Milwaukee Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
The city's population is just over half a million with a density of approximately 6000 people per square mile. Milwaukee residents are fortunate in that there is no dense population and heavy traffic to contend with. The temperature here is pretty cool, all year round. The highs usually get into the 80s between June and July then taper off. When you pack for your stay here, make sure you always have warm attire, regardless if you're here in the summer. It can get chilly in the evenings.
Almost Home Corporate Housing – Milwaukee WI
7424 West Crawford Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53220
Milwaukee Corporate Housing: Getting to Know the Area
Milwaukee is an amazing city that is beautifully situated on the shore of Lake Michigan. It is 90 minutes north of Chicago on I-94, about 90 minutes south of Green Bay on I-43 and about another 90 minutes to the east of Madison on I-94. It is the home of Harley Davidson, and if you are a biker or a bike fan, you would want to visit the Harley museum. There are five other Fortune 500 companies here, as well as large insurance companies. Most business visitors here take advantage of corporate housing in Milwaukee instead of staying at hotels.
The city used to be strong in the brewery industry, which is why names like Pabst still carry a lot of sway here, but overall the brewery industry here is miniscule despite the reputation of being the brewery capital. Tourism is a major contributor to the local area, attracting almost five million tourists annually and generating almost $2 billion in revenues. Milwaukee is also a major inland shipping hub and is the largest city in Wisconsin.
Five Areas to Consider for Milwaukee Corporate Housing
If you are looking for a furnished apartment in Milwaukee, here are seven suburbs that you may want to consider:
- Mequon: In July 2005, Mequon was ranked 19th out of 100 of the best small cities in America, as judged by CNN Money magazine. With over 20 city and county parks, it's easy to see why. Mequon furnished apartments are a little slice of genteel country living within a short drive from all that Milwaukee has to offer.
- Brookfield: Brookfield is the leading commercial suburb of Milwaukee. With many notable residents, including the inventory of Shrinky Dinks (formerly the mayor of Brookfield) and an NFL player, you'll be in fine company in Milwaukee corporate housing in Brookfield.
- Downtown Milwaukee/Third Ward: The Third Ward is a warehouse district in Milwaukee that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Home to the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, the Eisner Museum of Advertising and Design, and adjacent to the Summerfest grounds, there is plenty to see and do in Third Ward corporate housing.
- Bay View: Bay View is another neighborhood that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With plenty of hole-in-the-wall bars and entertainment venues, Milwaukee furnished apartments in Bay View are located in a young, hip, and friendly neighborhood.
- Wauwatosa: If you are a traveling medical professional in need of Wauwatosa corporate housing, you will find the area to have a laid back, middle class suburban feel. With a population of just over 44,000 people, Wauwautosa is still small enough for there to be familiar faces in the crowd.
- Brown Deer: If you love to golf, then you will want to live in a Brown Deer furnished apartment. The area is known for the Brown Deer Park Golf Course, one of the finest public golf courses in the nation, that has been played by many celebrity golfers.
Things to Do in Milwaukee
Sure you're here on business and you're living in Milwaukee temporary housing, but you also deserve to have some fun. So come on, let your hair hang out and explore some of the things this magnificent town has to offer. Not everything is on obvious display so you will get to learn the ropes as you spend some time here and make friends, but for now these few locations will get you started.
When you arrive, your Milwaukee corporate apartment complex concierge should be well versed in everything you need. You have your food situation sorted with all the choices here, and you have a number of things to do that will keep you from getting bored till you find your way around. The natives are wonderful people and don't be surprised if you make more than just a few lasting friendships before you go home.
- Museums: There are a few museums here worth spending the afternoon, the entire day or the entire weekend. One of them is the Harley Davidson Museum located on W Canal St. There is even a restaurant there that servers pretty delicious meals. Another museum you will want to try out is the Milwaukee Public Museum on W Wells St, just down the street from Port of Call. The museum has an IMAX theatre that is worth a visit as well. There is also the Milwaukee Art Museum on N Art Museum Dr. Its a fantastic way to spend the afternoon.
- Performances: One of the best places to enjoy good quality performances is at the Marcus Center on N Water St. There is also the Pabst Theatre on E Wells St across City Hall and just a stones throw from Port of Call. Another great place for performances is at the Riverside Theatre. Check the Pabst website for programs.
- Golf: There are a number of astounding courses in and around Milwaukee. Take the time to explore them all if you are here for some time. They all offer something unique and they all find a way of giving you the best experience in the game. The Dretzka Park Golf Course on W Bradley Rd. Its an 18-hole designer course that has a lot of water elements in its design. There is also the Tripoli Country Club that offers tennis an aquatics amidst a social setting that you would want to be a part off. The course itself is well designed and maintained and one of the best courses in the state. Another good course maintained by the state is the Brown Deer Park Course that is in excellent condition.
- Architecture: If you are one of those that loves buildings and classic architecture, you will love what Milwaukee has to offer. For starters, Milwaukee City Hall is an amazing building Victorian architecture. It is on E Wells St just across the Pabst Theatre. The Gesu Church is another awesome building completed in 1894. it located on W Wisconsin Ave. The Pabst Mansion is an architectural masterpiece located on W Wisconsin Ave. It was completed in 1892. It was designed and owned by Captain Frederick Pabst, founder of the Pabst Brewing Company.
- Milwaukee Riverwalk along the Milwaukee River: In downtown Milwaukee the lake dominates almost every aspect of daily life. It is an awesome balance to the concrete structures that have ascended along the water and it acts as a reprieve, a moment of pause for those in search of nature and even a point of relaxation. The river walk meanders through the city in lockstep with the river and passes numerous riverside restaurants.
Request a Quote