipes that won first place in a national competition. Prices are cheap and they are open every Monday to Tuesday from 3 pm – 2 am and Wednesday to Sunday from 11 am – 2 am.
- Tijuana Rose Baja Grill and Cantina on S 10th St.: Tijuana Rose is a restaurant that serves Mexican foods. They also have a full bar with a wide variety of beers and wines to choose from. Prices are cheap and affordable. Try their vegetarian tacos.
Things to do in Manitowoc, WI
Stepping out of your Manitowoc, WI temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Manitowoc, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Manitowoc, WI that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Wisconsin Maritime Museum located in Maritime Drive lets you explore, engage and experience the different kind of ships and submarines that’s been used during World War II. They also have education programs for kids and model ship galleries. They are open 9 am to 5 pm daily.
- Zoo: The Lincoln Park Zoo operates all year and comes under the city's Parks and Recreation department. There are tours and exhibits along with the live animals, many of which are maintained in relatively identical habitats as their natural environment.
- Parks: The Woodland Dunes Nature Center located in S 9th Street is a 1300 acre park that is being preserved by the community. The park also allows skiing during winter season. Visitors can hike the trails, learn from the interpretive display and enjoy the freedom of the Little Wings nature play area.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Manitowoc area including Two Rivers and Kewaunee.
Request a Quote