Aside from the petrochemical industry, the aerospace industry is also a major revenue generator for the town. The aerospace industry comes from defense and aerospace contractors that are set up in the town to assist with the NASA Space Center in the neighboring Clear Lake area. The Boeing company is one of the largest employers in the city.Major shipping businesses are also carried out by companies located here. With the Bayport Shipping terminal and the Houston Ship Channel located in the vicinity, shipping is a major revenue generator for the local economy.Construction businesses are also booming in the post recession economy in Pasadena. Concrete companies also dominate the corporate presence in Pasadena.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Pasadena, TX furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Pasadena experiences a subtropical climate that is warm and humid throughout the year. Spring is characterized by mild temperatures between 79°F in April and 85° in May. Summers warm up to a peak of 93°F in August. Fall temperatures reach average highs of 81° in October, then cools marginally to lows averaging 62° in November. Winters are mild, stretching from December to March with lows in the mid 50s. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Pasadena, TX corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Pasadena, TX corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Pasadena’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.There were three major tribes that dominated the area prior to the Spanish arrival in the early 1800s. They were the Karankawa, the Atakapan and the Akokisa. All three had roots in other parts of Texas but lived around the Galveston bay area to facilitate fishing.The Spanish expedition was lead by Rivas Iriarte and Jose Antonio mapped the area and gave it its present name. Once Mexico had gained independence from Spain, they attempted a northern move to colonize the Texas area and part of that colonization included the Pasadena area.The hurricane that made landfall in 1900 destroyed most of the area including Galveston which cause the Pasadena area to be inundated with residents seeking refuge. Once the rebuilding was complete many of them decided to stay on and that hurricane proved to be one of the major events that propelled the city’s population numbers.The oil boom that began in 1901 is what put Pasadena on the map and brought prosperity to the region. The first oil strike was at Spindletop. Eventually the Goose Creek field was found and developed which resulted in a major change of fortunes for the Galveston, Houston and Pasadena area.
Places to Eat Near Pasadena TX Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Pasadena, TX furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Dog Haus Biergarten on E Green St: Dog Haus is an authentic and popular burger and hot do restaurant that gets meals under ten bucks. They are open daily, from 10 am to midnight. Try the sliders. Most of the sandwiches are served on Kings Hawaiian bread. There is plenty of parking and outdoor seating.
- Pencil on Harkness Ave: Pencil is a Sandwich and Juice bar that is popular among the locals. They are open until 4pm daily and allow take out. There is limited parking on the street. It’s a good place to take the kids to. Try the Turkey Avocado Sandwich.
- Mediterranean Cafe on Shoppers Lane: This place is open for lunch and dinner and serves authentic Middle Eastern, Greek and Mediterranean food. Try the Garlic Spread and the Chicken Kebab Wrap. Meals here are typically under ten bucks and service is fast.
- U Pick Cafe on N Lake Ave.: This is a Middle Eastern Cafe that has all the usual popular items and it is served in an Americanized way. It’s not completely authentic but modified to please the American palette. Try the Grilled Tomato and Pepper or the Beef Lule. They are open daily from 11m to 9pm and offer take out or delivery.
- New Delhi Palace on E Colorado Blvd.: This is an Indian restaurant that serves traditional recipes that are lightly spiced and generously portioned. Try the Tikka Massala and the Rice Pudding dessert. The lunch buffet is popular. They are open till 2.30 for lunch and again between 5pm and 10pm for dinner.
Places to Go in Pasadena, TX
Stepping out of your Pasadena, TX temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
- Entertainment: The Stage Door in South Shaver is a vibrant little community theater that you wouldn’t expect in a town the size of Pasadena. The shows that are adapted here are performed professionally and with great attention to detail and storytelling. Tickets are usually priced at about $15 for adults.
- Museums: Museum of Fine Arts on Bissonnet is one of the most popular fine arts icons in the area. From classes to exhibitions and from galleries and visiting displays the museum has an eclectic array of activities throughout the year.
- Parks: Memorial Park on W Jackson St is a popular destination for the locals. It is not usually on any tourist’s lists though. There is a playground that caters to kids and slides big enough for big kids. There is a basketball court, and picnic areas with a BBQ pit.
Whatever your reason for visiting Pasadena, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Pasadena, TX that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Pasadena area including Deer Park, Galena Park, Baytown, La Porte and South Houston.