Phoenix Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Aside from real estate, financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, wholesale and construction contribute $21 billion, $17 billion, $16 billion, $15 billion, $13 billion, and $10 billion respectively. Manufacturing in Phoenix is spread across multiple sectors covering high tech, aerospace, chemicals and consumables. Within its diverse economy, Phoenix is a strong employment engine which provides a stable tax base for its city coffers. Employment rates have rebounded in the post recession economy to a strong showing among the country's largest employment markets. Arizona ranks in 7th place.
The US military has a presence in Phoenix. As such there is a correspondingly large aerospace and defense industry that caters to this. Luke AFB brings in federal dollars and the sub-economy of catering to military personnel around the southwestern part of the city is significant economic advantage.
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Phoenix, AZ corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Phoenix Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Phoenix and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Phoenix, AZ for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. The Phoenix economy is a robust model that typically trails the general American economy in the event of a crisis. However, it does have a large property base (real estate holds a 15% share of the GMP at over $30 billion) as a component to its economic drivers and since the last recession was primarily initiated and caused by the housing market the recession had a greater impact and was one of the leading economies to tank. However, economic revitalization has been rapid in the recovery period with the Gross Metropolitan Product has grown at over 4% annually and exceeds $200 billion.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Phoenix, AZ furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Located in the midst of the Sonoran Desert, Phoenix experiences a desert climate. Summers, which tend to be hot, can easily breach the 100 degree mark for most of the summer between May and October. Even the nights here can be warm, uncharacteristic of most deserts. Rainfall is minimal throughout the year and averages less than 7 inches for the entire year. There is a monsoon season characterized by thunderstorms and flooding. Fall temperatures average a high of 85° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 61° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Phoenix, AZ corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Phoenix, AZ corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Phoenix’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
The land that Phoenix now stands used to be inhabited with a tribe called the Hohokam. They inhabited this area for over two millennia, and in that time the developed and built more than one hundred miles of canals to irrigate their farmlands.
Many of the modern canals that were built when the European population inhabited the area, were built along these old canals, some went alongside, while theirs were retrenched and repaired. The Central Arizona Canal Project was on such modern project that made use of the Hohokam architecture.
Jack Swilling was one of the forward thinking veterans of the Civil War that saw huge potential in the area surrounding Phoenix and the Salt River Valley for the purpose of farming. The idea became reality not long after and Lord Darrell Duppa coined the name to symbolize the rising of new from the ashes of the old. The town of Phoenix was first recognized by county in 1868 and the local post office was established soon after.
Phoenix became the capital of the State of Arizona in February 1912 and soon after experience rapid growth. It was known for its warm climate and for its entertainment. That changed during the Second World War when Phoenix became a major distribution center.
Places to Eat Near Phoenix Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Phoenix, AZ furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Harumi Sushi on W Adams St.: Harumi is a popular Japanese restaurant that serves contemporary sushi and Japanese flavors amidst a comfortable and clean dining atmosphere. They are open for lunch between 11 and 2pm, then again for dinner between 5 and 9pm. Prices are average and portions are sufficient. Try the Oh My God Roll.
- Postino Arcadia on E Campbell Ave.: Postino is an Italian restaurant and wine bar. They have a wide selection of Italian deli favorites and a comprehensive wine cellar. They are open daily till 11pm. Prices are moderate.
- Little Miss BBQ on University Dr.: Specializing in BBQ this place is a popular favorite with the locals. They serve large portions for prices that range between $11 and $30 for a large meal. They are open daily for an extended lunch between 11am and 4pm. There is convenient parking.
- Bertha's Cafe on E Indian School Rd.: Bertha's is a bakery and sandwich shop combined, specializing in breakfast, brunch and lunch. They open at 7.30 m daily and end at 3.30 pm. They are closed on Sundays.
- Nami on N7th St.: Nami is a vegan spot that creates popular desserts and pastries along with bakery products, a well as a place to sit down and enjoy it all. Their dairy substitute is soy, and so all their ice creams and blizzards are called Tsoynamis. Try it, it is popular here.
Things to Do in Phoenix
Stepping out of your Phoenix, AZ temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Phoenix, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Phoenix, AZ that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Performing Arts Theater: The Phoenix Symphony Hall is an ideal place to take up season passes as it is home to the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra, the Arizona Opera Company and the Ballet Arizona. Performances are rotated between the three and there are also visiting performances during the year.
- Museums: The Phoenix Art Museum is a popular cultural icon in Phoenix. It was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and is reputed to be one of the most interesting pieces of architecture that was built and completed in one year. Today the museum is active throughout the year hosting festivals and independent films. Its collection of visual art is extensive and rotated throughout the year.
- Parks: The Desert Botanical Garden is a unique park that showcases the flora and fauna, indigenous to the local desert area and features a number of sections containing plant life from desserts from around the world. The garden opened in 1939 and has since then seen tremendous growth in terms of size and variety on display.
