Nashville Town Summary InformationAlmost Home offers a brief snippet of information about this charming town to our corporate housing residents as well as potential clients. We trust you might get to know this town a little before you step foot into one of our Nashville corporate apartments. Nashville sinks its roots in historic cultures and industries. As with most old cities, this city too is built around the activities of a river, in this case the Cumberland River. While here, we encourage you to immerse yourself into the city’s heritage and culture.
Nashville’s Business EnvironmentNashville is the center of the country music world as well as some more contemporary music, and is thus appropriately nicknamed, “Music City”. It is no surprise that a major part of this city’s economic base is rooted in the entertainment industry. Most of the industry is centered on Music Row, where the largest players in the industry have offices. Manufacturing is also slowly returning to Nashville with companies like Nissan moving its North American offices and plant to the Nashville area.
Climate to Prepare for When Staying in Nashville Corporate HousingFrom a weather perspective, you should dress light. It can get pretty steamy during the summer here in Nashville. Record temperatures are set here during the summer and can easily clear 105°F in June. The average 80 degree temperature lasts between June and September. The evenings do offer some reprieve, in these hot months, dropping down to a comfortable range between 50 and 70 degrees between May and September. In the winter, there isn’t much snow to speak of. In the summer expect thunderstorms and even tornado activity; so if you’re here in the summer, make sure you know your corporate housing building’s shelter location and evacuation procedures.
Places to Eat Near Nashville Furnished ApartmentsThere are no words to eloquently capture the delectable flavor that resides in each bite of southern cooking. You can’t appreciate food at a fast food joint, but you can savor the taste of the south at one of the many local food establishments here. Almost Home recommends the following restaurants to our Nashville furnished apartment clients. These five will get you started.
- J’s Gumbos on 4th Ave.: This is a local favorite. It’s definitely not something that you need a tie and jacket for, but do bring your appetite. This place has a long history and a long tradition of serving some of Tennessee’s favorite delicacies. The Gumbo is a mainstay favorite and the Bourbon Street Chicken is too. The Jambalaya is sumptuous and the Crawfish Etouffee is an all time favorite.
- The Southern Steak and Oyster on 3rd Ave South: For an authentic taste of the south, you can visit almost any of the local restaurants and come away satisfied, but this particular place is going to make your mouth water each time you even think about it. Try the Crab Cake Salad, the Barbecuban, and the Old South Cheeseburger.
- Margot Cafe and Bar on Woodlands St.: You’ll feel like you were transported to 19th century France with the way this place looks as you enter. The Hors d’oeuvres are sumptuous, and the Salads are fresh. Try Kale Salad. Also, the Chef Margot’s Pizza with Braised Short Ribs and Brie is something to experience. Whatever you order, you will realize that this is a very unique place in Nashville, one worthy of many repeat visits.
- Jack’s Bar-B-Que on Broadway: This place is serious about BBQ. There are three locations in Nashville. From Smoked Boston Turkey to the St Louis Style RIbs the food will not disappoint. The Pulled Pork and Smoked Sausages are tantalizing and the BBQ Plates with the St. Louis Ribs are done to perfection.
- The Smiling Elephant on 8th Ave South: Whether you are a Thai Food fan or you just like an Asian twist, you are going to love the way things are done here. From the decor to the menu, nothing is left to chance and designed specifically for your dining pleasure. Try the Rice Paper Rolls and the Curry with Rice, or better yet the Seafood Hot Pot.