Marina del Rey CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Marina del Rey, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Marina del Rey Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Marina del Rey and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Marina del Rey, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Marina del Rey is an incorporated, seaside community on the southern coast of California located in Los Angeles County. It is an affluent neighborhood, and most of the city is built to cater to this affluent segment of society. It boasts one of the largest collections of marinas that, all together, have the capacity to moor and care for over 6,500 vessels! Marina del Rey is driven by these 19 marinas and the corollary vacation market.
Real estate is also an important aspect of this western LA County coastal enclave. None of the land is for sale in Marina del Ray, but instead the owner, the County, engages in long term leases of the property. Property value here is constantly appreciating due to the region being a vacation and holiday area. Its proximity to LA International airport makes it an ideal location for those traveling longer distances to arrive at their vacation homes. Many of the boat owners leave their vessels here during the rest of the year.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Marina del Rey, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Marina del Rey has a Mediterranean climate tempered by the cool Pacific. Its annual temperature varies between its mild Spring of 72°F in April to 77° in June. Summers warm up a little but do not get past 81° in August. Fall temperatures average 77° in October, then continue to cool down to lows of 46° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Marina del Rey, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Marina del Rey, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Marina del Rey’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
Marina del Rey was a salt-marsh fed by fresh water from the Ballona Creek. The initial idea to convert it to a commercial harbor was in 1888, but the venture fell on financial insolvency. A few years later the area was re-evaluated to be a commercial harbor by the Army Corps of Engineers, and they initially determined that it was not financially feasible to proceed. Then the US government decided to have them reevaluate it; and the second time around, even though the verdict was less negative, the funding did not go to Marina del Rey but instead went to the Port of Los Angeles.
Nevertheless, the marina eventually was constructed. In 1963, in the midst of the finishing touches of the completed marina, a winter storm tore though much of the area and inflicted tremendous damage to the infrastructure as well as many of the vessels moored in the harbor. This made the planners decide to build a breakwater to prevent future storm damage. The city appropriated an additional $2 million; and finally, after almost 78 years since the first attempt by M.C. Wicks to convert the area, Marina del Rey was completed. The final tally worked out to be $36 million in total expenditure to get the marina built.
Places to Eat Near Marina del Rey Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Marina del Rey, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- C & O Trattoria on Washington Blvd: It is a moderately priced restaurant serving authentic Italian fare in a casual ambiance. They accept reservations and offer delivery and take-out services. Bar is limited to beer and wine. Try the Shrimp Ravioli and Antipasto Salad.
- Marina Grill & Bar on Admiralty Way: Marina Grill & Bar is an affordable restaurant serving contemporary American food at reasonable prices, suitable for intimate dinners. They are open seven days a week and accept reservations. An assortment of wine, beer and cocktails are available. Garage parking makes it convenient for patrons. Try the Roast Beef and Tuna Steak.
- Gjelina on Abbot Kinney Blvd: Gjelina is a pricey restaurant which offers Modern American cuisine alongside a variety of vegetarian dishes as well. It is a trendy and modern place where they offer take-out facility. Reservations are encouraged, especially during the weekends. The bar only serves wine and beer. Parking is available on street. Try the Butterscotch Pot De Crème and Arugula.
- Paiche on Maxella Ave: It is a high-priced, indulgent restaurant, which offers a comprehensive seafood menu cooked in Peruvian style. They accept reservations, which are recommended on most nights. Garage parking is available. Try Uni Shrimp Toast and Beef Filet.
- Irori Japanese Restaurant on Glencoe Ave: This place offers authentic Japanese cuisine and Sushi at reasonable price. It has a traditional Japanese setting where the visitors are requested to take-off their shoes. They offer floor seating, in specially constructed pits. Reservations are encouraged. Private parking is available. Try the Tuna and Salmon.
Things to do in Marina Del Rey
Stepping out of your Marina del Rey, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Marina del Rey, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Marina del Rey, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Yacht Club: The marinas here are vast and well equipped. Off the many marinas here, the California Yacht Club is one of the oldest and most visited. It has long seafaring traditions and a modern facility where you will find some of the best vessels.
- Ballona Wetlands: The Ballona Wetlands is historic in its relevance to the city and it is one of the best places to go duck hunting even to this day. The area is a natural preserve and offers a unique vantage of the area's unique geography.
- Park: Glen Alla Park is located on Alla Rd. This is a cozy park where they have separate grassy and sand areas. It is a fairly developed but un-staffed facility which is open seven days a week, from dawn to dusk. This place has lighted and outdoor basketball courts, children's play area, picnic table and a long walking trail. On Fridays, they have a small farmers market as well.
Request a Quote