Plano TX Corporate Housing and Furnished Apartments
The Almost Home Experience... Your Perfect Choice
Almost Home offers a wide variety of Plano, TX corporate housing options for every short or long term furnished apartment need you may have. Contact us today to receive a temporary housing quote customized just for you in your desired area of the city.
Plano Corporate Housing – First Time in the Area
We wish to help familiarize potential newcomers to life in Plano and therefore provide the following informative summary of various aspects of this city. Take a few moments to acquire the knowledge of a long-time resident before you arrive.
Those staying in corporate housing in Plano, TX for business reasons might appreciate some information about the city’s business environment. Plano is sandwiched between the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area and, as such, derives much of its economy from the activities that surround it. There are a large number of corporate headquarters located in Plano, and for this reason, there has been a large influx of newcomers to the area, both for the offices that are in the Plano area, as well as to stay in Plano and commute to the nearby metropolis. More than three-quarters of those who visit Plano come for business.
Plano has undertaken an urban renewal: shopping centers, malls and retail outlets are heavily promoted to optimize the return from sales taxes. There are joint developments where apartments, shopping, and food are co-located to increase returns per square foot of space and to optimize the earning potential of the Plano township.
Companies such as JCPenney, Safety-Kleen, Rent-A-Center and Ericsson have headquarters located in Plano amidst a long list of other Fortune 500 and 1000 companies. This creates a huge real estate industry to serve these large corporations and the people who work for them. As such, real estate and related services are an important strategic industry in Plano.
Knowing what clothing to bring with you to your Plano, TX furnished apartment is somewhat dependent on the local climate. Plano is humid and is categorized as subtropical in climate. Summers, which range between 83º and 93º between May and September, experience the highest temperatures in July and August. Rainfall is highest during the late spring and early fall months and provides some cooling. Fall temperatures average a high of 76° in October, then continues to cool down to lows of 31° in January. So, be sure to dress right and then venture out of your Plano, TX corporate apartment to enjoy the wide variety of outdoor activities that this area offers.
Being a temporary resident in Plano, TX corporate housing need not relegate you to feeling like a complete outsider. Acquaint yourself with Plano’s history by reading our brief historical summary provided below.
It wasn't till the mid 19th century that settlers first arrived at the site which is now Plano. Population expanded with the setting up of sawmills and a gristmill and eventually mail service. The city was named Plano, a Spanish term to describe the flat featureless terrain that dominated the area. A major impetus for the subsequent growth, much like many other cities in the central and western United States, was the arrival of the railroad.
This growth was initially forestalled by a massive fire that broke out downtown in 1881 and destroyed much of the existing buildings and infrastructure. Within a short time after the fire, the town was rebuilt and growth resumed.
The city's growth was then fueled by the corporate sector in the late 1900s. When companies like JCPenney, among others, migrated to Plano bringing along the expansion in population. As the corporate presence became significant, so did population numbers and with that so did the retail industry.
Places to Eat Near Plano Corporate Housing
All of Almost Home’s Plano, TX furnished apartments have fully equipped kitchens, making cooking both easy and enjoyable. However, many of our residents still enjoy dining out from time to time. You might want to give the following restaurants a try:
- Tasty Tails on Legacy Dr.: Tasty Tails serves Cajun and Creole food with a twist. Their signature recipes are various crustaceans, like shrimp, crawfish and crab legs that are cooked with Cajun spices together in a bag and served so that all the flavors mingle together. It is popular in Plano. Try the Trinity that has three different varieties in one dish along with the corn.
- Dona Mary on Los Rios Blvd.: This Mexican restaurant manages to bring the typical taste of Mexico to most of its menu items. It is priced under ten bucks and offers a great place to take the kids. They are open from breakfast through dinner. They also deliver to the neighborhood and offer take out.
- The Latin Pig on Custer Rd.: This is a Cuban restaurant that offers a fun atmosphere for lunch but is more popular at dinner. They don't take reservations, so get there early especially on Friday and Saturday nights. Try the Cuban Sandwich for lunch or the Pollo Guisado for dinner.
- Densetsu on W Spring Creek Pkwy.: Densetsu is a typical neighborhood Japanese restaurant and sushi bar. They are not for the serious connoisseur of sushi, but they do put together a few delights and make lunch or dinner pleasant for under $30. They are open from 11:30 am to 11pm daily.
- Crepes 4 U on Legacy Dr.: The restaurant is run by the owner who takes good care of how the food is prepared and presented. They are open daily from 2pm to 9pm and offer a wide variety of handmade crepes. Try the Vanilla Sky.
Things to Do in Plano
Stepping out of your Plano, TX temporary housing is bound to present you with numerous interesting activities. We have listed a few possible entertainment options that may appeal to you.
Whatever your reason for visiting Plano, Almost Home Corporate Housing is your best choice to provide you with a furnished apartment in Plano, TX that is perfectly tailored to meet your unique housing needs. Call us today to receive a quote or fill out our simple housing request form at the top of this page.
- Museum: The Interurban Railway Museum on E 15th St. is a small museum dedicated to the preservation of history and the development of the transportation sector that gave rise to the growth Plano experienced in the 19th century. It's a good place for kids and there is a park outside.
- Park: The Indoor Safari Park is located on Colt Rd and is open daily from 10 am to 6pm. There is a train ride that goes through the safari park and is a popular feature among all the visitors especially the kids.
- Golf: The Pecan Hollow Golf Course is an affordable public course that is maintained well. They are priced fairly cheaply, and there isn't much wait time for a last minute flight of four. It is an 18-hole course that takes about 3 hours and 45 minute to play on a weekday if you walk and only two and a half if you take the cart. It’s a fairly easy course to navigate.
Request a Quote