Orlando Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Orlando, FL corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Orlando Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Orlando and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Orlando, FL for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Orlando is a diverse and busy metropolitan area with over two million residents engaged in an array of industries, ranging from education, to defense and technology. It has a vibrant tourism industry that includes a multi-billion dollar hospitality sector and an equally busy convention sector, as well as theme parks, golf courses and other tourist related infrastructure.
The technology industry alone is valued at over $13 billion and employs more than 50,000 people while live in and around Orlando. Real estate and housing construction is a major sector in Orlando du to this fact. There are huge investments annually in the building, maintaining and upgrading activities of infrastructure, residential housing and commercial buildings.
Education in Orlando is dominated by high end institutions serving the aerospace industry and the technology sector. Academic institutions represent a significant portion of income generated and time spent in Orlando. With over 25 private universities and colleges in Orlando, ranging in focus from technology and culinary to hospitality and even broadcasting, Orlando's university-based economy is a major impetus for the consumer industry, real estate start up businesses that rely on fresh graduate entering the workforce every year.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Orlando, FL furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Orlando enjoys a tropical climate that varies in humidity during the course of the year. Summer highs range between 88º and 92ºF in May through September, with the highest temperatures of 92º experienced from July through August. Rainfall is also highest during these months and is part of the tropical, late evening thunderstorms that are typical through much of Florida. Fall temperatures average a high of 85° in October, then continues to cool down to winter's lows of 49° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Orlando, FL corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Orlando, FL corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Orlando’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The Creek tribes of Native Americans populated the area that is now Orlando before the arrival of the Europeans. Lake Gatlin serves as the archeological site that evidences their existence and dates their civilization.
The town was originally called Jernigan, after the first settler in the area - Aaron Jernigan. Jernigan had purchased a strip of land along Lake Holden for his cattle ranch. Jernigan's name continued to the point that it was changed to its present name, Orlando, after Orlando Reeves, the soldier that defended that area in the Second Seminole War. The change was mooted due to Jernigan's unacceptable military actions that made him more notorious than the local Natives he was supposed to fight against.
In modern times, Orlando's fame came to the forefront during the Spanish American War and at the onset of World War I. This time rapid development and modern town planning and home building techniques had developed in the area and was fueled by the incoming settlers.
World War II increased the population due to the Army base nearby; and after the war, returning servicemen settled down in Orlando. At the end of the war and after a brief respite, Florida saw the defense related aerospace industry take prominence with companies like Martin Marietta.
Places to Eat Near Orlando Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Orlando, FL furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and fun. However, many of our residents still like dining out. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Se7en Bites on N Primrose Dr.: Se7en Bites is a locally owned and operated bakery/deli that has a loyal following every day of the week. The menu is designed with seasonal items based on the ingredients that are freshest. The owner makes fresh pimento cheese which is a favorite all year round, as are the Biscuits and gravy. Try the Chicken Pot Pie and The Southern that comes with bacon, biscuit, Pimento cheese and grits.
- The Gnarly Barley on S Orange Ave.: Gnarly is a Tex-Mex pub and sandwich joint that believes in strong flavors and inexpensive dining. Their Chicken Taco is a local favorite and it is priced slightly as well. The restaurant is kid friendly yet manages to keep a conducive environment to lay back and have a good meal. They are good for lunch and dinner.
- Ban Min Na Thrang on E Colonial Dr.: This is a sandwich shop that heavily favors Vietnamese flavors. They are open daily between 10 am and 7pm every day except Thursdays. It's a no-frills self service place as you walk though the counter with your order. Lunch and dinner menus hardly every get past ten bucks.
- Hot Krust Panini Kitchen on Turkey Lake Rd: Hot Krust is open every day between 8:30 am and 8:00 pm except on Sundays. They offer an Italian spin on sandwiches and have salads as well. The Steak Sandwich is popular here and the deserts are never forgotten by regulars. They offer a casual ambiance and serve beer and wine. They also have free Wi-Fi.
- Mediterranean Deli on W Fairbanks Ave.: As the name suggests, this place serves all the traditional Mediterranean cuisine from fattoush to tabbouleh and of course, gyros. They are open for brunch all the way to dinner between 10 am and 8 pm and are closed on Sundays. Meals are always under ten bucks here. Try the Greek Salad.
Things to Do in Orlando
Stepping out of your Orlando, FL temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your purposes for visiting this amazing city, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Orlando, FL that is perfectly arranged to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Parks: There are a number of amusement and theme parks in Orlando, for which it is internationally famed. Orlando, however, is also home to a number of local parks and recreation
- Malls: The Florida Mall covers 1.8 million square feet and is one of the largest malls in the country, and is the largest mall in Florida. it holds over 200 stores and anchors including JCPenny, Sears, Dillard's and Macy's.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Orlando Shakespeare Theater is a popular, nationally acclaimed theater that presents the Bard's works throughout the year. It comprises local and visiting actors and performances are usually sold out in advance.
- Sports: There are a number of sports franchises located in Orlando, the most popular of which of course is NBA's Orlando Magic. Their home games are played at the Amway Center that seats more than 18,000.
Request a Quote
Six Orlando Corporate Housing Areas to Consider
Whether you are relocating to Orlando to live there or simply there on an extended stay, whatever your reason you will want to explore the different neighborhoods by living in a corporate apartment. If you are looking for a furnished apartment in Orlando, here are six options that you may want to consider:
- Heathrow/Lake Mary: This area is a located in a master planned, gated community with golf and lake frontage. Heathrow/Lake Mary corporate housing is in a safe community with lots of amenities to choose from.
- Winter Park: If you are traveling with children you will want to consider a Winter Park furnished apartment. The area boasts one of the best school systems in the nation.
- Windermere: Home to many celebrities, Windermere is an excellent, safe community to live in. Windermere corporate housing is elegant and luxurious.
- Hunters Creek: Home values in Hunters Creek are close to a half million dollars. If you want to sample the neighborhood without paying the price, choose Hunters Creek corporate housing.
- Avalon Park: Avalon Park was developed with small town values in mind. If you want the hominess of a small town without sacrificing the convenience of the city, choose Avalon Park furnished apartments.
- Stoneybrook: For the corporate traveler who loves to golf, there is Stoneybrook corporate housing.