Request a Quote
Nine Areas of the City to Consider for Phoenix Corporate Housing
If you’re on a temporary assignment in Phoenix or relocating permanently to the area, it is a good idea to try out the different suburbs and neighborhoods first by living in them in corporate housing. If you are looking for a furnished apartment in Phoenix, here are several communities you may want to consider:
Whether you are in Phoenix on temporary assignment or relocating there permanently, living in corporate housing first is the right choice. For one thing, living in a Phoenix furnished apartment will give you more time to enjoy the city and surrounding areas. Almost Home USA’s friendly support staff is on hand to make sure that your washing machine is spinning properly, and to act as a liaison between you and the property manager where you are staying. Phoenix corporate housing frees up more leisure time than any other housing option. Choosing to live in a Phoenix furnished apartment is easy. Deciding which of the many luxurious communities to live in should be the most difficult part of your stay.
- Ancala: Ancala, which is located in Scottsdale, is a gated community of mostly luxury executive homes. The country club here has been rated as one of Arizona’s Top Ten Private Country Clubs by Ranking Arizona magazine. There is a Dye Design 18-hole championship golf course for golfers of all skill levels. Ancala also has tennis courts, a workout gym, a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi. If you’re looking for Ancala corporate housing, chances are it will be in a private residence located somewhere near the golf course.
- Cresta Norte: Another gated community, Cresta Norte is 10 minutes from Mirabella Country Club and other championship golf courses. Cresta Norte is one of Scottsdale’s newest communities and is still under construction. Located at the base of Desert Mountain, Cresta Norte corporate housing has beautiful desert views.
- Grayhawk: Grayhawk is a community with many perks and amenities. There are over 30 miles of hiking, biking and jogging trails, leading to a 15-acre city park that has tennis, basketball, volleyball and baseball. Grayhawk has an award-winning clubhouse with the upscale Quill Creek Restaurant, as well as the more casual Phil’s Grill, golf shop and trading company. There are also two 18-hole golf courses named Talon and Raptor. If you are living in a Grayhawk furnished apartment, you will either be living in Talon Retreat or Raptor Retreat, which are the two neighborhoods in the suburb.
- Dove Valley Ranch: Dove Valley Ranch is located at a higher altitude than other communities, and because of this the climate stays slightly cooler year round. Also because of the elevation, Dove Valley Ranch offers breathtaking mountain views from almost any location within the suburb. If you are staying in a Dove Valley Ranch furnished apartment, you had better be an avid golfer. There is an award winning Robert Trent Jones II golf course, and also shops and fine dining available.
- Terravita: If you are a snowbird, or someone who travels from the North to the South every winter, then perhaps you would want to spend a few months in Terravita corporate housing. Terravita is designed for full-time as well as part-time residents. Nearly every home is next to the golf course or desert, providing relaxing views. Terravita also has an amenity program, including golf, a clubhouse, restaurants, a community center, a state-of-the-art fitness center, a swimming pool, and tennis.
- Las Sendas: Las Sendas, which means “the paths” in English, has plenty of mountain trails within its six large parks to keep you occupied. The parks offer basketball, tennis, soccer, jungle-gyms and baseball. But if you’re new in town, perhaps what you’ll find to be most valuable about living in Las Sendas are the community events, such as summer camps and golf outings. The local golf course is a premier Robert Trent Jones II golf course. If you have children with you, then there are many schools within the community. Las Sendas Elementary School is located here, and nearby are Freemont Jr. High, Red Mountain High and Red Mountain Community College.
- Marshall Ranch: Located in Glendale which is a short drive from downtown Phoenix and only 30 minutes from Sky Harbor Airport, Marshall Ranch is conveniently located for Phoenix corporate housing. If you’re staying in a Marshall Ranch furnished apartment with a family, you will want to enroll your children in the Marshall Ranch Elementary School, which was given an A+ award for higher standards in 2002. Ironwood High School is also an award winning school, and is located within the same district.
- Troon North: Troon North is a gated community that overlooks Phoenix and has breathtaking views of both the mountains and the city. If you are living in a furnished apartment in Troon North, you will surely want to take advantage of the rustic trails that are perfect for horseback riding, mountain biking or hiking. Troon North is designed with the comfort and security of its residents in mind. There are two 18-hole golf courses in Troon North. Residents of Troon North get memberships at no additional charge and receive reduced greens fees, as well as prioritized tee times.
- Verrado: Verrado is one of the newest communities in Phoenix. In 2004, the city completed its elementary and middle school as well as 2,040 residences and 20 neighborhood parks. If you’re staying in Verrado corporate housing, you’ll want to check out the Village Sport and Health Club which features a pool, a lap pool, a kid’s area, basketball, fitness rooms, and fitness classes. Verrado was designed to have a small town feel and has a Main Street with shops and dining.
Surrounding Areas We Serve
We serve the entire Phoenix area including Chandler, Gilbert Town, Glendale, Mesa, Peoria, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Paradise Valley Village.