Oxnard CA Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Oxnard, CA corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Oxnard Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Oxnard and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Oxnard, CA for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The coastal city of Oxnard is home to a prospering economy – an economy driven by agriculture, manufacturing, tourism and international trade. There is also some military and defense activity here. Oxnard’s harbor is a deep commercial port allowing international super carriers to berth there, resulting in a logistics industry that is positioned between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Companies like Chiquita, BMW, Land Rover and Del Monte use these ports frequently to facilitate their import activities. Oil and gas also present a significant revenue stream for the city, with operations under Oxnard Oil Field and West Montalvo Oil Field providing jobs and revenue. There is also a large corporate presence here with companies like Raypak, Proctor and Gamble, and Boss Audio basing their west coast operations here.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Oxnard, CA furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. The climate in Oxnard is Mediterranean all through the year, reaching a high of 74°F in August. Annual temperatures vary between 66 and 74°F. December thru May see cooler temperatures, in the 60s. The cooler months see temperatures dipping as low as 45°F in December. February sees the most rain. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Oxnard, CA corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Oxnard, CA corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Oxnard’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
This area was originally occupied by the Chumash tribe, which you will find evidenced at the Chumash Museum in Thousand Oaks. The history of Oxnard dates back to the 16th century and the Spanish, when Joao Rodrigues Cabrilho claimed it for Spain. California joined the United States in 1850 and saw at the same time the increasing prevalence of ranching in the area. Henry T. Oxnard, the owner of the American Crystal Sugar Company, expanded the city with the construction of a sizeable factory in the area, creating jobs and forming the basis of a manufacturing economy. Originally, the city was supposed to be named Zachari, the Greek word for sugar. But Oxnard named it after himself. The City of Oxnard was then incorporated in 1903.
Places to Eat Near Oxnard Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Oxnard, CA furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Dominick's Italian Restaurant on N Oxnard Blvd: This place is designed to feel like home, and offers generous portions. The pizza, pasta, lasagna, the baked chicken, fettuccine and the chicken parmigiana are crowd-favorites. The flavors here are authentically Italian, and the preparation and presentation look are true to their roots.
- Tierra Sur At Herzog Wine Cellars on Camino Del Sol: Here you will find fine dining that takes gourmet Kosher to the next level. The restaurant accomplishes the delicate balance between sumptuous gourmet food and a warm inviting atmosphere.
- La Dolce Vita on S Oxnard Blvd: Patrons are momentarily transported to a Mediterranean surrounding with the aroma, unmistakably Tuscan. A passionately romantic ambiance is designed to make this restaurant a cozy venue and a pleasant experience. The menu changes constantly with new tastes and experiences designed to present freshness constantly
- Anaba on E Thousand Oaks.: The food is authentic, and deliciously prepared. If you're not sure what to order, ask the servers, they are experts and will guide you effortlessly. Dining here is the best experience in Japanese cuisine, better than most sushi places. This place is a joy.
- Cabo Seafood Grill & Cantina on S Oxnard Blvd.: The food here is as delicious as it is generous. The starters are imaginative and the flavor is authentically Mexican, with a twist of Americana. The favorites form a pretty long list, but it's safe to start with the Enchiladas.
Things to Do While staying in Oxnard Corporate Housing
Stepping out of your Oxnard, CA temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
If you happen to be in Oxnard in summer, you probably want to be near the sea and take a dip in the cool, relaxing waters and feel the waves caressing your skin. Well, the Silverstrand Beach, near the port of Hueneme, is a gem. At any given point of the year, the beach isn't as crowded as the other beaches in the area. There is also a yacht harbor nearby and on the other side is another stretch of beach called the Hollywood Beach, where there are also a number of good Brazilian restaurants, Sunday Farmers Market and of course, boat rides.
If you think that the beach is good, wait till you get to Channel Islands National Park. The park covers five of the eight Channel Islands off the coast. It's most recommended to go to the park in Autumn, where you'll be able to watch the migrating gray whales from a boat and admire the beautiful wildflower displays. Not only that, it's also an excellent spot for diving since the days are sunny most of the time and the clear waters are just majestic, exuding serenity. Channel Islands is a great place to have an outdoor adventure.
If your children are of the adventurous sort but prefer to have an educational time, Gull Wings Children's Museum as the place to be. It is a homegrown, low-technology museum best for children ages 9 and below. It isn't gaudy like the big children's museum, but its hands-on exhibits will develop your children's imagination.
Lastly, if you want a place where everyone in the family will have a great time, try Party On! Family Fun Center, offering a variety of games and amusements that the family will surely find fulfilling and enjoyable. Staying in Oxnard corporate housing has many benefits, not the least of which is having plenty to do.
Whatever your reason for visiting Oxnard, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Oxnard, CA that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
Request a Quote